Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Excellence = a Habit

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:29 pm

champsound wrote:Highlights from Columbia 2011! February 3rd, 2011:

-Day 2 of Holds sent
-r6_philly is a badass
-dulcatis saves the day with a spreadsheet for columbia survivors
-rejection letters sent
-VCE postmarked 1/31 appears in CA (January applicant)

I like these! We should get a daily tally of highlights in the OP. (Well, maybe that's taking it a little far, but this is really useful for people who can't click refresh every 15 seconds)

champsound

Postby champsound » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:30 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
champsound wrote:Highlights from Columbia 2011! February 3rd, 2011:

-Day 2 of Holds sent
-r6_philly is a badass
-dulcatis saves the day with a spreadsheet for columbia survivors
-rejection letters sent
-VCE postmarked 1/31 appears in CA (January applicant)

I like these! We should get a daily tally of highlights in the OP. (Well, maybe that's taking it a little far, but this is really useful for people who can't click refresh every 15 seconds)

I can do it to recap what happens while I am at work (since i'm basically on TLS the whole work day while actually doing stuff). But anything past 6 PM EST is going to be in the dark.

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:31 pm

Well...

-no hold
-no reserve email

Must mean somethings in the mail... Though I still don't have a GULC packet so god knows when this mail will get there. Don't think its going to be good news but it be nice to know.

2011Cycle

Postby 2011Cycle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:32 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:Well...

-no hold
-no reserve email

Must mean somethings in the mail... Though I still don't have a GULC packet so god knows when this mail will get there. Don't think its going to be good news but it be nice to know.

I saw what you did there!

moneko

Postby moneko » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Last edited by moneko on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:54 pm

sorry to hear about the reserves/rejections/holds today. :(

holding out hope for those who haven't gotten anything for a VCE post marked 1/31!

hiddenfist

Postby hiddenfist » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:01 pm

If my mailman did not come today, can I go to the post office and get my mail?

What if he stops coming forever?

I am definitely losing it.

xtine

Postby xtine » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:10 pm

hiddenfist wrote:If my mailman did not come today, can I go to the post office and get my mail?

What if he stops coming forever?

I am definitely losing it.

he's keeping all the VCEs for himself!!!! this cannot go unpunished!

7ED

Postby 7ED » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:18 pm

CastleRock wrote:
s254w wrote:Just got rejected via snail mail (totally expected too, so not feeling too upset). In DC, letter postmarked February 1st for those of you still waiting.

NO NOT SNAIL MAIL REJECTIONS. FUCK

*facepalm*

gatorgirl4life

Postby gatorgirl4life » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Question on LOCIs...if you're currently waitressing/bartending full-time since graduating a semester early, should you mention that? or does that not sound impressive enough for CLS? :oops:

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:21 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:Question on LOCIs...if you're currently waitressing full-time since graduating a semester early, should you mention that? or does that not sound impressive enough for CLS? :oops:

I'd mention it. At least you're working?

I actually think that working in a service industry like waitressing is very important for aspiring professionals. Too many people go through their lives and never do this, and ultimately they just become unsocial dickheads.

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:22 pm

just got my GULC...bittersweet. I kept telling myself they'd come together.

7ED

Postby 7ED » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:22 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:Question on LOCIs...if you're currently waitressing/bartending full-time since graduating a semester early, should you mention that? or does that not sound impressive enough for CLS? :oops:

It depends on what your logic is for sending the LOCI. If you have a good reason to be sending them extra paperwork, and how that ties in, then I would say go for it. But if you are just ending them an LOCI to send them something...

CosmoLaw

Postby CosmoLaw » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:22 pm

castlerock you have no reason to stress,... cls would be an idiot to reject you with your numbers. And to philly and azn.... I'm sorry you guys got reserved

mel2010

Postby mel2010 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:24 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:Question on LOCIs...if you're currently waitressing/bartending full-time since graduating a semester early, should you mention that? or does that not sound impressive enough for CLS? :oops:

If possible, I'd phrase it based on what else you're maybe handling in the meanwhile, a la "I've also been _______, all while working full-time." Maybe some community service, or something else on the side? Just a thought. No disrespect to making some money!

Like 7ED says, it's maybe not a reason in and of itself to send a LOCI, but if you can talk about how that experience relates to you wanting to go to CLS or something, then I don't see how it can hurt.

gatorgirl4life

Postby gatorgirl4life » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:30 pm

CastleRock wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:Question on LOCIs...if you're currently waitressing full-time since graduating a semester early, should you mention that? or does that not sound impressive enough for CLS? :oops:

I'd mention it. At least you're working?

I actually think that working in a service industry like waitressing is very important for aspiring professionals. Too many people go through their lives and never do this, and ultimately they just become unsocial dickheads.

It depends on what your logic is for sending the LOCI. If you have a good reason to be sending them extra paperwork, and how that ties in, then I would say go for it. But if you are just ending them an LOCI to send them something...

If possible, I'd phrase it based on what else you're maybe handling in the meanwhile, a la "I've also been _______, all while working full-time." Maybe some community service, or something else on the side? Just a thought. No disrespect to making some money!

Like 7ED says, it's maybe not a reason in and of itself to send a LOCI, but if you can talk about how that experience relates to you wanting to go to CLS or something, then I don't see how it can hurt.
[/quote]

OK thanks for the quick replies!! Yeah I was going to frame it like I want to attend CLS because it offers XYZ clinics/programs, my interest/experiences with respect to XYZ make me a good fit, oh and since i sent in my app I earned a 4.0 during my last semester, gradutated with honors, and am currently waitressing full-time, am interning at a law firm, etc.

mel2010

Postby mel2010 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:35 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:OK thanks for the quick replies!! Yeah I was going to frame it like I want to attend CLS because it offers XYZ clinics/programs, my interest/experiences with respect to XYZ make me a good fit, oh and since i sent in my app I earned a 4.0 during my last semester, gradutated with honors, and am currently waitressing full-time, am interning at a law firm, etc.

Definitely in that case, for what my thoughts are worth.
(which is nothing)

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:38 pm

...did anyone else receive a rejection letter? I find it hard to believe they only sent out enough so that 3 would show up on LSN and I think 1 here...

(I didn't get one, but probably will)
Last edited by dabbadon8 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pink

Postby Pink » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:40 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:...did anyone else receive a rejection letter? I feel it hard to believe they only sent out enough so that 3 would show up on LSN and I think 1 here...

I'll let you know when I get home....

mel2010

Postby mel2010 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:45 pm

Pink wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:...did anyone else receive a rejection letter? I feel it hard to believe they only sent out enough so that 3 would show up on LSN and I think 1 here...

Yeah...if I got one postmarked on 2/1 then it'll probably be in my box when I check tomorrow... :?

glitched

Postby glitched » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:47 pm

mel2010 wrote:
Pink wrote:

Yeah...if I got one postmarked on 2/1 then it'll probably be in my box when I check tomorrow... :?

why so negative, nancy? btw, what is your tar? ....is it metaphase by any chance?

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:53 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:If you've been held and haven't PMed or posted your numbers in this thread before, fill this form out!
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/viewfo ... c6MQ#gid=0

Results:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CJCcv50J

QF new page

mel2010

Postby mel2010 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:56 pm

glitched wrote:
mel2010 wrote:
Pink wrote:

why so negative, nancy? btw, what is your tar? ....is it metaphase by any chance?

I think I'm mostly just pessimistic because I haven't been held or waitlisted, but I don't think I'd be accepted over other people around here so if something is coming soon it's probably the other category. On the other hand, I have to keep reminding myself that no one here (including myself) really knows anything about this (no offense) and that admissions is somewhat inherently unpredictable for mid-rangers like myself...so anything could happen.

As for the avatar, it's the cat's eye nebula...I just really like how it looks.

Edit: admissions is somewhat inherently unpredictable for ANY candidate, I guess, as long as there's people sitting somewhere making the decisions.

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:02 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:If you've been held and haven't PMed or posted your numbers in this thread before, fill this form out!
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/viewfo ... c6MQ#gid=0

Results:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CJCcv50J

QF new page

some of those look like duplicates =/

interesting info anyway! A lot of 174s....

Quadrangulum

Postby Quadrangulum » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:05 pm

mel2010 wrote:
I think I'm mostly just pessimistic because I haven't been held or waitlisted, but I don't think I'd be accepted over other people around here so if something is coming soon it's probably the other category. On the other hand, I have to keep reminding myself that no one here (including myself) really knows anything about this (no offense) and that admissions is somewhat inherently unpredictable for mid-rangers like myself...so anything could happen.

As for the avatar, it's the cat's eye nebula...I just really like how it looks.

Edit: admissions is somewhat inherently unpredictable for ANY candidate, I guess, as long as there's people sitting somewhere making the decisions.

LSN suggests it would be utterly unprecedented for Columbia to reject outright an applicant in your number range (assuming no cataclysmic blemishes). I think the same even holds true for those with numbers a fair bit below yours actually.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”