Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WestOfTheRest

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:29 pm

eskimo wrote:
the forgotten: survivor edition wrote:bdubs
bmore
CastleRock
champsound
cm612
Dulcatis
eskimo
Fresh, the forgotten one
Jimraynor
Kent M
LAWLAW09
melamine

SF: surviving friends

CR
Dulc
Eski

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:29 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:I'm pretty sure I've discovered a few TLSers' true identities on Facebook via the X Lawl Skool Class of 2014 groups. Is that weird?

It's not that hard if you're in the Penn one. There's a reveal your TLS identity comment thread going on haha

bellamy

Postby bellamy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:30 pm

bdubs wrote:
champsound wrote:I tried to google what Dulcatis meant and all I got was a bunch of links back to this thread.

--LinkRemoved--?

That is GREAT !

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:30 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:I'm pretty sure I've discovered a few TLSers' true identities on Facebook via the X Lawl Skool Class of 2014 groups. Is that weird?

No... a lot are easy because they use variations of their real names as their usernames, and a lot out their UGs (*cough me cough*) which is just easy to put together.

Or we're just creepy.

OutCold

Postby OutCold » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:30 pm

eskimo wrote:
bmore
CastleRock
champsound
cm612
Dulcatis
eskimo
Fresh, the forgotten one
Jimraynor
Kent M
LAWLAW09
melamine
Kwax

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:31 pm

No, I totally have. I think it's okay. I don't know who you are, but I'm only on one facebook group. (Penn's).

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:31 pm

That's Facebook.

I'm still not held, not reserved, and not thinking I'm going to get any money out of CLS anyhow so...

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:31 pm

Yeah, it’s crappy and mean, but is anyone else impressed by their strategy?
1. Accept only those with extremely high numbers + schollies, or those with CLS-appropriate numbers who are just shy of HYS and who they feel would attend CLS over Chi or NYU (including EDers). I mean, is there anyone who’s gotten in so far who’s definitely not going? (With the exception of Entchen :))
2. Put other candidates on either Hold or Reserve, whereby the ones who were going to defect to HYS or NYU will do so anyway, and the ones with a serious CLS interest will write LOCIs
3. Let the Holds and Reserves whittle themselves down through withdrawals/LOCIs, and accept only the best candidates who stuck it out and wrote LOCIS (those who are not leaving for HYS/NYU, and who will actually attend at that point if admitted)
4. ???? Accept some people?
5. Increase yield rate, increase or maintain medians, save money on travel stipends for ASDs... Profit.

Am I nuts, or is this a super-smart way to play us all? Or at least a lot smarter than stupid old NYU who tries to seduce everyone with that damn pizza box... I’m just bitter I didn’t get one ;)
Last edited by piccolittle on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:31 pm

Yeah the only reason I wish I still had my fb would be to see tlsers / join nyu class of 2014

I hate you so much cls

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:32 pm

the forgotten: survivor edition wrote:ahduth
bdubs
bmore
CastleRock
champsound
cm612
Dulcatis
eskimo
Fresh, the forgotten one
Jimraynor
Kent M
LAWLAW09
melamine
Kwax

alphamoose

Postby alphamoose » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:32 pm

bmore
CastleRock
champsound
cm612
Dulcatis
eskimo
Fresh, the forgotten one
Jimraynor
Kent M
LAWLAW09
melamine
Kwax
alphamoose
Last edited by alphamoose on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:32 pm

So some semi-bad news for holds...called CLS some time ago and they basically said most of us can expect to hear at the end of April. Very unlikely that there will be substantial movement before then. :/ Also, LOCI via email; transcripts and LORs via regular mail. Why CLS whhhhhhhhhhhhhyyy.

2011Cycle

Postby 2011Cycle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:33 pm

piccolittle wrote:Yeah, it’s crappy and mean, but is anyone else impressed by their strategy?
1. Accept only those with extremely high numbers + schollies, or those with CLS-appropriate numbers who are just shy of HYS and who they feel would attend CLS over Chi or NYU (including EDers). I mean, is there anyone who’s gotten in so far who’s definitely not going? (With the exception of Entchen :))
2. Put other candidates on either Hold or Reserve, whereby the ones who were going to defect to HYS or NYU will do so anyway, and the ones with a serious CLS interest will write LOCIs
3. Let the Holds and Reserves whittle themselves down through withdrawals/LOCIs, and accept only the best candidates who stuck it out and wrote LOCIS (those who are not leaving for HYS/NYU, and who will actually attend at that point if admitted)
5. Increase yield rate, increase or maintain medians, save money on travel stipends for ASDs... Profit.

Am I nuts, or is this a super-smart way to play us all? Or at least a lot smarter than stupid old NYU who tries to seduce everyone with that damn pizza box... I’m just bitter I didn’t get one ;)

+1

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:33 pm

piccolittle wrote:Yeah, it’s crappy and mean, but is anyone else impressed by their strategy?
1. Accept only those with extremely high numbers + schollies, or those with CLS-appropriate numbers who are just shy of HYS and who they feel would attend CLS over Chi or NYU (including EDers). I mean, is there anyone who’s gotten in so far who’s definitely not going?

I'm digging it, if only because NYU has given me nothing. NOTHING! I just wish I had new grades or new job or anything to impress CLS with.

Also, I am finding myself thinking less of the people on the FB Class of 2014 groups who are not on TLS. I mean, who are you??

Edit, wait. Should I retake the LSAT in Feb? Oh Lord. Is anyone considering this or is that insane?
Last edited by Excellence = a Habit on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:34 pm

I only liked item 4

hiddenfist

Postby hiddenfist » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:35 pm

alphamoose wrote:
bmore
CastleRock
champsound
cm612
Dulcatis
eskimo
Fresh, the forgotten one
Jimraynor
Kent M
LAWLAW09
melamine
Kwax
alphamoose
hiddenfist

Muenchen

Postby Muenchen » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:35 pm

eskimo wrote:
bmore
CastleRock
champsound
cm612
Dulcatis
eskimo
Fresh, the forgotten one
Jimraynor
Kent M
LAWLAW09
melamine

+Munich :(

Tinkerz Belle

Postby Tinkerz Belle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:35 pm

alphamoose wrote:
bmore
CastleRock
champsound
cm612
Dulcatis
eskimo
Fresh, the forgotten one
Jimraynor
Kent M
LAWLAW09
melamine
Kwax
alphamoose
tinkerz belle

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the rejection letter...and its making me very sad :(

champsound

Postby champsound » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:36 pm

My application at NYU is stuck at "Application being processed 1/12"

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:36 pm

So this is YP: the Columbia Edition huh. Not much fun. I want my entrance fee back.

CM612

Postby CM612 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:36 pm

Tinkerz Belle wrote:
alphamoose wrote:
bmore
CastleRock
champsound
cm612
Dulcatis
eskimo
Fresh, the forgotten one
Jimraynor
Kent M
LAWLAW09
melamine
Kwax
alphamoose
tinkerz belle

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the rejection letter...and its making me very sad :(

Me too, Tink. I'm not so sad about it though. Disappointed? Yes. I'm at the point in my cycle where I just WANT TO KNOW.

dbrddr

Postby dbrddr » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:38 pm

alphamoose wrote:
bmore
CastleRock
champsound
cm612
Dulcatis
eskimo
Fresh, the forgotten one
Jimraynor
Kent M
LAWLAW09
melamine
Kwax
alphamoose
tinkerz belle
dbrddr

hiddenfist

Postby hiddenfist » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:38 pm

bmore
CastleRock
champsound
cm612
Dulcatis
eskimo
Fresh, the forgotten one
Jimraynor
Kent M
LAWLAW09
melamine
Kwax
alphamoose
tinkerz belle
dbrddr
hiddenfist

third attempt to add my name to this list!

Pink

Postby Pink » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:39 pm

bmore
CastleRock
champsound
cm612
Dulcatis
eskimo
Fresh, the forgotten one
Jimraynor
Kent M
LAWLAW09
melamine
Kwax
alphamoose
tinkerz belle
dbrddr
hiddenfist
Pink

Ha, finally added mine as well. Oops

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:39 pm

hiddenfist wrote:
third attempt to add my name to this list!

Yeah, I tried once, I have more faith in the dulcsheets.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”