Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
law_monkey

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:57 pm

bdubs wrote:
champsound wrote:
bendurnotes4me wrote:
vertex wrote:Today's the big day, everyone! Hold on to your hats!

grumble grumble grumble

I feel like someone says something like that more or less every day I've been following this thread.

Yes, vertex

It's tradition. It's what gives us all our little glimmer of hope everyday.

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:35 pm

If I don't hear something soon I'm going to go nuts.

NikaneOkie

Postby NikaneOkie » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:43 pm

CastleRock wrote:If I don't hear something soon I'm going to go nuts.

+1

texaskk

Postby texaskk » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:00 pm

NikaneOkie wrote:

+1

+2, I think that part has already happened. Seriously considering just withdrawing my application so I don't have to wait anymore.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:15 pm

I'd withdraw mine, but isn't there potentially more financial aid forthcoming?

Frankie55

Postby Frankie55 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:17 pm

It's been two days since the international acceptance letter--so I guess we can safely presume there wasn't a 2/7 batch to US students also.

7ED

Postby 7ED » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:44 pm

The vomit-watch continues... We should be institutionalized (in both senses of the word I guess XD) and payed for our efforts.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:46 pm

texaskk wrote:
NikaneOkie wrote:

+1

+2, I think that part has already happened. Seriously considering just withdrawing my application so I don't have to wait anymore.

Columbia has until Feb. 28th. As of March 1st I want to have my realistic options before me and focus on the decision.

Postby 5251 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:47 pm

I was one of the forgotten, and just got an acceptance letter via email. I'm international - not in Canada - so I don't know if that helps or hurts the ambient panic on the thread, but thought I'd give people a heads-up that there's at least some movement still happening.

glitched

Postby glitched » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:48 pm

you should send them a vomit covered envelope telling them they've been accepted into my list of schools.

champsound

Postby champsound » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:49 pm

glitched wrote:you should send them a vomit covered envelope telling them they've been accepted into my list of schools.

you should send them vomit with a note that says "please return with envelope"

mel2010

Postby mel2010 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:52 pm

5251 wrote:I was one of the forgotten, and just got an acceptance letter via email. I'm international - not in Canada - so I don't know if that helps or hurts the ambient panic on the thread, but thought I'd give people a heads-up that there's at least some movement still happening.

Congrats! Was the letter itself dated 2/7 or what? Thanks from a still-forgotten.

dot

Postby dot » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:53 pm

vertex wrote:Today's the big day, everyone! Hold on to your hats!

I feel like "big day" announcements should stop using the word "hold". Right? ;)

champsound

Postby champsound » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:54 pm

dot wrote:
vertex wrote:Today's the big day, everyone! Hold Reserve on to your hats!

I feel like "big day" announcements should stop using the word "hold". Right? ;)

Better?

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:58 pm

glitched wrote:you should send them a vomit covered envelope telling them they've been accepted into my list of schools.

I think a hold email would be more appropriate.

TheLastStraw05 wrote:Dear Columbia Law School:

I wish to inform you that, after careful consideration, your school has been placed in my "Hold" category. which means that you are still under active consideration for where I might attend.

To proved a context for your present status, I have applied to a dozen schools, been accepted at nine, and received merit based scholarships at three. This year I will only be selecting one school to attend, and this year's pool of schools is among the largest and most qualified in my history. Therefore, your current standing represents a testament to Columbia Law School's unique strengths and fit.

While I cannot speculate on my final decision, I want you to know that you are among a select group of schools that I continue to consider - and will continue to consider throughout the rest of this application season. While I know that a last minute decision on my behalf might not be convenient for you, I will let you know by sometime in May.

In the interim, should you wish to admit me by March 31st, I will gladly consider that supplemental material in my decision. If during this time you decide that you no longer wish to be considered for my attendance, kindly notify me by contacting me at XXXXXXX@gmail.com.

Thank you again for your patience. I look forward to being in touch as soon as I receive a decision.

Sincerely,

TheLastStraw05

Postby 5251 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:05 pm

mel2010 wrote:
5251 wrote:I was one of the forgotten, and just got an acceptance letter via email. I'm international - not in Canada - so I don't know if that helps or hurts the ambient panic on the thread, but thought I'd give people a heads-up that there's at least some movement still happening.

Congrats! Was the letter itself dated 2/7 or what? Thanks from a still-forgotten.

It was dated from today, but it was emailed, so who even knows anymore.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:20 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:

I wish to inform you that, after careful consideration, your school has been placed in my "Hold" category. which means that you are still under active consideration for where I might attend.

To proved a context for your present status, I have applied to a dozen schools, been accepted at nine, and received merit based scholarships at three. This year I will only be selecting one school to attend, and this year's pool of schools is among the largest and most qualified in my history. Therefore, your current standing represents a testament to Columbia Law School's unique strengths and fit.

While I cannot speculate on my final decision, I want you to know that you are among a select group of schools that I continue to consider - and will continue to consider throughout the rest of this application season. While I know that a last minute decision on my behalf might not be convenient for you, I will let you know by sometime in May.

In the interim, should you wish to admit me by March 31st, I will gladly consider that supplemental material in my decision. If during this time you decide that you no longer wish to be considered for my attendance, kindly notify me by contacting me at XXXXXXX@gmail.com.

Thank you again for your patience. I look forward to being in touch as soon as I receive a decision.

Sincerely,

TheLastStraw05

This. Is. FANTASTIC!

caligulove

Postby caligulove » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:21 pm

rejected... my heart...

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:22 pm

law_monkey wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:

Sincerely,

TheLastStraw05

This. Is. FANTASTIC!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is all. I almost wish someone had the guts to send this.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:25 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:

Someone called?

ETA: I don't think they'd get the humor.
Last edited by r6_philly on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:27 pm

r6_philly wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:

Someone called?

Let me know how it goes for you. Maybe they will appreciate high quality satire.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:29 pm

caligulove wrote:rejected... my heart...

I'm sorry. :( I hope the rest of your cycle goes well and you end up somewhere awesome! Also, would you mind telling us what the postmark was?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:30 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:

Someone called?

Let me know how it goes for you. Maybe they will appreciate high quality satire.

Tooting your own horn a bit aren't you ;)

TurtlesAllTheWayDown

Postby TurtlesAllTheWayDown » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:30 pm

5251 wrote:ambient panic

Easily the best phrase of the week. Your words are good.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:31 pm

r6_philly wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:

Someone called?

Tooting your own horn a bit aren't you ;)

Naw, I figure honesty is better than false modesty.

Edit: To be clear that was meant with a :wink: :mrgreen:. I do not take myself that seriously. I'm sure someone with a better eye for comedy could have written a much wittier original email.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”