Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby hipstermafia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:20 pm

Knock wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:Just realized with hipster, r6, and me getting reserved this morning....

Columbia just WLed three engineers (counting r6 with his CS degree in this).


Sorry guys :cry:

CORNELL NO. 2

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:20 pm

law_monkey wrote:False!!! My monkey is free and and innocently running through the jungles of the Amazon. Those pics are super adorable though! I approve of them.


Hmm, that would also explain the lack of VCE. Mail probably has to get sorted at the Playboy Mansion, and i'm sure that takes a couple of days. Mystery solved!

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:23 pm

Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:False!!! My monkey is free and and innocently running through the jungles of the Amazon. Those pics are super adorable though! I approve of them.


Hmm, that would also explain the lack of VCE. Mail probably has to get sorted at the Playboy Mansion, and i'm sure that takes a couple of days. Mystery solved!


Ok fine, you might have figured out what my super stellar soft is. However, you can't judge me when my VCE finally gets sorted out and I'm able to afford CLS at sticker. When Hughie promised he'd take care of me, he meant it!

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby glitched » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:25 pm

If there is a playboy playmate who attends Columbia law... that would be nice.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:25 pm

I mean on the bright side at least no one has made up a new freakin cat to describe this situation. (Nobody make one just to spite me).

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:25 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:False!!! My monkey is free and and innocently running through the jungles of the Amazon. Those pics are super adorable though! I approve of them.


Hmm, that would also explain the lack of VCE. Mail probably has to get sorted at the Playboy Mansion, and i'm sure that takes a couple of days. Mystery solved!


Ok fine, you might have figured out what my super stellar soft is. However, you can't judge me when my VCE finally gets sorted out and I'm able to afford CLS at sticker. When Hughie promised he'd take care of me, he meant it!


What a sweetheart. Now I understand how he gets all the ladies.

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:False!!! My monkey is free and and innocently running through the jungles of the Amazon. Those pics are super adorable though! I approve of them.


Hmm, that would also explain the lack of VCE. Mail probably has to get sorted at the Playboy Mansion, and i'm sure that takes a couple of days. Mystery solved!


Ok fine, you might have figured out what my super stellar soft is. However, you can't judge me when my VCE finally gets sorted out and I'm able to afford CLS at sticker. When Hughie promised he'd take care of me, he meant it!


What a sweetheart. Now I understand how he gets all the ladies.


Was the money-for-sex thing not clear before? :mrgreen:

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:I mean on the bright side at least no one has made up a new freakin cat to describe this situation. (Nobody make one just to spite me).


Image

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:Hmm, that would also explain the lack of VCE. Mail probably has to get sorted at the Playboy Mansion, and i'm sure that takes a couple of days. Mystery solved!


Ok fine, you might have figured out what my super stellar soft is. However, you can't judge me when my VCE finally gets sorted out and I'm able to afford CLS at sticker. When Hughie promised he'd take care of me, he meant it!


What a sweetheart. Now I understand how he gets all the ladies.


Was the money-for-sex thing not clear before? :mrgreen:


Looks like I have to re-write my PS in light of these new details, biglaw here I come.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:
Hmm, that would also explain the lack of VCE. Mail probably has to get sorted at the Playboy Mansion, and i'm sure that takes a couple of days. Mystery solved!


Ok fine, you might have figured out what my super stellar soft is. However, you can't judge me when my VCE finally gets sorted out and I'm able to afford CLS at sticker. When Hughie promised he'd take care of me, he meant it!


What a sweetheart. Now I understand how he gets all the ladies.


Was the money-for-sex thing not clear before? :mrgreen:


Clearly he's getting classier in his old age though. Education-for-sex is so much better. :D

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Spreadsheet/form for non-held/non-reserved folk:

dulcatis wrote:HANG ON KIDDOS, I'LL GET TO WORK.

Okay so I'm making a new spreadsheet because I am too goddamn lazy to work with the other one. Let it be stated I'm just choosing random-ass themes for all the forms because who the fuck cares <3

Form:
--LinkRemoved--

Spreadsheet:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CJjV7YMP

tomwatts
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby tomwatts » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:36 pm

law_monkey wrote:
7ED wrote:Does anyone know if CLS delivers rejections through mail? Cuz the whole VCE think okay, fine, but if rejections come via post-horse as well... gosh that would be *really* painful.


Just a guess, but their pattern seems to be only acceptances are coming out through snail mail. It kind of doesn't make sense that they would email just the middle decisions.

Yeah, making sense is totally the top priority for CLS's method of decision notification.

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby c_dubya_s » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:37 pm

tomwatts wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
7ED wrote:Does anyone know if CLS delivers rejections through mail? Cuz the whole VCE think okay, fine, but if rejections come via post-horse as well... gosh that would be *really* painful.


Just a guess, but their pattern seems to be only acceptances are coming out through snail mail. It kind of doesn't make sense that they would email just the middle decisions.

Yeah, making sense is totally the top priority for CLS's method of decision notification.

It's OK. Once the post-horse kicks you in the groin, that really resets your priorities.
Last edited by c_dubya_s on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Someone just call Columbia and straight up ask if they got in because they won't be able to check their mail for the next couple of weeks due to construction on their building...and their being sent to a different place. Or something more logical than what I just said, but I'm on the verge because I have to buy ASW tickets and this is annoying.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Someone just call Columbia and straight up ask if they got in because they won't be able to check their mail for the next couple of weeks due to construction on their building...and their being sent to a different place. Or something more logical than what I just said, but I'm on the verge because I have to buy ASW tickets and this is annoying.

Tried this already to no avail.

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby glitched » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Someone just call Columbia and straight up ask if they got in because they won't be able to check their mail for the next couple of weeks due to construction on their building...and their being sent to a different place. Or something more logical than what I just said, but I'm on the verge because I have to buy ASW tickets and this is annoying.


I vote you.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:41 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Someone just call Columbia and straight up ask if they got in because they won't be able to check their mail for the next couple of weeks due to construction on their building...and their being sent to a different place. Or something more logical than what I just said, but I'm on the verge because I have to buy ASW tickets and this is annoying.


I still think dings will be coming soon, so those of us who haven't heard will hopefully get some clarity. It should be a good sign if you make it through all the mass emails. But of course no one really knows other than the adcomms.

bendurnotes4me
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bendurnotes4me » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:41 pm

CastleRock wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:Someone just call Columbia and straight up ask if they got in because they won't be able to check their mail for the next couple of weeks due to construction on their building...and their being sent to a different place. Or something more logical than what I just said, but I'm on the verge because I have to buy ASW tickets and this is annoying.

Tried this already to no avail.


What did you say/ they say?

User avatar
mel2010
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby mel2010 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:42 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:Someone just call Columbia and straight up ask if they got in because they won't be able to check their mail for the next couple of weeks due to construction on their building...and their being sent to a different place. Or something more logical than what I just said, but I'm on the verge because I have to buy ASW tickets and this is annoying.


I still think dings will be coming soon, so those of us who haven't heard will hopefully get some clarity. It should be a good sign if you make it through all the mass emails. But of course no one really knows other than the adcomms.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:42 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:Someone just call Columbia and straight up ask if they got in because they won't be able to check their mail for the next couple of weeks due to construction on their building...and their being sent to a different place. Or something more logical than what I just said, but I'm on the verge because I have to buy ASW tickets and this is annoying.


I still think dings will be coming soon, so those of us who haven't heard will hopefully get some clarity. It should be a good sign if you make it through all the mass emails. But of course no one really knows other than the adcomms.


Did you get Heff to write you a LOR? I'm sure that would go a long way!

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jd2014! » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:42 pm

amkid100 wrote:Did those who were waitlisted submit a lot earlier than those of us who were held? or is there no temporal distinction.



Nope. I submitted in September and they still held me.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:43 pm

CastleRock wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:Someone just call Columbia and straight up ask if they got in because they won't be able to check their mail for the next couple of weeks due to construction on their building...and their being sent to a different place. Or something more logical than what I just said, but I'm on the verge because I have to buy ASW tickets and this is annoying.

Tried this already to no avail.

At least I know someone thinks like me around here. Study buddies in law school? :P

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby dabbadon8 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:43 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:Someone just call Columbia and straight up ask if they got in because they won't be able to check their mail for the next couple of weeks due to construction on their building...and their being sent to a different place. Or something more logical than what I just said, but I'm on the verge because I have to buy ASW tickets and this is annoying.


I still think dings will be coming soon, so those of us who haven't heard will hopefully get some clarity. It should be a good sign if you make it through all the mass emails. But of course no one really knows other than the adcomms.


I agree that dings should be coming. There has been a wave of admits, then holds, then reserves, so it follows that dings are coming next.

akikaze
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 8:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby akikaze » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:44 pm

I'm scared of seeing people with better stats than me get dinged. =/

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:45 pm

bendurnotes4me wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:Someone just call Columbia and straight up ask if they got in because they won't be able to check their mail for the next couple of weeks due to construction on their building...and their being sent to a different place. Or something more logical than what I just said, but I'm on the verge because I have to buy ASW tickets and this is annoying.

Tried this already to no avail.


What did you say/ they say?

I'm not getting into that on here cause it outs me, but I did on email and the just danced around the question.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests