Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jrose5

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jrose5 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:11 pm

Complete ~1/19, still waiting. :(

samilabuena

Postby samilabuena » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Complete 11/16
and STILL waiting.

Did they lose my app? Is it really possible they are still considering me? I thought I would be an auto-ding and applied for thehellofit. Could it be that Columbia has a little crush on sami? Or is it just a tease...?

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:28 pm

samilabuena wrote:Complete 11/16
and STILL waiting.

Did they lose my app? Is it really possible they are still considering me? I thought I would be an auto-ding and applied for thehellofit. Could it be that Columbia has a little crush on sami? Or is it just a tease...?

They haven't lost your app. I called about mine a couple weeks ago (and I'm 10/21), and they said a decision hadn't been made and they would keep coming out through the end of April. They're just really slow and annoying. :(

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:33 pm

law_monkey wrote:
and STILL waiting.

They haven't lost your app. I called about mine a couple weeks ago (and I'm 10/21), and they said a decision hadn't been made and they would keep coming out through the end of April. They're just really slow and annoying. :(

Turn that frown upside down...you're supposed to be the head of the pep squad in here.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:09 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
and STILL waiting.

Turn that frown upside down...you're supposed to be the head of the pep squad in here.

Oh yeah. Whoops. Sami don't worry!!! Your VCE is on its way...after you get the acceptance email of course, since that's what they're doing now. The forgotten will PROFIT!!! Plus now that they're doing emails it means we'll find out faster! No USPS snafus for us! :D

jrose5

Postby jrose5 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:17 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
and STILL waiting.

Oh yeah. Whoops. Sami don't worry!!! Your VCE is on its way...after you get the acceptance email of course, since that's what they're doing now. The forgotten will PROFIT!!! Plus now that they're doing emails it means we'll find out faster! No USPS snafus for us! :D

Sorry, I must have missed this somewhere... but do acceptance emails go to all those admitted now? Not long ago, only admitted int'l students were getting them, if I understood correctly.

mel2010

Postby mel2010 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:19 pm

It's not certain, but it seems like that's the trend at this point in the cycle. Email first (w/ PDF of letter), and then VCE a few days later.

JonSanchez2009

Postby JonSanchez2009 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:51 pm

law_monkey wrote:
and STILL waiting.

You got into some of the best schools in the nation. What's your top choice? If I were as awesome / as qualified as you, I'd go to Washington and Lee.

I attended George Washington for a semester, though it wasn't the law school obviously, but the general vibe I got was that it was for the trust fund babies that were too dumb to get into george town.

I don't know why I felt compelled to give you unsolicited advice, so sorry if it's offensive. Here it is anyway :)

lateblooming

Postby lateblooming » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:53 pm

complete since November with nothing. this cycle seems to be taking forever

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:58 pm

JonSanchez2009 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
and STILL waiting.

You got into some of the best schools in the nation. What's your top choice? If I were as awesome / as qualified as you, I'd go to Washington and Lee.

I attended George Washington for a semester, though it wasn't the law school obviously, but the general vibe I got was that it was for the trust fund babies that were too dumb to get into george town.

I don't know why I felt compelled to give you unsolicited advice, so sorry if it's offensive. Here it is anyway :)

Um haha thanks. Definitely not offended! I actually had no idea how my cycle would go, so I applied to a very big range. FWIW I've withdrawn from all of my non-T14 acceptances. At this point it's between Penn and NYU, depending on if I get the AnBryce at NYU, but if CLS gives me a nod I will obviously consider it too. And CLS is of course going to give all of the forgotten an acceptance! :wink:

ChriLa425

Postby ChriLa425 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:58 pm

samilabuena wrote: And CLS is of course going to give all of the forgotten an acceptance! :wink:

Couldn't agree more!

samilabuena

Postby samilabuena » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Ouch! I'm a little offended, Sanchez.

And thanks for your support, monkey. I'll keep my chin up.

delusional

Postby delusional » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:30 pm

Can someone help me clear up the following? According to CLS's website, they give mostly need based aid, with the exception of a few named grants at the time of acceptance. All I have received so far is the emailed scan of my acceptance letter, and there was no mention of a scholarship. Does that mean that I have no hope of receiving merit based aid from them?

JonSanchez2009

Postby JonSanchez2009 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:43 pm

Sami, sorry to offend :P maybe it will help for you to know my experience was based on the applied politics program. The USC kids that comprised a lot of the program were trust-fundier and dumber than the GWU kids I met. :P

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:07 pm

JonSanchez2009 wrote:Sami, sorry to offend :P maybe it will help for you to know my experience was based on the applied politics program. The USC kids that comprised a lot of the program were trust-fundier and dumber than the GWU kids I met. :P

Ummm...as a non trust-fund baby and not-so-dumb person (at least IMO) who goes to USC, now I'm offended! :wink:

And delusional sorry I don't know the answer to your question. I've only heard of the fellowships and named schollies at CLS, but that doesn't mean more aid doesn't exist. Although I'm sure it can't be much...

kwais

Postby kwais » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:11 pm

delusional wrote:Can someone help me clear up the following? According to CLS's website, they give mostly need based aid, with the exception of a few named grants at the time of acceptance. All I have received so far is the emailed scan of my acceptance letter, and there was no mention of a scholarship. Does that mean that I have no hope of receiving merit based aid from them?

From what I understand, no merit aid with the acceptance essentially means no merit aid. someone mentioned, however, that occasionally the need-based aid seems to have a "merit" bump in it. don't know exactly what that means but I need it to be true.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:32 am

So I tried browsing back a few pages to find this answer, but gave up. Has anyone gotten in with a hold yet??

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:58 pm

artichoke wrote:So I tried browsing back a few pages to find this answer, but gave up. Has anyone gotten in with a hold yet??

Not yet. TT would blow up if it did though.

samilabuena

Postby samilabuena » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:23 pm

law_monkey wrote:
JonSanchez2009 wrote:Sami, sorry to offend :P maybe it will help for you to know my experience was based on the applied politics program. The USC kids that comprised a lot of the program were trust-fundier and dumber than the GWU kids I met. :P

Ummm...as a non trust-fund baby and not-so-dumb person (at least IMO) who goes to USC, now I'm offended! :wink:

You are forgiven, Sanchez. And I think you've learned your lesson here - don't generalize student bodies!

JonSanchez2009

Postby JonSanchez2009 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:14 pm

samilabuena wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

You are forgiven, Sanchez. And I think you've learned your lesson here - don't generalize student bodies!

You're so optimistic... :) I love stereotypes. They make thinking so much easier! I'm a hispanic male. I'm quick to anger, love intensely, and always smell nice ;) I sweat cologne.

neonx

Postby neonx » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:15 pm

JonSanchez2009 wrote:
samilabuena wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

You're so optimistic... :) I love stereotypes. They make thinking so much easier! I'm a hispanic male. I'm quick to anger, love intensely, and always smell nice ;) I sweat cologne.

I hope this is in your diversity statement. WINNER.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:21 pm

neonx wrote:
JonSanchez2009 wrote:

I hope this is in your diversity statement. WINNER.

+1! And worth $$$ for sure!!!

whiteswan

Postby whiteswan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:32 pm

OMG on a side note, is anybody watching the Jersey Shore?!?!?! What is up with Sammi and Ron you guys they need to break up! it's ridiculous at this point.

BeachedBrit

Postby BeachedBrit » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:34 pm

artichoke wrote:So I tried browsing back a few pages to find this answer, but gave up. Has anyone gotten in with a hold yet??

Last year the first hold admits came in mid-late March. Hopeful over here but with no real idea of how many people were held nor how many were held/accepted last year + reports that it will be better than last year it's hard to know whether to hold out much hope.

mel2010

Postby mel2010 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:35 pm

whiteswan wrote:OMG on a side note, is anybody watching the Jersey Shore?!?!?! What is up with Sammi and Ron you guys they need to break up! it's ridiculous at this point.

No offense, but you may want to take your 9 identical posts about this to the social lounge...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”