Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
law_monkey

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:46 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:Haven't posted on here in a long time (got too hooked on this site haha) but I just got in today. I'm hoping they didn't make a mistake but I'm shocked. PM for numbers if you'd like. Congrats to everyone else, and good luck to people still waiting :)

Yaaaayyyyyy!!!!!! I'm sooo happy for you!!! :D :D :D

Knock

Postby Knock » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:47 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:Haven't posted on here in a long time (got too hooked on this site haha) but I just got in today. I'm hoping they didn't make a mistake but I'm shocked. PM for numbers if you'd like. Congrats to everyone else, and good luck to people still waiting :)

Let me be the first to congratulate you! :)

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Knock wrote:

Let me be the first to congratulate you! :)

You are always late... :P

BTW congrats!!!

IndyHCKM

Postby IndyHCKM » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Well, to add to the excitement, in addition to all of these e-mailed acceptances, I just received a vomit colored envelope in the mail today. The funny thing is, it was postmarked on the 3rd of February! Take what you will from that. I'm in Utah. Who knows what took it so long, but perhaps others will be receiving long delayed letters soon. Or maybe my mail man just lost the letter behind the driver's seat. I suppose I'll never know.

For the record, as compared to the 2013 entering class, my LSAT is at their median and my GPA is above their 75th percentile. I received a transcript request on the 11th of January.

lakerfanimal

Postby lakerfanimal » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks law monkey, Knock, and philly! Y'all are awesome (even without the congratulations :) ). And I remember seeing that all admit envelopes are vomit (?) colored? Mine was white, so don't freak out if you get a white one, just open it before reacting..

Also- I just got the admitted students binder too. Did anyone in this position call them or email them? I'll probably call them tomorrow when they are open, but it'd be cool to find out sooner. Thanks!
Last edited by lakerfanimal on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:51 pm

I just said this in the forgotten thread, but congrats again Indy.

Argh, more people keep hearing back, and there are fewer and fewer people left standing. I have this terrible fear that all the other forgottens are going to get accepted this week, and I'm going to be left all by myself...only to get my ding letter next week! CLS is literally driving me insane.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:58 pm

law_monkey wrote:I just said this in the forgotten thread, but congrats again Indy.

Argh, more people keep hearing back, and there are fewer and fewer people left standing. I have this terrible fear that all the other forgottens are going to get accepted this week, and I'm going to be left all by myself...only to get my ding letter next week! CLS is literally driving me insane.

If you don't get in you can always be on reserve with me. I will be your friend if you end up there. Hope you get in though.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:00 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:I just said this in the forgotten thread, but congrats again Indy.

If you don't get in you can always be on reserve with me. I will be your friend if you end up there. Hope you get in though.

At this point I feel like I have to be admit/ding. I think I would've heard by now if I'm in the middle. Obviously I don't know this; it's just what I think. :)

bistduverrueckt

Postby bistduverrueckt » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:09 pm

This is exactly how I feel :(

IndyHCKM

Postby IndyHCKM » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks again Law_monkey. I wish you the best!

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:36 pm

Some of us are still here, good and forgotten.

When were the complete dates for the people who got decisions today? I'd guess that a lot were from the December group...

lakerfanimal

Postby lakerfanimal » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:40 pm

I submitted in October but only went complete 1/25 (my school transcript didn't have my degree conferment date originally..). But I was one of those who only got the admitted student binder and no first letter. I emailed them so I'll let y'all know tomorrow if it was a mistake and I got it by accident or whatever. Hope that helps.

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:46 pm

IndyHCKM wrote:Well, to add to the excitement, in addition to all of these e-mailed acceptances, I just received a vomit colored envelope in the mail today. The funny thing is, it was postmarked on the 3rd of February! Take what you will from that. I'm in Utah. Who knows what took it so long, but perhaps others will be receiving long delayed letters soon. Or maybe my mail man just lost the letter behind the driver's seat. I suppose I'll never know.

For the record, as compared to the 2013 entering class, my LSAT is at their median and my GPA is above their 75th percentile. I received a transcript request on the 11th of January.

congrats!! so glad they're moving in on the forgotten!

IndyHCKM

Postby IndyHCKM » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:57 pm

incompetentia wrote:When were the complete dates for the people who got decisions today? I'd guess that a lot were from the December group...

My application was listed complete on the 29th of November. I originally submitted all materials on the 2nd of November.

IndyHCKM

Postby IndyHCKM » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:58 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
IndyHCKM wrote:Well, to add to the excitement, in addition to all of these e-mailed acceptances, I just received a vomit colored envelope in the mail today. The funny thing is, it was postmarked on the 3rd of February! Take what you will from that. I'm in Utah. Who knows what took it so long, but perhaps others will be receiving long delayed letters soon. Or maybe my mail man just lost the letter behind the driver's seat. I suppose I'll never know.

congrats!! so glad they're moving in on the forgotten!

Thanks Sarahlawg!

chrissyc

Postby chrissyc » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:34 pm

i'm complete but not UR. hopefully it gets sped up. I hate the wait. in at NYU, Duke, Harvard, and Berkeley. Waiting on a full ride somewhere, anywhere.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:55 pm

chrissyc wrote:i'm complete but not UR. hopefully it gets sped up. I hate the wait. in at NYU, Duke, Harvard, and Berkeley. Waiting on a full ride somewhere, anywhere.

You don't go UR at CLS. The last update is only to complete, so you never know when/how many times they actually look at your file.

BlakcMajikc

Postby BlakcMajikc » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:22 am

law_monkey wrote:
chrissyc wrote:i'm complete but not UR. hopefully it gets sped up. I hate the wait. in at NYU, Duke, Harvard, and Berkeley. Waiting on a full ride somewhere, anywhere.

You don't go UR at CLS. The last update is only to complete, so you never know when/how many times they actually look at your file.

So you just wait for a letter at some point after complete right?

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:24 am

BlakcMajikc wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

So you just wait for a letter at some point after complete right?

Yep. You can start expecting something right around 4 or 5 months after going complete.

adt231

Postby adt231 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:15 am

got home late and found two big envelopes in the mail from Columbia!!!! Very excited!! Didn't become complete until 1/19 so I'm also very surprised to hear back so soon.

vertex

Postby vertex » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:39 am

Congrats! I told you guys today would be the big day!!

mel2010

Postby mel2010 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:40 am

vertex wrote:Congrats! I told you guys today would be the big day!!

I didn't get anything. What should I do with my hats for the rest of the week?

vertex

Postby vertex » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:53 am

mel2010 wrote:
vertex wrote:Congrats! I told you guys today would be the big day!!

I didn't get anything. What should I do with my hats for the rest of the week?

Retake

mel2010

Postby mel2010 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:56 am

See if I ever try to get a little encouragement again. Now I'm going to go to bed and have nightmares about PC load letters preventing my decision letter from printing.

vertex

Postby vertex » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:00 am

mel2010 wrote:See if I ever try to get a little encouragement again. Now I'm going to go to bed and have nightmares about PC load letters preventing my decision letter from printing.

Ha! I like you. You'll get in.

Hold on to your hat.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”