Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ChriLa425

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ChriLa425 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:19 pm

hey everyone! obviously i'm not the only one waiting, but just wondering how columbia sends their acceptances out? are they normal mail or fedex? i ask because i'm in Mexico, which has quite possibly the most unreliable regular mail EVER. I sent my grandma a card and it didn't get there for three months.

subtle

Postby subtle » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:21 pm

I think that you'll get an email with a PDF of your letter if you're an international student.

ChriLa425

Postby ChriLa425 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:27 pm

subtle wrote:I think that you'll get an email with a PDF of your letter if you're an international student.

ah that would be good, maybe they'll just send it to my parents house in the US and make everything easier.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:31 pm

ChriLa425 wrote:
subtle wrote:I think that you'll get an email with a PDF of your letter if you're an international student.

ah that would be good, maybe they'll just send it to my parents house in the US and make everything easier.

Believe me that would NOT make it easier. Weird things have been going on with the mail so people get their admitted students binder before getting an actual acceptance. Plus email is quick and easy. When they know, you'll probably know as opposed to checking your mailbox frantically every day hoping to find vomit instead of a ding.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:16 am

ChriLa425 wrote:

This is what I did. I'm in Asia so I just put my parents address.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:02 am

Last year, CLS released VERY few decisions between 19 Feb and 1 Mar.

For what it's worth, over half of the people accepted between 11 and 13 Mar last year were URMs...looks like there's a big spike where they handle them separately.

neonx

Postby neonx » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:03 am

incompetentia wrote:Last year, CLS released VERY few decisions between 19 Feb and 1 Mar.

For what it's worth, over half of the people accepted between 11 and 13 Mar last year were URMs...looks like there's a big spike where they handle them separately.

Ahh!! Rooting for my URM friends!

subtle

Postby subtle » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:09 am

neonx wrote:
incompetentia wrote:Last year, CLS released VERY few decisions between 19 Feb and 1 Mar.

:D

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:55 am

subtle wrote:
neonx wrote:

:D

I'd rather not get my hopes up. And that's still really far away. Sorry not trying to be such a downer. I'm just so FRUSTRATED right now. :D

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:07 am

Law_monkey....all that talk about Penn being far and away your first choice and here you are going nuts over Columbia. Someone's a hypocrite LOL.

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:10 am

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Law_monkey....all that talk about Penn being far and away your first choice and here you are going nuts over Columbia. Someone's a hypocrite LOL.

:|. Ignore this Law_monkey, <3.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:23 am

Knock wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:Law_monkey....all that talk about Penn being far and away your first choice and here you are going nuts over Columbia. Someone's a hypocrite LOL.

Haha thanks Knock! But I can see why it would seem weird. I just REALLY want to hear back from CLS so I can have my full list of options in front of me. While I do LOVE Penn and will likely end up there, CLS is obviously an amazing school and if I did get in I would definitely give it my full consideration. But when I commit at Penn I just want to make sure there aren't any other schools lingering out there for me to cross off my list. :D SO YES I'M GOING NUTS OVER COLUMBIA HAHAHA!!!

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:56 am

"hold" still waiting here... I know it's ultimately going to be a reject... but I still can't help but hope.

redsoxfan2495

Postby redsoxfan2495 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:03 am

artichoke wrote:"hold" still waiting here... I know it's ultimately going to be a reject... but I still can't help but hope.
Why so pessimistic? If the numbers in your profile are accurate I think you have a chance. (At least I hope you do because my numbers are quite similar. :P)

kwais

Postby kwais » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:18 am

artichoke wrote:"hold" still waiting here... I know it's ultimately going to be a reject... but I still can't help but hope.

I got in with slightly lower numbers than you, so keep the hope alive

ChriLa425

Postby ChriLa425 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:21 am

kwais wrote:

Congrats Kwais! and thanks for keeping us (slightly) more optimistic

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:43 am

law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:

Haha thanks Knock! But I can see why it would seem weird. I just REALLY want to hear back from CLS so I can have my full list of options in front of me. While I do LOVE Penn and will likely end up there, CLS is obviously an amazing school and if I did get in I would definitely give it my full consideration. But when I commit at Penn I just want to make sure there aren't any other schools lingering out there for me to cross off my list. :D SO YES I'M GOING NUTS OVER COLUMBIA HAHAHA!!!

Nah I know lol..I was just messing with yiu..in the same vein that everyone joked with me when I said I didn't care and then I got in and was yelling yes. Lighten up Knock...it's not that serious...I'm rooting for lm as much as anyone.

plurilingue

Postby plurilingue » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:05 pm

Last edited by plurilingue on Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:

Nah I know lol..I was just messing with yiu..in the same vein that everyone joked with me when I said I didn't care and then I got in and was yelling yes. Lighten up Knock...it's not that serious...I'm rooting for lm as much as anyone.

Haha you are both toooo nice! <3 Although I don't know how I feel about the added pressure of other people rooting for me. I hope I don't let you down when CLS strings me along this whole time only to send me a ding letter at the end of April! :P

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:50 pm

plurilingue wrote:Ack! Just got back from Paris and Brussels only to find that little has advanced over the past week...sigh...

So we shouldn't be expecting many more decisions until March? And for those of us in the "held" category, likely nothing until the end of April?

I just had a thought. I am wondering if CLS has already selected the entire class. All of us who got the "hold" email: Is it possible that we are sort of a defacto wait list? As some of the accepted students withdraw, they will go through the applicants placed on "hold" and decide whom to admit on or before 4/22.?
It's just a thought. And comments?

mel2010

Postby mel2010 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:51 pm

masterthearts wrote:
plurilingue wrote:Ack! Just got back from Paris and Brussels only to find that little has advanced over the past week...sigh...

So we shouldn't be expecting many more decisions until March? And for those of us in the "held" category, likely nothing until the end of April?

I just had a thought. I am wondering if CLS has already selected the entire class. All of us who got the "hold" email: Is it possible that we are sort of a defacto wait list? As some of the accepted students withdraw, they will go through the applicants placed on "hold" and decide whom to admit on or before 4/22.?
It's just a thought. And comments?

Then what would be the point of having a forgotten group with no decisions yet? Truly forgotten?

almightypush

Postby almightypush » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:45 pm

just withdrew my application. hopefully that will help someone still waiting. best of luck!

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:49 am

kwais wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement!

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:19 pm

FINALLY complete today... God only knows when I'll hear back, the website says applicants complete by Feb 15 should hear by the end of April. Unfortunately I don't have until the end of April to decide, I need to have somewhere to move to on May 16. So I might have shot myself in the foot on the off chance that I'd even get in (or, rather, the Dean of Students office shot me in the foot).

dbrddr

Postby dbrddr » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:57 pm

almightypush wrote:just withdrew my application. hopefully that will help someone still waiting. best of luck!

did this several nights ago, and I just got a call from a current CLS student offering to answer any questions I might have. *Awkward*

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”