Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bmore

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bmore » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Another forgotten.

Postby 4102011 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:36 pm

dulcatis wrote:
incompetentia wrote:Any numbers patterns in terms of us forgotten peoples? I'd assume that we're just waiting for VCEs to show up at this point and that we're not a group that's being held even longer, but...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CJjV7YMP

Was the spreadsheet. But some people have gotten news since then and I didn't add them all. If people remember decisions you don't see on there, PM me and I'll add them.

For non-held, non-decision people who haven't yet, here's the form if you want to be added:

--LinkRemoved--

QFnewpage

linda90

Postby linda90 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:39 pm

Do they send out a notification email when the decision is reached?

glitched

Postby glitched » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:49 pm

there was a 2/4 decision. whether it was a rejection/acceptance, i am confident there was a 2/4 mailing. lol it would just make sense to me.

degibogen214

Postby degibogen214 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:59 pm

still forgotten as well...October complete date...

melamine

Postby melamine » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:05 pm

question. if acceptance letters are vomit-coloured, then what colour are rejection letters?

Weirdlog

Postby Weirdlog » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:10 pm

melamine wrote:question. if acceptance letters are vomit-coloured, then what colour are rejection letters?

Is this a riddle?

I thought it was: "What's black and white with vomit all over?"

NikaneOkie

Postby NikaneOkie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:47 pm

champsound wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
NikaneOkie wrote:Checked my mail- got big plastic package with now label other than weird area code- got really excited for CLS!!!- opened to see... .Penn Law package... not even Penn scholly info... not happy.

But I thought you were already set on Stanford.

http://whitewhine.tumblr.com/

I think it's pretty normal to wait to see if another school doesn't require that I go into 200,000 in debt. *shrugs*
If I were white that would have been a real 'oh snap' moment lol funny website though

dot

Postby dot » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:18 pm

Just got an email from CLS Admissions and I nearly died.

But turns out, it was maybe my only app on which I listed my address abroad, apparently. So since they're sending the packet internationally, they also emailed me a copy of my acceptance letter. Whew.

It's just a one page PDF and says nothing about scholarships - did that info come by any chance on a separate page? Or can I kiss my dreams of a Hamilton bye-bye?

Sent 1/6
Complete 1/19
Decision Letter dated 2/7

champsound

Postby champsound » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:20 pm

NikaneOkie wrote:
champsound wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
NikaneOkie wrote:Checked my mail- got big plastic package with now label other than weird area code- got really excited for CLS!!!- opened to see... .Penn Law package... not even Penn scholly info... not happy.

But I thought you were already set on Stanford.

http://whitewhine.tumblr.com/

I think it's pretty normal to wait to see if another school doesn't require that I go into 200,000 in debt. *shrugs*
If I were white that would have been a real 'oh snap' moment lol funny website though

That's fair. I just think about that site sometimes before I am about to post to a thread on TLS.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:28 pm

dot wrote:Just got an email from CLS Admissions and I nearly died.

But turns out, it was maybe my only app on which I listed my address abroad, apparently. So since they're sending the packet internationally, they also emailed me a copy of my acceptance letter. Whew.

It's just a one page PDF and says nothing about scholarships - did that info come by any chance on a separate page? Or can I kiss my dreams of a Hamilton bye-bye?

Sent 1/6
Complete 1/19

Hmmmm I wonder if they're just emailing people abroad today or if there's a 2/7 batch on its way. Here we go with the hope and speculation again.

glitched

Postby glitched » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:32 pm

law_monkey wrote:

Sent 1/6
Complete 1/19

Hmmmm I wonder if they're just emailing people abroad today or if there's a 2/7 batch on its way. Here we go with the hope and speculation again.

All I can do is sigh...

jrose5

Postby jrose5 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:33 pm

law_monkey wrote:

Sent 1/6
Complete 1/19

Argh, these waves of decisions are keeping me on the edge of my seat...

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:37 pm

jrose5 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Sent 1/6
Complete 1/19

Tell me about it. And with the ding letters trickling out I'm both scared of and excited about my mail everyday. Life would be so much easier now if they had just emailed the dings. Then we would know or at least be able to make an educated guess about what's going on. So...who wants to call CLS admissions and find out when early apps who are still waiting are likely to hear? Nose goes! *puts finger on nose*

bendurnotes4me

Postby bendurnotes4me » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Sent 1/6
Complete 1/19

Congratulations!!
What time was it sent? What are your stats?? I'm also abroad and I went complete mid Jan :-(

champsound

Postby champsound » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:38 pm

These more recent waves of decisions is taking me off of the "Oh, I don't have a decision because I applied late" feeling to the "Oh, I don't have a decision because I fail at life" feeling.

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:38 pm

law_monkey wrote:

Sent 1/6
Complete 1/19

Just stop looking. It'll make you feel better when it finally pops up. I have resigned myself to that. My dad sent me something like last week and it arrived today, but it was by priority mail. I can only imagine when Columbia decision would/will arrive.

dot

Postby dot » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:39 pm

jrose5 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Sent 1/6
Complete 1/19

At this point, I really think we can stop thinking of them as "waves" - there have been letters sent out most days since the end of January, it seems. Letters are going out... that's a good thing! you haven't "missed the wave"!

easternstandardtime1

Postby easternstandardtime1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:39 pm

Are there any "forgotten" who went complete before christmas and have yet to receive a VCE/rejection envelope and should have done so according to normal mailing patterns? (for the 2/2 batch)
Last edited by easternstandardtime1 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jrose5

Postby jrose5 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:40 pm

champsound wrote:These more recent waves of decisions is taking me off of the "Oh, I don't have a decision because I applied late" feeling to the "Oh, I don't have a decision because I fail at life" feeling.

HAHA. This so captures how I feel... also an early January submitter.

7ED

Postby 7ED » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:40 pm

Any news from Canadians yet? =/

dot

Postby dot » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:41 pm

bendurnotes4me wrote:

Sent 1/6
Complete 1/19

Congratulations!!
What time was it sent? What are your stats?? I'm also abroad and I went complete mid Jan :-(

I just got it.

4.6+ index
>75th LSAT
>75th GPA

jrose5

Postby jrose5 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:43 pm

dot wrote:
bendurnotes4me wrote:

Sent 1/6
Complete 1/19

Congratulations!!

I just got it.

4.6+ index
>75th LSAT
>75th GPA

I think dot is an auto admit! So I'm not sure this says much for some of us who are not... such as a borderline candidate as myself. Congrats, anyway, dot!

Postby 4102011 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:43 pm

easternstandardtime1 wrote:Are there any "forgotten" who went complete before christmas and have yet to receive a VCE/rejection envelope and should have done so according to normal mailing patterns? (for the 2/2 batch)

Meeeee! I think.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:44 pm

easternstandardtime1 wrote:Are there any "forgotten" who went complete before christmas and have yet to receive a VCE/rejection envelope and should have done so according to normal mailing patterns? (for the 2/2 batch)

Yep. If I had a 2/1 rejection letter it should've come 2/4 or 2/5 at the latest. Someone else in my city got a 2/2 VCE on Saturday. And obviously any VCEs before that would've been here by now. That's why I'm confused because I'm assuming (and yes I know that's bad) that early apps would've been in the first batch of rejections. But then again there hasn't been a huge wave of those here or on LSN. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH ME COLUMBIA?????

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”