Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Knock

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:02 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:
glitched wrote:you should send them a vomit covered envelope telling them they've been accepted into my list of schools.

I think a hold email would be more appropriate.

TheLastStraw05 wrote:Dear Columbia Law School:

I wish to inform you that, after careful consideration, your school has been placed in my "Hold" category. which means that you are still under active consideration for where I might attend.

To proved a context for your present status, I have applied to a dozen schools, been accepted at nine, and received merit based scholarships at three. This year I will only be selecting one school to attend, and this year's pool of schools is among the largest and most qualified in my history. Therefore, your current standing represents a testament to Columbia Law School's unique strengths and fit.

While I cannot speculate on my final decision, I want you to know that you are among a select group of schools that I continue to consider - and will continue to consider throughout the rest of this application season. While I know that a last minute decision on my behalf might not be convenient for you, I will let you know by sometime in May.

In the interim, should you wish to admit me by March 31st, I will gladly consider that supplemental material in my decision. If during this time you decide that you no longer wish to be considered for my attendance, kindly notify me by contacting me at XXXXXXX@gmail.com.

Thank you again for your patience. I look forward to being in touch as soon as I receive a decision.

Sincerely,

TheLastStraw05

This. Is. FANTASTIC!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is all. I almost wish someone had the guts to send this.

caligulove

Postby caligulove » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:15 pm

law_monkey wrote:
caligulove wrote:rejected... my heart...

I'm sorry. :( I hope the rest of your cycle goes well and you end up somewhere awesome! Also, would you mind telling us what the postmark was?

letter said february 4, I'm up in Canada though. fwiw it was a serious reach for me. looks like I'll be at USD next year barring any miracles at my other reaches.

agora139

Postby agora139 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:21 pm

caligulove wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

I'm sorry. :( I hope the rest of your cycle goes well and you end up somewhere awesome! Also, would you mind telling us what the postmark was?

letter said february 4, I'm up in Canada though. fwiw it was a serious reach for me. looks like I'll be at USD next year barring any miracles at my other reaches.

if it makes you feel better, i LOVE LOVE LOVE your username.

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:20 pm

caligulove wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

So they didn't email you in canada?

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:28 pm

caligulove wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Sorry again. :( For everyone else in the States if a 2/4 letter's already reached Canada it looks like none of you got one unless USPS is still really messed up.

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:44 pm

law_monkey wrote:
caligulove wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Sorry again. :( For everyone else in the States if a 2/4 letter's already reached Canada it looks like none of you got one unless USPS is still really messed up.

Everyday is like dodging a bullet with no CLS correspondence. Nerve racking.

glitched

Postby glitched » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:45 pm

actually i received a package from NYC postmarked 2/3 yesterday. so i'm not safe yet.

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:46 pm

glitched wrote:actually i received a package from NYC postmarked 2/3 yesterday. so i'm not safe yet.

Doesn't mean anything dude. They probably literally haven't sent out your decision yet.

glitched

Postby glitched » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:47 pm

oh no i didn't check my mail yet. lol so i could have something from 2/4 when i check tonight.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:50 pm

glitched wrote:oh no i didn't check my mail yet. lol so i could have something from 2/4 when i check tonight.

True but I doubt it. The CLS has been making it out to Cali pretty quickly. I think we would've got it yesterday at the latest. I already checked my mail - crickets as usual. Actually there was an empty coffee cup in our mailbox. :?

subtle

Postby subtle » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:18 pm

law_monkey wrote:
glitched wrote:oh no i didn't check my mail yet. lol so i could have something from 2/4 when i check tonight.

True but I doubt it. The CLS has been making it out to Cali pretty quickly. I think we would've got it yesterday at the latest. I already checked my mail - crickets as usual. Actually there was an empty coffee cup in our mailbox. :?

I'm sure that they haven't made a decision about me yet as they seem not to know what to do with minorities this cycle, but, I'm sure that when they eventually let me know, I'll find out about a week after the fact. And I'm only in Michigan! My NYU stuff is taking FOREVER to get here.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:51 pm

subtle wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

I'm sure that they haven't made a decision about me yet as they seem not to know what to do with minorities this cycle, but, I'm sure that when they eventually let me know, I'll find out about a week after the fact. And I'm only in Michigan! My NYU stuff is taking FOREVER to get here.

Snail mail is so weird. I'm in Cali but my NYC (actually all my east coast stuff) has been getting here super quickly. I have a feeling that when CLS finally decides on me I'm going to know it within a couple days.

Light

Postby Light » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:53 pm

Got the reserve for Columbia yesterday. Bah.

7ED

Postby 7ED » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:26 am

By the end of this cycle this thread is gonna be at 400-500 pages..

glitched

Postby glitched » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:34 am

7ED wrote:By the end of this cycle this thread is gonna be at 400-500 pages..

doubt it. this thread seems like its over. all the holds/WL and even the forgotten each have their own threads. no one posts here anymore.

vertex

Postby vertex » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:48 am

glitched wrote:

doubt it. this thread seems like its over. all the holds/WL and even the forgotten each have their own threads. no one posts here anymore.

No way. This thread has been my home for 6 months and I will not let it die that easily!

dot

Postby dot » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:41 am

After 2/7 email, I got my vomit-colored materials in Europe today. 2/7 postmark, feel lucky that I got it sooner than I would have had it been shipped to my permanent address in the Midwest due to mail issues!

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:51 am

vertex wrote:
glitched wrote:

No way. This thread has been my home for 6 months and I will not let it die that easily!

Today's the day?

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:00 am

bdubs wrote:
vertex wrote:
glitched wrote:

Today's the day?

Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you gotta do.

jrose5

Postby jrose5 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:03 am

I kind of like the fact that the status checker for Columbia never shows anything beyond "Complete." I am getting status checker fatigue for my other schools... :?

timmna

Postby timmna » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:06 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:

I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about CLS now.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:10 am

timmna wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:

+1

I said maybe CLS is gonna be the one that saves me?

dianaw

Postby dianaw » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:21 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:
timmna wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:

+1

Backbeat, the word is on the street that VCEs are out

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:25 am

dianaw wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:
timmna wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:

+1

Backbeat, the word is on the street that VCEs are out

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hzrDeceEKc

This "conversation" is taking me way back. To elementary school.

bendurnotes4me

Postby bendurnotes4me » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:59 am

If we want to apply for financial aid at Columbia before we're admitted just in case - is it just the fafsa we have to fill out or is there a separate application at Columbia? I'm so confused by all this!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”