Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
subtle

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby subtle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:45 pm

dulcatis wrote:
easternstandardtime1 wrote:Are there any "forgotten" who went complete before christmas and have yet to receive a VCE/rejection envelope and should have done so according to normal mailing patterns? (for the 2/2 batch)

Meeeee! I think.

Me also.

jdstl

Postby jdstl » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:45 pm

dot wrote:
bendurnotes4me wrote:
dot wrote:Just got an email from CLS Admissions and I nearly died.

But turns out, it was maybe my only app on which I listed my address abroad, apparently. So since they're sending the packet internationally, they also emailed me a copy of my acceptance letter. Whew.

It's just a one page PDF and says nothing about scholarships - did that info come by any chance on a separate page? Or can I kiss my dreams of a Hamilton bye-bye?

Sent 1/6
Complete 1/19
Decision Letter dated 2/7

Congratulations!!
What time was it sent? What are your stats?? I'm also abroad and I went complete mid Jan :-(

FYI, the scholarship is given on the same page as the acceptance. Though they may do it differently for intl. applicants.
I just got it.

4.6+ index
>75th LSAT
>75th GPA

GinaTheresa

Postby GinaTheresa » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:46 pm

subtle wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
easternstandardtime1 wrote:Are there any "forgotten" who went complete before christmas and have yet to receive a VCE/rejection envelope and should have done so according to normal mailing patterns? (for the 2/2 batch)

Meeeee! I think.

Me also.

+1 - haven't heard anything, but I can't make much sense of these waves of decisions. Strongly suspect my rejection letter has been lost in the mail.

easternstandardtime1

Postby easternstandardtime1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:48 pm

Meeeee! I think.[/quote]

It kind of seems like there might be an unofficial 'hold' going on. However, there are some outliers on LSN who are pre-december completes and who are outright admitted in late feb/march. Maybe that is us this year?

subtle

Postby subtle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:48 pm

GinaTheresa wrote:
subtle wrote:
dulcatis wrote:

Meeeee! I think.

Me also.

+1 - haven't heard anything, but I can't make much sense of these waves of decisions. Strongly suspect my rejection letter has been lost in the mail.

I just don't know what to think at all. LSP has been crap for my cycle. LSN doesn't seem to have enough numbers. And their "status checker" gives me nothing. *sigh*

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:49 pm

champsound wrote:These more recent waves of decisions is taking me off of the "Oh, I don't have a decision because I applied late" feeling to the "Oh, I don't have a decision because I fail at life" feeling.

I would recommend sticking with that idea. While there are some forgotten people who applied way earlier, the fact that you applied late and haven't heard anything yet probably implies that you missed this round of acceptances/holds/reserves/rejections (especially with your numbers I doubt a rejection letter is coming your way). I imagine that from here on out there will probably be a trickle of acceptances, but I imagine that the reserves/rejections will probably come in larger waves. I feel as though at this point they probably won't be holding any more people. I could be wrong, but it's better to keep hope alive than nothing. If it helps, aside from dot who went complete on 1/19, I haven't seen anyone receive word who went complete later than 1/18 when I did.

dot

Postby dot » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:01 pm

jdstl wrote:
dot wrote:
bendurnotes4me wrote:
dot wrote:Just got an email from CLS Admissions and I nearly died.

But turns out, it was maybe my only app on which I listed my address abroad, apparently. So since they're sending the packet internationally, they also emailed me a copy of my acceptance letter. Whew.

It's just a one page PDF and says nothing about scholarships - did that info come by any chance on a separate page? Or can I kiss my dreams of a Hamilton bye-bye?

Sent 1/6
Complete 1/19
Decision Letter dated 2/7

Congratulations!!
What time was it sent? What are your stats?? I'm also abroad and I went complete mid Jan :-(

I just got it.

4.6+ index
>75th LSAT
>75th GPA

FYI, the scholarship is given on the same page as the acceptance. Though they may do it differently for intl. applicants.

poop

subtle

Postby subtle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Looking on LSN in past years there are relatively few people with similar numbers who applied. It seems like those who were rejected were also rejected from schools I've already gotten into and those who were accepted were accepted to the schools I've been accepted to. Thoughts?

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:02 pm

dulcatis wrote:

Meeeee! I think.

I don't know what the 2/2 batch was, I was 1/31. They seem to just be trickling stuff out for whatever reason?

Melo15

Postby Melo15 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:02 pm

VCE in Colorado today. I'm actually guessing that it came on Saturday, but my school doesn't fill mailboxes on the weekend. The letter is dated 2/2.

I don't know the postmark though. In my nervous excitement I threw away the envelope, but when I realized what a betrayal it would be to the TLS kids I went to find it. No luck.

Thanks for all the support guys. Best of luck to everyone!

lucylove

Postby lucylove » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:06 pm

subtle wrote:[Are there any "forgotten" who went complete before christmas and have yet to receive a VCE/rejection envelope and should have done so according to normal mailing patterns? (for the 2/2 batch)

+1 been complete since early november.... guess thats good and bad news???

easternstandardtime1

Postby easternstandardtime1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:09 pm

Melo15 wrote:VCE in Colorado today. I'm actually guessing that it came on Saturday, but my school doesn't fill mailboxes on the weekend. The letter is dated 2/2.

I don't know the postmark though. In my nervous excitement I threw away the envelope, but when I realized what a betrayal it would be to the TLS kids I went to find it. No luck.

Congrats!! When did you go complete?

dot

Postby dot » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Melo15 wrote:VCE in Colorado today. I'm actually guessing that it came on Saturday, but my school doesn't fill mailboxes on the weekend. The letter is dated 2/2.

Congrats! Recycle!

Melo15

Postby Melo15 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:24 pm

dot wrote:

Congrats! Recycle!

I did! It was one of those things with the little paper hole which made it too embarrassing to dig for.

ps. if only Columbia was as green as you half this thread could be eliminated.

edit: Not sure of exact date I went complete. I think around 10/20. Fall grades requested 12/10.

GraniteState

Postby GraniteState » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:57 pm

Last edited by GraniteState on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

glitched

Postby glitched » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:59 pm

GraniteState wrote:This thread is stressful. I feel like I should go watch news coverage of Egypt to calm down.

(too soon?)

be careful with jokes like that man... it might cause a riot.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:01 pm

Just an update on this - I received my Penn package today with postmark 2/5. It was priority mail, but anything from CLS postmarked before then still should have been here by now.

caligulove

Postby caligulove » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:01 pm

if coverage of the deaths of more than 300 people calms you down then go right ahead. I take it human rights law won't be your area of interest? go educate yourself.

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:01 pm

Ok guys, so some interesting news to report on my front.

For those of you who don't know my situation, I am in the forgotten group, my application was submitted in december, and both my numbers are above the 75th percentile. I was just able to confirm that no decision has been rendered on my file. Meaning no VCE or rejection has been mailed to me, no hold or waitlist, just nothing.

I don't know what the fuck to think and I am ready to cry.

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:02 pm

CastleRock wrote:Ok guys, so some interesting news to report on my front.

For those of you who don't know my situation, I am in the forgotten group, my application was submitted in december, and both my numbers are above the 75th percentile. I was just able to confirm that no decision has been rendered on my file. Meaning no VCE or rejection has been mailed to me, no hold or waitlist, just nothing.

Did u call?

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Fresh wrote:

Did u call?

yep

Zabini

Postby Zabini » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:06 pm

I wasn't going to apply to Columbia, but they just sent me a fee waiver so here I go! Just completed the app last night. Wish me luck!

glitched

Postby glitched » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Zabini wrote:I wasn't going to apply to Columbia, but they just sent me a fee waiver so here I go! Just completed the app last night. Wish me luck!

the tension. cut. loll good luck my friend. :)

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:07 pm

CastleRock wrote:
Fresh wrote:
Did u call?

yep

Pretty annoying. Wonder if I'm in the same boat. Wonder what they're waiting for. Wonder why I'm still wondering..

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:07 pm

CastleRock wrote:
Fresh wrote:

Did u call?

yep

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? So that means that some of the forgotten (maybe not all of us, but I'm sure it's not just you) literally don't have decisions yet? I wonder why they didn't just hold you then? :(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”