Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gatorgirl4life

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby gatorgirl4life » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:52 pm

lshamlet wrote:Quick question everyone...

When CLS requests your fall grades, do you think that means they have finished reviewing your app and need to see your grades to confirm their decision, or do you think that means they stopped reviewing your app/didn't review it, and will continue/begin to review it when they receive your fall grades?

I'm trying to decide if I should consider myself complete in Jan (when I sent my transcript), or in Nov (when I sent my app in)...Any thoughts?

probably when you sent your app in. fwiw i was held without a fall grades request.

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:05 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Timmna you're one of the forgotten right?

No, but her numbers twin right here is. :lol:

Ok then let's be friends! :D

YES! :lol: Columbia can't break the bond.

7ED

Postby 7ED » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:19 pm

CastleRock wrote:
7ED wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
I am just so confused at this point. I kind of want to be held so I won't feel so alone :cry:

You can be an honourary Canadian. Me and CR still waiting for news :P
Until I get an e-mail that says otherwise, I am going to assume theres a VCE strapped to the side of a mule somewhere in the Rocky Mountains right now making its way westward.

On it's way "north to Alaska."

Why must u be such a downer? XD

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:38 pm

7ED wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
7ED wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
I am just so confused at this point. I kind of want to be held so I won't feel so alone :cry:

You can be an honourary Canadian. Me and CR still waiting for news :P
Until I get an e-mail that says otherwise, I am going to assume theres a VCE strapped to the side of a mule somewhere in the Rocky Mountains right now making its way westward.

On it's way "north to Alaska."

Why must u be such a downer? XD

Sorry. I've spent 4 hours dealing with telus. And dealing with them is always so wonderful.

glitched

Postby glitched » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:17 am

Nothing in the mail in LA.

O_O

This does not bode well. I hope I get a hold email tomorrow.

mel2010

Postby mel2010 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:21 am

glitched wrote:Nothing in the mail in LA.

O_O

None of that! I hope better for you :D

glitched

Postby glitched » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:27 am

mel2010 wrote:
glitched wrote:Nothing in the mail in LA.

O_O

None of that! I hope better for you :D

Well... why thank you! haha yeah you definitely hope better than I do.

bkhopeful

Postby bkhopeful » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:58 am

vce in brooklyn this afternoon. postmark 2/2. app submitted mid-october.

Postby 4102011 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:00 am

bkhopeful wrote:vce in brooklyn this afternoon. postmark 2/2. app submitted mid-october.

Excellent. Get to freak out the entire time I'm in NJ this weekend.

& congraaaats :)

bkhopeful

Postby bkhopeful » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:04 am

dulcatis wrote:
bkhopeful wrote:vce in brooklyn this afternoon. postmark 2/2. app submitted mid-october.

these waves of envelopes are too stressful. but i have a hunch good things are coming your way. also, i was unprepared for how very accurate "vomit-colored" is as a descriptor. and thanks!

glitched

Postby glitched » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:05 am

bkhopeful wrote:
dulcatis wrote:

these waves of envelopes are too stressful. but i have a hunch good things are coming your way. also, i was unprepared for how very accurate "vomit-colored" is as a descriptor. and thanks!

seriously this is really stressful. hope/despair cycle is killing me.

Wait... you weren't previously held were you? If so, that will raise chaos. absolute chaos.

bkhopeful

Postby bkhopeful » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:06 am

glitched wrote:
bkhopeful wrote:
dulcatis wrote:

seriously this is really stressful. hope/despair cycle is killing me.

Wait... you weren't previously held were you? If so, that will raise chaos. absolute chaos.

no, not previously held. i was in the no hold, no reserve, no acceptance, no rejection category until this p.m.

akikaze

Postby akikaze » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:10 am

There are no waves; I think that Columbia is just sending out acceptances when it feels like admitting people from here on out. As for those of us who are "held"...

Vertigo963

Postby Vertigo963 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:14 am

Congratulations! This means more worrying for me, but at least I'm not necessarily waiting for a rejection letter.

math101

Postby math101 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:35 am

Just wanted to add that I don't even care about my CLS decision anymore, but I'm still reading 20 pages of this thread a day to catch up on the hilarity. I really do have other things to do, so please stop being interesting, k? Thx!

Also, congrats to VCEs/condolences to WLs and rejects (although it sounds like everyone has great options regardless)/being held is lame/ being in limbo is probably even worse. I think that about covers it.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:38 am

OMG 2/2? I have no idea whether I should be running to or away from my mailbox anymore. Congrats to you though!!! Your wait is over in a very good way!!!

GraniteState

Postby GraniteState » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:45 am

bkhopeful wrote:no, not previously held. i was in the no hold, no reserve, no acceptance, no rejection category until this p.m.

You just made and/or ruined my day.

melamine

Postby melamine » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:20 am

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
masterthearts wrote:
I must say I have seen your posts on all the boards and also on last years boards. Are you a professional law school applicant?
Just wondering

Ummm wtf. r6 is a super awesome person who applied to much of the T14 last year, applied pretty late so did not have a cycle to his liking, and applied again this year. In the mean time he's passed on much of the wisdom he's acquired by going through this whole ordeal twice, gives us tons of info on the cities he or some of his relatives have lived in, and provided lots of entertainment on the way. So in short, don't take stabs at r6.

I didn't realize TLS bonds went this deep. I wouldn't have give the guy more than a frowning emoticon.

they don't run that deep - just wait till people end up at different schools (or even the first day of classes at the same school), and we'll never talk again, lol.

mr_toad

Postby mr_toad » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:42 am

My forehead is sore from the number of facepalms directly attributable to comments by masterthearts. Social graces: learn them.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:29 am

mr_toad wrote:My forehead is sore from the number of facepalms directly attributable to comments by masterthearts. Social graces: learn them.

On a related note, I just realized the username is master-the-arts.. not master-t-hearts which I always thought it was for some reason... facepalm again :oops:

I'm slow.

melamine

Postby melamine » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:03 am

mr_toad wrote:My forehead is sore from the number of facepalms directly attributable to comments by masterthearts. Social graces: learn them.

haha, yes, i agree social graces are great to have. maybe i'm being a little to charitable, but i took him to be making a dig relating to gumming up the boards with stuff that tends to not relate so much to the thread topic - or at least is tiring to read through if you're not one of the more frequent posters. there are hundreds of guests and readers who never post but get annoyed (they express it occasionally) that they have to cycle through pages and pages of chat in order to get useful info - or put up info requests that end up getting ignored because they're swamped by the chat of more frequent posters. not trying to be combative, or finger pointing, but just saying - it's a consideration to keep in mind. it can get really bad for some of the other threads.

of course, it sounds like masterhearts just IS one of those posters, so maybe that is being a little too charitable after all...

and yes - i always read it as master-T-hearts too. *doh*

dot

Postby dot » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:26 am

melamine wrote:

haha, yes, i agree social graces are great to have. maybe i'm being a little to charitable, but i took him to be making a dig relating to gumming up the boards with stuff that tends to not relate so much to the thread topic - or at least is tiring to read through if you're not one of the more frequent posters. there are hundreds of guests and readers who never post but get annoyed (they express it occasionally) that they have to cycle through pages and pages of chat in order to get useful info - or put up info requests that end up getting ignored because they're swamped by the chat of more frequent posters. not trying to be combative, or finger pointing, but just saying - it's a consideration to keep in mind. it can get really bad for some of the other threads.

of course, it sounds like masterhearts just IS one of those posters, so maybe that is being a little too charitable after all...

and yes - i always read it as master-T-hearts too. *doh*

wow, until you separated it for me, I was just reading master-hearts...

ANYWAY.

My hopes for today, in order of likelihood of actual occurrence:

1) Brother emails me to say Purple Envelope has arrived (DLS 1/31 and in on ASW, so it's about time...)
2) Brother also says I got a VCE (otherwise haven't been held or anything, and some VCEs to CA/postmarks of 1/31, 2/2 etc for January applicants give me hope.)
3) JR1 email

Feel like I'm on Wheel of Fortune yelling "C'mon BIG MONEY BIG MONEY" as if it actually has some effect.

Except I'm just yelling "C'mon BIG DAY BIG DAY" in my head, alone, in my room, over and over. Hm, maybe I should get to work on my thesis, huh.

jd2014!

Postby jd2014! » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:01 am

Excellent! Good for you!!! why oh why didn't this happen to me????? *shakes fist at sky/weeps bitterly*

LinzerTorte

Postby LinzerTorte » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:07 am

Congrats, and WOW, these waves are B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

Weirdlog

Postby Weirdlog » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:07 am

Huge congrats! I really wanna see a held person get a VCE, though, so all hell can break loose.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”