Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Dany » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:33 pm

r6_philly wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:last year's hold thread CLS is depressing. :( dumb.


FTFE(veryone)

:wink:

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby gatorgirl4life » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:35 pm

eskimo wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:last year's hold thread CLS is depressing. :( dumb.


FTFE(veryone)

:wink:


^ LOVE

7ED
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 7ED » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:36 pm

dulcatis wrote:
eskimo wrote:
TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:Do we think at this point everyone who hasn't heard yet has either been accepted or rejected?

nope. I hadn't heard until this afternoon and got a hold email. They could still be coming out.


I am just so confused at this point. I kind of want to be held so I won't feel so alone :cry:


You can be an honourary Canadian. Me and CR still waiting for news :P
Until I get an e-mail that says otherwise, I am going to assume theres a VCE strapped to the side of a mule somewhere in the Rocky Mountains right now making its way westward.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:38 pm

Pink wrote:Rejected via mail, letter dated 2/1. Knew it was coming, but still can't help but feel bummed :(


Sorry. But at least you don't have to worry about it anymore. There is no way I would ever get off this WL. So I could withdraw or wait another 8 months for a rejection. What to do what to do :?

See you are in a better place.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm

7ED wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
eskimo wrote:
TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:Do we think at this point everyone who hasn't heard yet has either been accepted or rejected?

nope. I hadn't heard until this afternoon and got a hold email. They could still be coming out.


I am just so confused at this point. I kind of want to be held so I won't feel so alone :cry:


You can be an honourary Canadian. Me and CR still waiting for news :P
Until I get an e-mail that says otherwise, I am going to assume theres a VCE strapped to the side of a mule somewhere in the Rocky Mountains right now making its way westward.

On it's way "north to Alaska."

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jd2014! » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:41 pm

Too lazy to look right now (cooking and getting boozed up to deal with this hold business), but I was wondering what last year's success rate for holds looked like, and who ended up making it out alive? I was held till April 20 or so and then put on Reserve, but I hadn't found the glory that is TLS yet, so I was on my own. Anyone know if/how many/who seemed to get acceptances once they were held (i.e., did they apply early or late, have high numbers or at means, URMs, etc.)


We should start a hold thread to discuss these matters...

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:42 pm

Ok I figured it out.

They have too many quality Asian applicants (and students) sub median LSAT or GPA is just not going to cut it.

:mrgreen:

GraniteState
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby GraniteState » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:44 pm

The only thing that takes longer than law school admissions is litigation.

Take that, profession we're about to enter.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:45 pm

r6_philly wrote:Ok I figured it out.

They have too many quality Asian applicants (and students) sub median LSAT or GPA is just not going to cut it.

:mrgreen:

I suggest riding a bike through the halls of cls to prove just how serious you are.

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Pink » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:45 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Pink wrote:Rejected via mail, letter dated 2/1. Knew it was coming, but still can't help but feel bummed :(


Sorry. But at least you don't have to worry about it anymore. There is no way I would ever get off this WL. So I could withdraw or wait another 8 months for a rejection. What to do what to do :?

See you are in a better place.


True. I definitely don't envy you. Good luck everyone!

Buffalo Bill
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Buffalo Bill » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:48 pm

I would be curious to know also if anyone has stats on people held from last year -- # admits, #rejects and #reserves. I am a URM with a low GPA and LSAT score. I was held yesterday (went complete back in December.) I figure that I am being held until they see how their class shakes out in terms of URM's who accept and where they need to plug holes. I am taking this hold as a good sign for now at least since I could have been an outright WL or reject. I live to see another day!

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby champsound » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:48 pm

No VCE today. Or any emails or any other mail for that matter. I am sure we will see some swift movements on the holds as soon as the 2/15 deadline gets here.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:49 pm

It's too bad though, the first question I was going to ask one of you at ASW if we all got into Columbia was, "Can you teach me how to dougie?"

masterthearts
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby masterthearts » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:52 pm

r6_philly wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:last year's hold thread CLS is depressing. :(


FTFE(veryone)


I must say I have seen your posts on all the boards and also on last years boards. Are you a professional law school applicant?
Just wondering

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:53 pm

masterthearts wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:last year's hold thread CLS is depressing. :(


FTFE(veryone)


I must say I have seen your posts on all the boards and also on last years boards. Are you a professional law school applicant?
Just wondering

*shots fired*

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:56 pm

masterthearts wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:last year's hold thread CLS is depressing. :(


FTFE(veryone)


I must say I have seen your posts on all the boards and also on last years boards. Are you a professional law school applicant?
Just wondering


I decided to reapply this cycle so I can get on CLS's reserve list twice because once is simply not enough.

I am professional at everything I do 8)

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:58 pm

r6_philly wrote:
masterthearts wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:last year's hold thread CLS is depressing. :(


FTFE(veryone)


I must say I have seen your posts on all the boards and also on last years boards. Are you a professional law school applicant?
Just wondering


I decided to reapply this cycle so I can get on CLS's reserve list twice because once is simply not enough.

I am professional at everything I do 8)


Nice.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:59 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
Nice.


I am very good at saying good things about myself.

Seeeee!!!!

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:00 pm

masterthearts wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:last year's hold thread CLS is depressing. :(


FTFE(veryone)


I must say I have seen your posts on all the boards and also on last years boards. Are you a professional law school applicant?
Just wondering


Ummm wtf. r6 is a super awesome person who applied to much of the T14 last year, applied pretty late so did not have a cycle to his liking, and applied again this year. In the mean time he's passed on much of the wisdom he's acquired by going through this whole ordeal twice, gives us tons of info on the cities he or some of his relatives have lived in, and provided lots of entertainment on the way. So in short, don't take stabs at r6.

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:02 pm

Okay. I have some questions, and I am about to go start looking up the answers on LSN, but it will be sort of painstaking, so I figured i'd at least ask them here as well.

- Based on extrapolation from LSN numbers, have the same number of people been admitted to CLS so far as had been admitted last year when the holds came out?
- How many applicants total do we think are held (based on extrapolation from last year's LSN data and the number of TLSers who have filled out azn's form)?
- What proportion of those held were admitted last year?
- Based on the answer to question 1, can we expect the proportion to be similar this year?

Given the rapid pace of this thread in the past few days, I wouldn't be surprised if I'd missed a few illuminating comments that pertain to these questions.

TrustMeI'mAnActress
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby TrustMeI'mAnActress » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:03 pm

r6 - if TLS had awards, I think you would win most popular/most likable, without a doubt. just putting it out there. whatever school gets you is very lucky to have you.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:03 pm

law_monkey wrote:Ummm wtf. r6 is a super awesome person who applied to much of the T14 last year, applied pretty late so did not have a cycle to his liking, and applied again this year. In the mean time he's passed on much of the wisdom he's acquired by going through this whole ordeal twice, gives us tons of info on the cities he or some of his relatives have lived in, and provided lots of entertainment on the way. So in short, don't take stabs at r6.


It's ok, someone like me can take a couple of stabs as funny moments. Can you imagine how much shots you have to take in a professional sport?

Thank you though, we can be study group buddies again.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:05 pm

law_monkey wrote:
masterthearts wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:last year's hold thread CLS is depressing. :(


FTFE(veryone)


I must say I have seen your posts on all the boards and also on last years boards. Are you a professional law school applicant?
Just wondering


Ummm wtf. r6 is a super awesome person who applied to much of the T14 last year, applied pretty late so did not have a cycle to his liking, and applied again this year. In the mean time he's passed on much of the wisdom he's acquired by going through this whole ordeal twice, gives us tons of info on the cities he or some of his relatives have lived in, and provided lots of entertainment on the way. So in short, don't take stabs at r6.

I didn't realize TLS bonds went this deep. I wouldn't have give the guy more than a frowning emoticon.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:06 pm

Buffalo Bill wrote:I would be curious to know also if anyone has stats on people held from last year -- # admits, #rejects and #reserves. I am a URM with a low GPA and LSAT score. I was held yesterday (went complete back in December.) I figure that I am being held until they see how their class shakes out in terms of URM's who accept and where they need to plug holes. I am taking this hold as a good sign for now at least since I could have been an outright WL or reject. I live to see another day!


I'm also really confused about CLS' URM game this cycle. According to LSN there are very few URM admits, and the ones that there are have lower indexes in comparison to tk and Knock. But they held most of the super high quality URM candidates (that report on TLS), so it's likely they will get in once they prove that they want CLS. Plus there are other low index URMs who have been held too. But even taking that into consideration there is a very low count compared to other T14 schools thus far in the cycle.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:06 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Buffalo Bill wrote:I would be curious to know also if anyone has stats on people held from last year -- # admits, #rejects and #reserves. I am a URM with a low GPA and LSAT score. I was held yesterday (went complete back in December.) I figure that I am being held until they see how their class shakes out in terms of URM's who accept and where they need to plug holes. I am taking this hold as a good sign for now at least since I could have been an outright WL or reject. I live to see another day!


I'm also really confused about CLS' URM game this cycle. According to LSN there are very few URM admits, and the ones that there are have lower indexes in comparison to tk and Knock. But they held most of the super high quality URM candidates (that report on TLS), so it's likely they will get in once they prove that they want CLS. Plus there are other low index URMs who have been held too. But even taking that into consideration there is a very low count compared to other T14 schools thus far in the cycle.


Yeah.. CLS better not ever complain about the difficult of having enough minority students..




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jer0689, Pozzo, xn3345 and 24 guests