Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby shanemahsa » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:49 pm

On a side note... any idea why the "View your posts" and "View new posts" buttons don't work?

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Confused7 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:55 pm

bistduverrueckt wrote:Anybody else applied around 11/10 and still completion pending? I know the general consensus is more than the two week period but I guess I'm just one of those nervous types.


I applied on 11/10 and just became complete today...after I emailed them to ask the timeline/to check in. I wouldn't worry about it, but you can also email them next week. My guess is you'll be complete pretty promptly.

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby shanemahsa » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:23 pm

Kili wrote:A 4.296 was accepted ED last yr.


Doesn't that just get rounded to 4.3?

supahstahxruv
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby supahstahxruv » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:28 pm

cz2209 wrote:Are all these fall grade requests for ED or RD people? Thanks!


i'm RD.

i finally got around to checking past threads and this seems like a pretty standard thing and it was asked from a range of LSAT scores and GPAs... hoping its a good sign regardless because i'd much rather delude myself into thinking that than dwelling on the other possibilities :wink:

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Ragged » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:35 pm

Got a complete email.

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Ghost » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:46 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby shanemahsa » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:01 am

Kili wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:
Kili wrote:A 4.296 was accepted ED last yr.


Doesn't that just get rounded to 4.3?


Yes, but we don't know whether they're looking at LSAC rounded number or a more precise number.

Fair enough.

egyptianprescription
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby egyptianprescription » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:11 am

hiddenfist wrote:
egyptianprescription wrote:Just got a fall grades request as well. 3.99 GPA...


Me too, same GPA. Are you ED?

Does this mean there is no way we hear before fall grades are out?

I'm RD so I wasn't expecting to hear back until late January anyway.

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby obrienfa » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:00 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
obrienfa wrote:I also just got an email for fall grades - 3.7 and a 171 LSAT.

:shock: RD or ED?


RD - I am not upset about it, if anything it will probably help me because my GPA will be bumped up to a 3.8
Last edited by obrienfa on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby obrienfa » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:01 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
obrienfa wrote:I also just got an email for fall grades - 3.7 and a 171 LSAT.

:shock: RD or ED?


According to obrienfa's LSN profile she is not ED to CLS.

We are numbers twins.

OBrienfa...

You have made my weekend. TY.

Of course maybe she just didn't mention ED on LSN. But Actually that would still be pretty exciting.

PS: sorry for stalking you on LSN, I realize that's minorly creepy.


She said in the Berkeley thread that she didn't ED anywhere.


Philly is right, I didn't ED anywhere.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby arism87 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Every time i read one of these posts I feel somewhat left out for not getting a grade request-- then I realize, oh yeah, I'm not even IN school anymore. Guh. Someone needs to chiiilll.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:21 pm

I hope they don't ask me for a grade update. It won't make a big difference, but...damn freshman level intro courses!

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Dany » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:26 pm

dulcatis wrote:I hope they don't ask me for a grade update. It won't will make a big difference, but and...damn freshman level intro courses! senioritis.

FTFM

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:35 pm

eskimo wrote:
dulcatis wrote:I hope they don't ask me for a grade update. It won't will make a big difference, but and...damn freshman level intro courses! senioritis.

FTFM


<3 twin

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Do they ever request graduate level fall grades?

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby acrossthelake » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:51 pm

eskimo wrote:
dulcatis wrote:I hope they don't ask me for a grade update. It won't will make a big difference, but and...damn freshman level intro courses! senioritis.

FTFM

Curry

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Curry » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:08 pm

I have an index (right now at least) of a 4.285. Is it worth throwing the ED app Columbias direction next cycle? That number might raise over the course of this year but i don't see it going any higher than a 4.34 if everything goes absolutely according to plan.

Thanks!

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby arism87 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:13 pm

curryinaninstant wrote:I have an index (right now at least) of a 4.285. Is it worth throwing the ED app Columbias direction next cycle? That number might raise over the course of this year but i don't see it going any higher than a 4.34 if everything goes absolutely according to plan.

Thanks!


In a word: yes!

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Ghost » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:14 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Curry

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Curry » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:25 pm

Kili wrote:
curryinaninstant wrote:I have an index (right now at least) of a 4.285. Is it worth throwing the ED app Columbias direction next cycle? That number might raise over the course of this year but i don't see it going any higher than a 4.34 if everything goes absolutely according to plan.

Thanks!


Depends on your goals and whether or not you want Columbia more than any others. If you're planning on doing ED you also need to consider that you will not be able to compare scholarships. The ED might be a little more effective elsewhere, though, as Columbia seems to have a cutoff at about the 4.3. It might be more prudent to ask this question again once you update your index.

Edit: Nevermind, just looked at your profile, you actually might be good on an ED app.


I'm actually indifferent between NYU and Columbia although there is serious pressure from home that is making me lean to Columbia. I would rather get into CCN and pay sticker than way scholly options anywhere else, which is why I'm fine with an ED to one of the three schools, but the 4.3 index cuttoff scares me.

TLSNYC
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby TLSNYC » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:28 pm

If you keep your GPA above 3.61 (25th %), you should be fine. CLS is pretty LSAT heavy. In any case, an ED might not even be necessary: http://columbia.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... ,5&type=jd

CLS seems to like your #s combo.

Curry

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Curry » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:33 pm

TLSNYC wrote:If you keep your GPA above 3.61 (25th %), you should be fine. CLS is pretty LSAT heavy. In any case, an ED might not even be necessary: http://columbia.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... ,5&type=jd

CLS seems to like your #s combo.


I'm working on that now. I have a 3.56, but this quarter that should jump to 3.6+. I have 2 more quarters. I'm also graduating a year early and looking for a job. Hopefully a years work experience helps me out.

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bistduverrueckt » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:37 pm

So when CLS asks for fall grades does that mean the grades are supposed to be re-submitted through LSAC? Or should they get sent straight from the undergrad institution?

archie&veronica
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby archie&veronica » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:52 pm

bistduverrueckt wrote:So when CLS asks for fall grades does that mean the grades are supposed to be re-submitted through LSAC? Or should they get sent straight from the undergrad institution?


From my email: "As soon as possible, please send us a report of your fall term grades by email, while at once requesting from your registrar that an official transcript be sent directly to Columbia Law School."

I took that to mean we send grades to CLS, not through LSAC.

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby obrienfa » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:54 pm

archie&veronica wrote:
bistduverrueckt wrote:So when CLS asks for fall grades does that mean the grades are supposed to be re-submitted through LSAC? Or should they get sent straight from the undergrad institution?


From my email: "As soon as possible, please send us a report of your fall term grades by email, while at once requesting from your registrar that an official transcript be sent directly to Columbia Law School."

I took that to mean we send grades to CLS, not through LSAC.


I was going to send it directly to CLS as well.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CaptKangaroo, curry1, curry4bfast, JosefK, laqueredup, premalone, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests