Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
bkhopeful
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bkhopeful » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:15 am

thanks y'all, and good luck!

User avatar
thunderflesh
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thunderflesh » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:32 am

dulcatis wrote:
bkhopeful wrote:vce in brooklyn this afternoon. postmark 2/2. app submitted mid-october.


Excellent. Get to freak out the entire time I'm in NJ this weekend.

& congraaaats :)


I predict that you get a VCE within two weeks =D

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:50 am

thunderflesh wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
bkhopeful wrote:vce in brooklyn this afternoon. postmark 2/2. app submitted mid-october.


Excellent. Get to freak out the entire time I'm in NJ this weekend.

& congraaaats :)


I predict that you get a VCE within two weeks =D


+1!

bendurnotes4me
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bendurnotes4me » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:46 pm

no news today? its so quiet....

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:47 pm

I'm pretty sure that my mail is packed up due to the storm so a bunch of us are feeling the repercussions right now.

logistikon
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby logistikon » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:47 pm

a schreeching halt eh....... :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

ExpectLess
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ExpectLess » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:48 pm

I just reread Columbia's instructions on LSAC where they said you should only update with essential information. They went on to define it as...

"Essential information includes address changes; updated transcripts; information that clarifies or corrects responses contained in the submitted application; notification of events occurring since the date of submission of the application that are responsive to questions 15a, 15b, 16a, 16b, 17, and the certification; and a statement of continuing interest if the applicant is on Hold or Reserve."

chasgoose
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby chasgoose » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:49 pm

logistikon wrote:a schreeching halt eh....... :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:


I know I couldn't believe the Columbia thread was on the SECOND PAGE of the board...

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby dabbadon8 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:53 pm

Any more decisions today?

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby glitched » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:03 pm

I think we're only expecting snail mail for at least a few days.

User avatar
agora139
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby agora139 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:11 pm

so im sure this has been analyzed in the 50+ pages of post-hold fallout, but its too much to sort through and i might as well bump the thread anyways. any evidence out there indicating when held applicants can expect to hear back?

User avatar
dot
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby dot » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:14 pm

agora139 wrote:so im sure this has been analyzed in the 50+ pages of post-hold fallout, but its too much to sort through and i might as well bump the thread anyways. any evidence out there indicating when held applicants can expect to hear back?


April

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby dabbadon8 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:14 pm

glitched wrote:I think we're only expecting snail mail for at least a few days.


Gah, I am one of those non-hold people. I am hoping there is some mail coming for me regardless if it is good or bad just to get some closure. However I am unfortunately getting my hopes up since no one with by numbers on LSN has been out right rejected in past cycles. I think there may be more WL emails coming out though. I doubt all the people in the non-hold group are all VCE or dings.

cyxdev17
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:53 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby cyxdev17 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:16 pm

Any correlation between fall grade requests and decisions? I got a request and have not heard anything.

User avatar
ThreeYears
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ThreeYears » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:18 pm

ExpectLess wrote:I just reread Columbia's instructions on LSAC where they said you should only update with essential information. They went on to define it as...

"Essential information includes address changes; updated transcripts; information that clarifies or corrects responses contained in the submitted application; notification of events occurring since the date of submission of the application that are responsive to questions 15a, 15b, 16a, 16b, 17, and the certification; and a statement of continuing interest if the applicant is on Hold or Reserve."


Excellent find. This defines "due diligence". Thank you.

bendurnotes4me
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bendurnotes4me » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:19 pm

When were you complete?

Its weird that there hasn't been another wave of WLs today

dabbadon8 wrote:
glitched wrote:I think we're only expecting snail mail for at least a few days.


Gah, I am one of those non-hold people. I am hoping there is some mail coming for me regardless if it is good or bad just to get some closure. However I am unfortunately getting my hopes up since no one with by numbers on LSN has been out right rejected in past cycles. I think there may be more WL emails coming out though. I doubt all the people in the non-hold group are all VCE or dings.

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby dabbadon8 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:22 pm

bendurnotes4me wrote:When were you complete?

Its weird that there hasn't been another wave of WLs today

dabbadon8 wrote:
glitched wrote:I think we're only expecting snail mail for at least a few days.


Gah, I am one of those non-hold people. I am hoping there is some mail coming for me regardless if it is good or bad just to get some closure. However I am unfortunately getting my hopes up since no one with by numbers on LSN has been out right rejected in past cycles. I think there may be more WL emails coming out though. I doubt all the people in the non-hold group are all VCE or dings.


I submitted the first day the app came out. So I guess I went complete around sept. I am hoping for good news but realistically it is super unlikely.

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jrose5 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:23 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:
bendurnotes4me wrote:When were you complete?

Its weird that there hasn't been another wave of WLs today

dabbadon8 wrote:
glitched wrote:I think we're only expecting snail mail for at least a few days.


Gah, I am one of those non-hold people. I am hoping there is some mail coming for me regardless if it is good or bad just to get some closure. However I am unfortunately getting my hopes up since no one with by numbers on LSN has been out right rejected in past cycles. I think there may be more WL emails coming out though. I doubt all the people in the non-hold group are all VCE or dings.


I submitted the first day the app came out. So I guess I went complete around sept. I am hoping for good news but realistically it is super unlikely.


Come on, look on the bright side! You could have gotten held or waitlisted, too, but none of those happened... try to find promise in that. :)

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby dabbadon8 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:28 pm

jrose5 wrote:
Come on, look on the bright side! You could have gotten held or waitlisted, too, but none of those happened... try to find promise in that. :)


I actually am believe it or not. I would much rather be rejected and just be excited about the $ I got at Umich for the next couple months then have columbia in the back of my mind. If I get a definitive decision I will be happy. Obviously if it is a VCE I will be happier. :)

bellamy
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bellamy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:29 pm

cyxdev17 wrote:Any correlation between fall grade requests and decisions? I got a request and have not heard anything.

Same here.

User avatar
ebeth
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ebeth » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:42 pm

bellamy wrote:
cyxdev17 wrote:Any correlation between fall grade requests and decisions? I got a request and have not heard anything.

Same here.


I got a fall grades request on 1/20 and was held on 2/2.

miracle2011
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby miracle2011 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:03 pm

bellamy wrote:
cyxdev17 wrote:Any correlation between fall grade requests and decisions? I got a request and have not heard anything.

Same here.


Yeah I also got a fall grade request and have not heard anything. Have any of the Holds/reserved/dings received fall grade requests?

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bdubs » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:07 pm

Any emails go out today?

User avatar
mel2010
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby mel2010 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:10 pm

ebeth wrote:
bellamy wrote:
cyxdev17 wrote:Any correlation between fall grade requests and decisions? I got a request and have not heard anything.

Same here.


I got a fall grades request on 1/20 and was held on 2/2.


If you don't mind, were your updated grades on par, better, or worse than your previous ones?

User avatar
ebeth
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ebeth » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:13 pm

mel2010 wrote:
ebeth wrote:
bellamy wrote:
cyxdev17 wrote:Any correlation between fall grade requests and decisions? I got a request and have not heard anything.

Same here.


I got a fall grades request on 1/20 and was held on 2/2.


If you don't mind, were your updated grades on par, better, or worse than your previous ones?


On par. My GPA did go down by .01, but I don't think that's entirely relevant in my case as my GPA is above 4.0 and it's a little difficult to maintain a consistent number of A+'s.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, eyetelyuhwhut, Houzy, Long shot hero, okf731 and 15 guests