Columbia 2011! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jrose5

Silver

Re: Columbia 2011!

Post by jrose5 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:44 pm

law_monkey wrote:
jrose5 wrote:Had a rough weekend.. studied 2 days straight for a test on Monday morning that ended up bring hard. Ran to my mailbox afterwards - no VCE, no nothing. :( Really could have used a cheering up and can't think of anything better than a VCE!
Wait are you international? Cuz if not there's no mail today anyway...
Nope, not international. But where I am (southern state) we don't get the day off. :/

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:50 pm

jrose5 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
jrose5 wrote:Had a rough weekend.. studied 2 days straight for a test on Monday morning that ended up bring hard. Ran to my mailbox afterwards - no VCE, no nothing. :( Really could have used a cheering up and can't think of anything better than a VCE!
Wait are you international? Cuz if not there's no mail today anyway...
Nope, not international. But where I am (southern state) we don't get the day off. :/
Yeah but the US Postal Service does. That doesn't go state to state.

mr_toad

Silver

Post by mr_toad » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:50 pm

But isn't it still a Federal holiday, thus no postal service?

OxfordCommaJunkie

New

Post by OxfordCommaJunkie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:05 pm

law_monkey wrote:
OxfordCommaJunkie wrote:Applied 11/24, Admitted 2/15.
Congrats!!!! If you don't mind sharing, was 2/15 the postmark? And were you originally forgotten? Yay!!! :D
Yes, received the letter and welcome packet were postmarked on 2/15.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:14 pm

OxfordCommaJunkie wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
OxfordCommaJunkie wrote:Applied 11/24, Admitted 2/15.
Congrats!!!! If you don't mind sharing, was 2/15 the postmark? And were you originally forgotten? Yay!!! :D
Yes, received the letter and welcome packet were postmarked on 2/15.
Thanks for the info and congrats again!

Although postmarks are no longer relevant for me now that I know CLS has no idea what they want to do with me. :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Seems like there's been no activity since 2/15. Think they might be sorting through everybody's last-minute files before they release decisions on the forgottens?

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Seems like there's been no activity since 2/15. Think they might be sorting through everybody's last-minute files before they release decisions on the forgottens?

AdamAndSteve

Bronze

Post by AdamAndSteve » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Not to freak you other forgottens out, but I believe that the only remaining forgottens are URMs. Well, at least we three are, no?

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:24 pm

I am. I don't know what to make of that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:25 pm

AdamAndSteve wrote:Not to freak you other forgottens out, but I believe that the only remaining forgottens are URMs. Well, at least we three are, no?
There were/are a disproportionate number of URMs in the forgotten group, but there are non-URMs as well.

pulandasu

Bronze

Post by pulandasu » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:26 pm

bdubs wrote:
AdamAndSteve wrote:Not to freak you other forgottens out, but I believe that the only remaining forgottens are URMs. Well, at least we three are, no?
There were/are a disproportionate number of URMs in the forgotten group, but there are non-URMs as well.
+1

miracle2011

Bronze

Post by miracle2011 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:27 pm

I am a forgotten URM as well

jrose5

Silver

Post by jrose5 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:28 pm

I'm guessing a separate committee looks at URM applications? No? (Non-URM here, btw, so I've done no research on this.)

How long does it take to be "forgotten"? I think I hardly count, as an early Jan. applicant... but it HAS been 1.5 months at this point.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AdamAndSteve

Bronze

Post by AdamAndSteve » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Ruh roh. It's a minority walk-off!

degibogen214

New

Post by degibogen214 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:30 pm

forgotten since october but not a URM :(

texaskk

Bronze

Post by texaskk » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Also non-URM October forgotten

somewhere

Bronze

Post by somewhere » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:36 pm

I think TrustMeI'mAnActress said his/her postmark was 2/16.

I'm still forgotten, too; Hispanic but not of the varieties that are usually specified as the only Hispanic URMs on some threads here.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

IncorrectReversal

New

Post by IncorrectReversal » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Forgotten since November, not a URM.

I have a feeling the number of forgotten is greater than we all perceive (many more of us not on tls, etc.)

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Non-URM forgotten here. Do we still have the superforgottens spreadsheet?

mel2010

Bronze

Post by mel2010 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:56 pm

incompetentia wrote:Non-URM forgotten here. Do we still have the superforgottens spreadsheet?
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPa1oIEJ

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:06 pm

I think some of the people who put in their info when the spreadsheet first came out actually got decisions later. But they sent out a gazillion fee waivers to URMs in the last couple days before the deadline, so I hate to put it this way but I kind of think a lot of the still forgotten URMs might be on the bubble pending what they could find last minute. Kind of a "we'll take them if we have to pile." Granted that is COMPLETE speculation obviously, so that could just be pure crap. I'm hoping once they finish going through the last minute apps they'll be able to get back to us. Although LSN does have a handful of early fall apps -> March/April decisions. :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 pm

law_monkey wrote:I think some of the people who put in their info when the spreadsheet first came out actually got decisions later. But they sent out a gazillion fee waivers to URMs in the last couple days before the deadline, so I hate to put it this way but I kind of think a lot of the still forgotten URMs might be on the bubble pending what they could find last minute. Kind of a "we'll take them if we have to pile." Granted that is COMPLETE speculation obviously, so that could just be pure crap. I'm hoping once they finish going through the last minute apps they'll be able to get back to us. Although LSN does have a handful of early fall apps -> March/April decisions. :(

Hopefully, this is comforting:

My friend who is going to CLS right now, heard back in March--he was never held. He isn't URM and got a 179.

jrose5

Silver

Post by jrose5 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:13 pm

subtle wrote:
law_monkey wrote:I think some of the people who put in their info when the spreadsheet first came out actually got decisions later. But they sent out a gazillion fee waivers to URMs in the last couple days before the deadline, so I hate to put it this way but I kind of think a lot of the still forgotten URMs might be on the bubble pending what they could find last minute. Kind of a "we'll take them if we have to pile." Granted that is COMPLETE speculation obviously, so that could just be pure crap. I'm hoping once they finish going through the last minute apps they'll be able to get back to us. Although LSN does have a handful of early fall apps -> March/April decisions. :(

My friend who is going to CLS right now, heard back in March--he was never held. He isn't URM and got a 179.
Thanks for trying, but it's not that comforting because most of us (or at least I) don't have that LSAT!! :(

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:16 pm

subtle wrote:

It's not comforting in that I just think it's ridiculous. CLS literally rides on their name and reputation, and it works because of course they have the name and reputation. Other schools might yank their candidates around OR be rude/icy when people call in with questions OR poorly represent their school at law school forums OR have butt ugly buildings, but CLS is the only one who has all those factors AND a never-ending supply of pre-law students all salivating at the chance to get in.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:18 pm

jrose5 wrote:
subtle wrote:

Thanks for trying, but it's not that comforting because most of us (or at least I) don't have that LSAT!! :(

I mean, I don't either, but I think the point is this: we're all thinking, regardless of the strength (or lack thereof) of our individual numbers, that it can't be good news because we submitted so early (relatively, speaking) and still not hearing back. He submitted early and heard back in March without being held. I have to believe that that means there are applicants CLS wants, but, for whatever reason, hasn't gotten to yet. That's all. Think of it that way. (That's the way I'm going to think of it anyway.)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”