Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Ikki
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Ikki » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:39 pm

incompetentia wrote:Seems like there are not many admittances so far. In either cases, not a ding, right?


I don't even know what to think anymore, I went complete in late November, and they're still going with their shenanigans?
Just tell me you don't want me CLS!

somewhere
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby somewhere » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:39 pm

OxfordCommaJunkie wrote:Applied 11/24, Admitted 2/15.


Congrats! Admitted by letter or email? If by letter, what was the postmark on the envelope?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:41 pm

OxfordCommaJunkie wrote:Applied 11/24, Admitted 2/15.


Congrats!!!! If you don't mind sharing, was 2/15 the postmark? And were you originally forgotten? Yay!!! :D

ringdabell
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ringdabell » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Just wondering,
I got held on Feb 2nd.
Haven't heard from them yet.
Is it that unlikely to be picked up from HOLD?
Can anybody just fill me with all/anything they know about HOLD?
Thanks a lot

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby c_dubya_s » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:18 pm

ringdabell wrote:Just wondering,
I got held on Feb 2nd.
Haven't heard from them yet.
Is it that unlikely to be picked up from HOLD?
Can anybody just fill me with all/anything they know about HOLD?
Thanks a lot

Join the Held at Columbia thread! http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=146728

pereira6
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby pereira6 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:22 pm

I still think the hold e-mails aren't a waitlist.

User avatar
waitlisteddd
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby waitlisteddd » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:26 pm

this thread elevates my heart rate, even though I already gave up on hearing good news from CLS.

why am i still obsessed?

whoever introduced me to TLS is an evil person. just kidding.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:34 pm

pereira6 wrote:I still think the hold e-mails aren't a waitlist.


They aren't. Reserve emails are. However, a lot of holds do eventually end up on the reserve list from what I hear.

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby kwais » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:23 pm

I got a sweet NYC guide from CLS today. Nice touch. I guess this is the so-called brick?

lakerfanimal
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:22 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby lakerfanimal » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:27 pm

kwais wrote:I got a sweet NYC guide from CLS today. Nice touch. I guess this is the so-called brick?


I think so. The book's 500 something pages haha

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Hey-O » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:45 pm

kwais wrote:I got a sweet NYC guide from CLS today. Nice touch. I guess this is the so-called brick?


No the brick is a big box full of different brochures on CLS offerings and opportunities. I'm jealous about the NYC guide. I won't get it until June!

lakerfanimal
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:22 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby lakerfanimal » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:46 pm

Hey-O wrote:
kwais wrote:I got a sweet NYC guide from CLS today. Nice touch. I guess this is the so-called brick?


No the brick is a big box full of different brochures on CLS offerings and opportunities. I'm jealous about the NYC guide. I won't get it until June!


There's more :shock:

User avatar
OxfordCommaJunkie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby OxfordCommaJunkie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:34 am

somewhere wrote:
OxfordCommaJunkie wrote:Applied 11/24, Admitted 2/15.


Congrats! Admitted by letter or email? If by letter, what was the postmark on the envelope?

Thank you! Admitted via email on 2/15.

User avatar
OxfordCommaJunkie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby OxfordCommaJunkie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:37 am

law_monkey wrote:
OxfordCommaJunkie wrote:Applied 11/24, Admitted 2/15.


Congrats!!!! If you don't mind sharing, was 2/15 the postmark? And were you originally forgotten? Yay!!! :D

Thank you! Admitted via email on 2/15. It may take the letter a while to get to California but the attachment to the email was good enough for me! :lol:

I don't know if I was originally forgotten but I was most certainly beginning to question whether I'd really submitted my app or if it was all an Inception-like dream state. :shock:

somewhere
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby somewhere » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:02 pm

Is it clear to anyone why some people—apparently not just international applicants, now—are getting email notifications?

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby c_dubya_s » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:03 pm

somewhere wrote:Is it clear to anyone why some people—apparently not just international applicants, now—are getting email notifications?

I think a few of the "forgotten" called to inquire about the status of their applications, and received emailed acceptance letters shortly afterwards.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby incompetentia » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:16 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:
somewhere wrote:Is it clear to anyone why some people—apparently not just international applicants, now—are getting email notifications?

I think a few of the "forgotten" called to inquire about the status of their applications, and received emailed acceptance letters shortly afterwards.

I think OxfordComma's acceptance breaks this trend, though. I'm starting to think that they may be now releasing ALL their decisions through email. (There were a fairly large number of us that called on Monday, the day that this started.)

Of course, it would be useful to know whether people like Fresh or Oxford or the other email applicants receive VCEs anyway, and if we have any counterexamples.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bdubs » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:16 pm

OxfordCommaJunkie wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
OxfordCommaJunkie wrote:Applied 11/24, Admitted 2/15.


Congrats!!!! If you don't mind sharing, was 2/15 the postmark? And were you originally forgotten? Yay!!! :D

Thank you! Admitted via email on 2/15. It may take the letter a while to get to California but the attachment to the email was good enough for me! :lol:

I don't know if I was originally forgotten but I was most certainly beginning to question whether I'd really submitted my app or if it was all an Inception-like dream state. :shock:


Congrats! Most of the other e-mail acceptances were URMs. Are you a URM?

texaskk
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby texaskk » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:22 pm

incompetentia wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:
somewhere wrote:Is it clear to anyone why some people—apparently not just international applicants, now—are getting email notifications?

I think a few of the "forgotten" called to inquire about the status of their applications, and received emailed acceptance letters shortly afterwards.

I think OxfordComma's acceptance breaks this trend, though. I'm starting to think that they may be now releasing ALL their decisions through email. (There were a fairly large number of us that called on Monday, the day that this started.)

Of course, it would be useful to know whether people like Fresh or Oxford or the other email applicants receive VCEs anyway, and if we have any counterexamples.



But haven't there been some snail mail acceptances postmarked 2/14-2/15 as well? Thought I saw some over the past couple of days

edit: lizziebeth,champsound

User avatar
mel2010
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby mel2010 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:28 pm

And I think there was at least one instance of admittance via carrier pigeon, too. CLS is playing mind games...

texaskk
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby texaskk » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:39 pm

mel2010 wrote:And I think there was at least one instance of admittance via carrier pigeon, too. CLS is playing mind games...



Ain't that the truth..

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby incompetentia » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:42 pm

Lizziebeth was 2/14 postmark...Fresh didn't get his email (as the first) until after 3pm on the 14th, after the massive barrage of calls. Champ never really specified postmark date, but it could not have been any later than 2/14 I'm guessing. A 2/15 or later postmark would convince me though

I AM CLINGING TO MY THEORY (and my guns because I'm bitter)

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:59 pm

incompetentia wrote:Lizziebeth was 2/14 postmark...Fresh didn't get his email (as the first) until after 3pm on the 14th, after the massive barrage of calls. Champ never really specified postmark date, but it could not have been any later than 2/14 I'm guessing. A 2/15 or later postmark would convince me though

I AM CLINGING TO MY THEORY (and my guns because I'm bitter)


I like this theory because hopefully it means we'll hear faster when they do finally decide. But then again I don't like it because lack of an email either means no decision or there's a ding coming/already in the mail. I like pretending my VCE is nestled in my mailman's hand everyday.

TrustMeI'mAnActress
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby TrustMeI'mAnActress » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:42 pm

VCE today! Excited would be an understatement! :D :D :D

I was part of the "forgotten" group.

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Hey-O » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:48 pm

TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:VCE today! Excited would be an understatement! :D :D :D

I was part of the "forgotten" group.


Congrats!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Google Adsense [Bot], lillawyer2, Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests