Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GinaTheresa

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby GinaTheresa » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:57 pm

ahduth wrote:
easternstandardtime1 wrote:Congrats ahduth!

Location?

Chicago.

CONGRATS!!!!! Good to know Chicago's getting mail again. Now I'm really dreading my mailbox (and might leave work early to rush home to check it.)

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:26 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
ahduth wrote:

Location?

Chicago.

Congratulations. I keep picturing you as Clive Owen. maybe we should grab a drink owen, lol

lol, if you look like Angelina Jolie, you can do better than me.

champsound

Postby champsound » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Recap of Columbia 2011! February 4, 2011:

1) Some more VCE postmarked 1/31, including Chicago/midwest (despite snow).
2) Some more holds as well via email, last year's hold situation looks grim.
3) Thread basically came to a screeching halt and everyone stopped posting stuff.
4) ahduth looks like Clive Owen apparently, hence the deserved VCE.
Last edited by champsound on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glitched

Postby glitched » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:56 pm

champsound wrote:Recap of Columbia 2011! February 4, 2011:

3) Thread basically came to a screeching halt and everyone stopped posting stuff.

I think 2 didn't happen.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:02 pm

ahduth wrote:Well, the mailman came. 1/31 postmark VCE, I submitted over Thanksgiving, went complete like, mid-December.

I'm the 173/3.76/4.375 index on the forgotten sheet.

Awesome. Congrats :)

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:06 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:Got a call from home "Congratulations....Georgetown!" Almost had a heart attack. Dad had forgotten I got into GULC in october. The GULC packet has arrived. He said it was post marked from like 3 weeks ago. I wonder what held it up that long.

Yeah, but this is the columbia thread

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:07 pm

masterthearts wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:Got a call from home "Congratulations....Georgetown!" Almost had a heart attack. Dad had forgotten I got into GULC in october. The GULC packet has arrived. He said it was post marked from like 3 weeks ago. I wonder what held it up that long.

lolwut?

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:07 pm

champsound wrote:Recap of Columbia 2011! February 4, 2011:

These continue to be awesome. Thanks.
masterthearts wrote:

:roll: :(

jd2014! wrote:There was one tortured soul who stuck around till the bitter end- applied early, 180/3.8. Thought she was in the running for a Butler or a Hamilton (apparently her numbers twin got $$$ at CLS). She was held in Feb, reserved at the end of April. Burn. She took the cash at NYU.

To give a ray of hope to us middling-numbers folks, one girl was pulled out of hold and accepted on April 12 with a 3.76/171. I choose to focus on this exception rather than the rule (which is waiting till the end of April to join Reserve).

Rargh, hope rises again despite itself.

mel2010

Postby mel2010 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:22 pm

ahduth wrote:Well, the mailman came. 1/31 postmark VCE, I submitted over Thanksgiving, went complete like, mid-December.

I'm the 173/3.76/4.375 index on the forgotten sheet.

Nice, congrats! I have same LSAT, marginally lower GPA, and submitted/complete same time as you, so it's good to hear. Although anything postmarked 1/31 should have been here a while ago, since I'm not in a place where traffic is literally frozen...

CosmoLaw

Postby CosmoLaw » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:24 pm

ahduth wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
ahduth wrote:

Location?

Chicago.

Congratulations. I keep picturing you as Clive Owen. maybe we should grab a drink owen, lol

Nah I'm not quite so hot. But it's amazing how these tars come alive despite knowing beyond a doubt that this is not what people look like. But ahhh how we form these associations despite knowing better. lol.

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:25 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
ahduth wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
ahduth wrote:
Chicago.

Nah I'm not quite so hot. But it's amazing how these tars come alive despite knowing beyond a doubt that this is not what people look like. But ahhh how we form these associations despite knowing better. lol.

I actually look like a super fluffy cat.

jtemp320

Postby jtemp320 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:27 pm

[/quote] I actually look like a super fluffy cat.[/quote]

I actually am Ron Artest - and I always carry a wheaties box with my picture on it

sarahh

Postby sarahh » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:28 pm

Knock wrote:I actually look like a super fluffy cat.

Having a cat tar is sooo lame.

CosmoLaw

Postby CosmoLaw » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:31 pm

Knock wrote:I actually look like a super fluffy cat.

Then I'm sure you must be super cute. Perhaps a drink once we're both accepted into Stanford? And since you look like a cat, I'm sure you won't be too disappointed when I don't turn out to be a jolie doppelganger. lol

glitched

Postby glitched » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:36 pm

jtemp320 wrote:I actually am Ron Artest - and I always carry a wheaties box with my picture on it

Ron artest interview post championship was one of the greatest things to ever be on live tv. lol I still laugh thinking about it.

GraniteState

Postby GraniteState » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:39 pm

masterthearts wrote:Yeah, but this is the columbia thread

Don't be that guy.

melamine

Postby melamine » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:56 pm

GraniteState wrote:

Don't be that guy.

as obnoxious as the comment might be... there's a reason they put up the new stickied post at the top of the board today... and a reason why the Columbia thread is ridiculously longer than any other thread (including Columbia's thread last year).

btw - i think it was overlooked (case in point) that someone claimed a VCE with a postmark of 2/2. some rejection letters were claimed with a postmark of 2/1. and - the latest (i think) completion date reported so far has been 1/18.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:57 pm

melamine wrote:
GraniteState wrote:

Don't be that guy.

as obnoxious as the comment might be... there's a reason they put up the new stickied post at the top of the board today... and a reason why the Columbia thread is ridiculously longer than any other thread (including Columbia's thread last year).

btw - i think it was overlooked (case in point) that someone claimed a VCE with a postmark of 2/2. some rejection letters were claimed with a postmark of 2/1. and - the latest (i think) completion date reported so far has been 1/18.

Convinced you are masterthearts alt now...

Weirdlog

Postby Weirdlog » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:57 pm

glitched wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:I actually am Ron Artest - and I always carry a wheaties box with my picture on it

Ron artest interview post championship was one of the greatest things to ever be on live tv. lol I still laugh thinking about it.

Ugh, Ron Artest hit that stupid buzzer beater against the Suns in Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals--I thought for sure that game was going into OT.

Good thing the Suns are good THIS year--oh wait...

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:58 pm

*Walks in* *Sees cat avatars* *Leaves*

eskimogirl

Postby eskimogirl » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:59 pm

haven't gotten anything yet in pa...though i'm not expecting any good news, especially since i withdrew from ed...

ukgrad

Postby ukgrad » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:02 pm

Applied in mid December, hold email Feb 2nd. My stats really aren't up to par so I'm amazed I wasn't flat out rejected. I have an interesting story though (recovering addict) so I'm sure that is a big part as other schools have made a point to let me know that was a deciding factor for them. I'll send in my fall transcript this week and see what happens :)

jtemp320

Postby jtemp320 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Weirdlog wrote:
glitched wrote:

Ugh, Ron Artest hit that stupid buzzer beater against the Suns in Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals--I thought for sure that game was going into OT.

Good thing the Suns are good THIS year--oh wait...

Yeah tough break being a suns fans the last few years...but hey look on the bright side if you get into CLS you can still root for Amare (go Knicks!)! :lol:

Ron Ron makes me pull my hair out - LO is my favorite Laker but that press conference was gold

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:05 pm

melamine wrote:
GraniteState wrote:

Don't be that guy.

The point was that the GULC packet and the first VCE wave came at the same time. It was being used as measuring when one could expect the VCE.

So it actually isn't off topic.

melamine

Postby melamine » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:28 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
The point was that the GULC packet and the first VCE wave came at the same time. It was being used as measuring when one could expect the VCE.

So it actually isn't off topic.

oh no i agree - your post was actually on topic. but the spirit of masterthearts' comment is appreciated by a lot of people (as obnoxious and technically wrong as it was). when (as i just illustrated) attempted summaries of the day's thread activity overlook information relevant to non-mass-posters b/c the thread has become a chatroom, the helpfulness of the thread decreases. not trying to be combative - (so bdub, let's try to not have a flame war that wastes a bunch of people's time, okay? ). i'm sure a lot of people are actually interested in the fact that someone claimed a 2/2 postmark for VCE, and that there's been no evidence that NOT receiving a hold is an indication of anything for people with completion dates 1/19 and after.

again, not trying to be combative - just suggesting, in the most minimal way possible, a little discipline w/r/t getting information out to people.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”