Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby neonx » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:15 pm

Is there a CLS 2014 FB group?

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby subtle » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:25 pm

neonx wrote:Is there a CLS 2014 FB group?


+1

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:30 pm

subtle wrote:
neonx wrote:Is there a CLS 2014 FB group?


+1


Wrong thread. Most of us in this one aren't able to include ourselves in CLS' class of 2014. :lol:

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jrose5 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:33 pm

law_monkey wrote:
subtle wrote:
neonx wrote:Is there a CLS 2014 FB group?


+1


Wrong thread. Most of us in this one aren't able to include ourselves in CLS' class of 2014. :lol:


There is! Someone I know is in it. You should search "Columbia Law School 2014" and you will find it.

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jrose5 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:34 pm

ahduth wrote:
incompetentia wrote:There are a -lot- of people who have admit-type numbers that have been held. They had better :|


Ya back when that huge wave of holds came out, there was a big pile of 4.4 indices that were forgotten and subsequently held. It was a bit surprising - that's their median.


The number of other holds with the 4.4 index is quite disheartening. I am already considering other options as though CLS is out of the question. :(

jeng
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:12 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jeng » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:38 pm

jrose5 wrote:
ahduth wrote:
incompetentia wrote:There are a -lot- of people who have admit-type numbers that have been held. They had better :|


Ya back when that huge wave of holds came out, there was a big pile of 4.4 indices that were forgotten and subsequently held. It was a bit surprising - that's their median.


The number of other holds with the 4.4 index is quite disheartening. I am already considering other options as though CLS is out of the question. :(


How do you know what your index score is?

sargell83
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:08 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby sargell83 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:41 pm

so all the decisions come via e-mail or snail mail, right? the status checker is totally useless?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:41 pm

jeng wrote:
jrose5 wrote:
ahduth wrote:
incompetentia wrote:There are a -lot- of people who have admit-type numbers that have been held. They had better :|


Ya back when that huge wave of holds came out, there was a big pile of 4.4 indices that were forgotten and subsequently held. It was a bit surprising - that's their median.


The number of other holds with the 4.4 index is quite disheartening. I am already considering other options as though CLS is out of the question. :(


How do you know what your index score is?


Go to law school predictor, plug in your numbers, and see what your index is.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Just accepted to Columbia after being held an eternity ago. Guess the movement has begun.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:54 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Just accepted to Columbia after being held an eternity ago. Guess the movement has begun.


The fuse on the dynamite has been lit...congrats tho my dude

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby sarahlawg » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:57 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Just accepted to Columbia after being held an eternity ago. Guess the movement has begun.


Congrats! email? you'll be one of the lucky few :)

supahstahxruv
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby supahstahxruv » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:58 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Just accepted to Columbia after being held an eternity ago. Guess the movement has begun.


CONGRATS! so amazing :)

User avatar
camelcrema
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby camelcrema » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:58 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Just accepted to Columbia after being held an eternity ago. Guess the movement has begun.


Phew. I remember your hold. That's when everyone began to wonder what the hell was going on at Columbia.

User avatar
vertex
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby vertex » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:14 pm

neonx wrote:Is there a CLS 2014 FB group?


Yes, if you haven't found it yet, PM me.

User avatar
moxiepostulate
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby moxiepostulate » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Just got in after being held almost two months ago!

I screamed. Literally. There's that moment when viewing the pdf through gmail where it's blurry but you can sort of make it out... I saw the outline of "Congratulations" and about had a hernia until it became clear enough to confirm, lol.

Good luck to everyone else who's waiting!!!! I hope to see y'all at ASW.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby incompetentia » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:17 pm

Aaaaaaand away we go.

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 123kl » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:17 pm

moxiepostulate wrote:Just got in after being held almost two months ago!

I screamed. Literally. There's that moment when viewing the pdf through gmail where it's blurry but you can sort of make it out... I saw the outline of "Congratulations" and about had a hernia until it became clear enough to confirm, lol.

Good luck to everyone else who's waiting!!!! I hope to see y'all at ASW.


CONGRATS! Did you send a LOCI?

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby c_dubya_s » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:19 pm

Congrats to both of you!!!

One other thing. Groupon--this is NOT the proper time to send me a list of "Unbeatable deals for home & garden." Inbox (1) has special emotional connotations for me right now. Thanks!

Edit: You too, Orbitz.

User avatar
moxiepostulate
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby moxiepostulate » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:23 pm

123kl wrote:
moxiepostulate wrote:Just got in after being held almost two months ago!

I screamed. Literally. There's that moment when viewing the pdf through gmail where it's blurry but you can sort of make it out... I saw the outline of "Congratulations" and about had a hernia until it became clear enough to confirm, lol.

Good luck to everyone else who's waiting!!!! I hope to see y'all at ASW.


CONGRATS! Did you send a LOCI?


Thank you! Yup, almost a month ago. Nothing special, just some honest blathering. So much good luck to everyone who is waiting!! I had pretty much written off hearing from anyone else until April. So excited for ASW! I just HAPPENED to be heading out early. Was planning on moping around the Columbia campus the following Saturday just to see it, lol. Amazing stuff.

User avatar
otterpotter
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:08 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby otterpotter » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:24 pm

jrose5 wrote:Applications are down this year, and not to mention it's likely they are using holds differently this year to avoid the overenrollment problem they've had in recent years.


true, but columbia's first deposit isn't due until May 1st, and they are allegedly telling us holds that we'll have a response by April 22nd.

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 123kl » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:24 pm

You two should have gotten in initially. You definitely both have the numbers. They just wanted to make sure you were interested, I bet.

padthai
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby padthai » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:26 pm

Wow, congratulations Moxie!!!
Hope you were at home when you screamed lol

Both your and tk's stats are so high. I definitely shouldn't be getting my hopes up.

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jrose5 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:30 pm

padthai wrote:Wow, congratulations Moxie!!!
Hope you were at home when you screamed lol

Both your and tk's stats are so high. I definitely shouldn't be getting my hopes up.


Congratulations, you two!

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby incompetentia » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:31 pm

First step toward confirmation that the hold will not be used in the same manner this year.


My stats aren't quite that high, but hoping I can still sneak in.

ExpectLess
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ExpectLess » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:32 pm

In after hold. :)

Are Hamiltons/Butlers mentioned in the scanned PDF for those that received them (ie, can I assume I did not get one)? Or in snail mail afterwards?

Edit: Also have pretty good stats and sent a LOCI a while ago, fwiw.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”