Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thelaststraw05

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thelaststraw05 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:14 pm

texaskk wrote:Still forgotten, complete since early October... That's going on 4 months that they've had my application, what are they DOING with that thing?!

Don't ask.

markdyoung

Postby markdyoung » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:16 pm

daisyduke wrote:
markdyoung wrote:
Frankie55 wrote:Complete dates for the new holds? Were you Forgotten for a long time before this?

Don't remember complete date. Submitted in September. Forgotten until they remembered that I like to wait for things, then they remembered to make me wait some more. Do people really get accepted from this "hold" thing? Or should I just chalk this up as a loss?

Holds are new so not sure what the chances are but I would guess pretty good based on who is held.

I'm willing to listen to that. You seem trustworthy, knowledgeable, and you encourage my fantasy of acceptance.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:17 pm

texaskk wrote:Still forgotten, complete since early October... That's going on 4 months that they've had my application, what are they DOING with that thing?!

They're trying to decipher if they need to YP you, because you might still go to... any other school if they accept you.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:18 pm

No hold for me. My index is pretty decent but still dingparanoid.

At this point, if they're holding people, and we have evidence of a 2/3 postmark AND a 2/7 decision, I'd guess that the rest of the forgottens are going to hear this week.

For the record, I went complete 11/2 (had to wait for Oct LSAT).

Frankie55

Postby Frankie55 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:19 pm

ahduth wrote:

They're trying to decipher if they need to YP you, because you might still go to... any other school if they accept you.

How sweet would it be if that were actually the reason. Haha.

Frankie55

Postby Frankie55 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:20 pm

incompetentia wrote:No hold for me. My index is pretty decent but still dingparanoid.

At this point, if they're holding people, and we have evidence of a 2/3 postmark AND a 2/7 decision, I'd guess that the rest of the forgottens are going to hear this week.

So far the only 2/7 decision was the e-mail to the international applicant, right? I don't know if we can count on that meaning regular mailings as well.

markdyoung

Postby markdyoung » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:21 pm

Frankie55 wrote:
markdyoung wrote:
Frankie55 wrote:Complete dates for the new holds? Were you Forgotten for a long time before this?

Don't remember complete date. Submitted in September. Forgotten until they remembered that I like to wait for things, then they remembered to make me wait some more. Do people really get accepted from this "hold" thing? Or should I just chalk this up as a loss?

Yeah, I submitted early as well, but still forgotten.

Stay strong, brother. Another day forgotten is another day alive.

glitched

Postby glitched » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:21 pm

markdyoung wrote:
daisyduke wrote:Holds are new so not sure what the chances are but I would guess pretty good based on who is held.

I'm willing to listen to that. You seem trustworthy, knowledgeable, and you encourage my fantasy of acceptance.

I don't think holds are new this year. Someone said earlier they were held last year and held again this year.

alphamoose

Postby alphamoose » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:24 pm

markdyoung wrote: Another day forgotten is another day alive.

:D I say this too. +1 for optimism.

markdyoung

Postby markdyoung » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:27 pm

glitched wrote:
markdyoung wrote:
daisyduke wrote:Holds are new so not sure what the chances are but I would guess pretty good based on who is held.

I don't think holds are new this year. Someone said earlier they were held last year and held again this year.

I'm still listening to daisy. But, now it's because she seems trustworthy, slightly less knowledgeable, and she encourages my fantasy of acceptance. Though I still believe she is very knowledgeable, overall.

texaskk

Postby texaskk » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:37 pm

Frankie55 wrote:
ahduth wrote:

How sweet would it be if that were actually the reason. Haha.

Ah yes that must be it... Since I'm such a threat with my 170 (NOT) :wink:

CosmoLaw

Postby CosmoLaw » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:40 pm

dulcatis wrote:Held by e-mail a little bit ago. Ohhh, CLS.

There is no justice in this world

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:43 pm

incompetentia wrote:No hold for me. My index is pretty decent but still dingparanoid.

I hope so!!! I at least hope to hear by the end of February so I know whether or not I need to buy plane tickets. Otherwise I might just have to withdraw anyway. I really want to have an idea of where I'm committing by the end of March. :(

Postby 4102011 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:51 pm

law_monkey wrote:

I hope so!!! I at least hope to hear by the end of February so I know whether or not I need to buy plane tickets. Otherwise I might just have to withdraw anyway. I really want to have an idea of where I'm committing by the end of March. :(

This made me think, and scarily I will have all the info I need to decide where I'm going by the end of March :shock:

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Hold here. Got the email this morning. Applied sometime in September. I'm at work so I can't look up exactly when. Honestly, I'm happy for even a hold from CLS.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:13 pm

dulcatis wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

This made me think, and scarily I will have all the info I need to decide where I'm going by the end of March :shock:

I'm relieved by that idea. It's kind of scary, but I really want to start getting behind my new city and start preparing for the move. Plus it'll be nice to be able to tell people that I'm going to XYZ when they ask. It's kind of a mouthful right now to say I'm deciding between these schools, but I don't know for sure since I'm still waiting for Columbia and Harvard.

artichoke wrote:Hold here. Got the email this morning. Applied sometime in September. I'm at work so I can't look up exactly when. Honestly, I'm happy for even a hold from CLS.

Just out of curiosity, all the holds today were September submits right? Maybe that means the Octobers will get something today or tomorrow.

Postby 4102011 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:14 pm

I'm October (sent 10/06, complete 10/19)

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:14 pm

dulcatis wrote:I'm October (sent 10/06, complete 10/19)

Whoa. We have like the exact same dates then. Didn't know that.

7ED

Postby 7ED » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:13 pm

Okay, so my financial aid e-mail has garnered a response. Basically, one sentence: "you are welcome to apply for financial aid before admittance, please check *link* for more information." The link being the financial aid website. >.<

On another note... I AM STILL FORGOTTEN!

Are all the Canadians still standing?

melamine

Postby melamine » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:46 pm

another day, no mail. Just Giant Eagle and credit card envelopes. *sigh*. haha.

ppch

Postby ppch » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Waitlist by email, yay.

CM612

Postby CM612 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:49 pm

ppch wrote:Waitlist by email, yay.

+1 I'm so shocked it wasn't a ding that I'm kind of really pleased.

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:51 pm

law_monkey wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

I'm relieved by that idea. It's kind of scary, but I really want to start getting behind my new city and start preparing for the move. Plus it'll be nice to be able to tell people that I'm going to XYZ when they ask. It's kind of a mouthful right now to say I'm deciding between these schools, but I don't know for sure since I'm still waiting for Columbia and Harvard.

artichoke wrote:Hold here. Got the email this morning. Applied sometime in September. I'm at work so I can't look up exactly when. Honestly, I'm happy for even a hold from CLS.

Just out of curiosity, all the holds today were September submits right? Maybe that means the Octobers will get something today or tomorrow.

I was complete 10/14 and held in the initial massacre.

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:53 pm

Sorry =/ Did u just get the email?

bruinkid8

Postby bruinkid8 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:54 pm

CM612 wrote:

+1 I'm so shocked it wasn't a ding that I'm kind of really pleased.

Just got put in the "reserve" category by e-mail. is this the same as the waitlist?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”