Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JoeShmoe11

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:09 pm

coolymx wrote:Maybe there WERE offers made today...just not to people on TLS?

Why can't you just let us live in our happy little worlds where no one heard back today?

Weirdlog

Postby Weirdlog » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:20 pm

annie2010 wrote:

noooooo. let's pretend that this is impossible. I feel a lot better if I tell myself no one else heard back either.

I like to think that between LSN and TLS, we have a large enough sample size that SOMEONE will hear on any given day that calls are made.

TLSNYC

Postby TLSNYC » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:20 pm

Weirdlog wrote:
annie2010 wrote:

noooooo. let's pretend that this is impossible. I feel a lot better if I tell myself no one else heard back either.

I like to think that between LSN and TLS, we have a large enough sample size that SOMEONE will hear on any given day that calls are made.

+ 1

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Sigh... There's always tomorrow?

Something to help you all feel better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGiFWuDM_xE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Last edited by shanemahsa on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoeShmoe11

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:29 pm

shanemahsa wrote:Sigh... There's always tomorrow?

Something to make you all feel better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGiFWuDM_xE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That was great. And scary! The 1/2Ls I've seen creeping around these boards don't seem like they've got it that bad...

coolymx

Postby coolymx » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:30 pm

Kili wrote:Unless they behave like normal human beings and call family/friends and forget to tell us. :cry:

+1

But people are correct. The orginial hypothesis makes us much happier. So let's assume there will be 1 person from every round of acceptance who will post on TLS!

dooterdude11

Postby dooterdude11 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Ok,

So I got an emailed request for my Fall semester grades. Problem: I graduated in the summer... They must've made a mistake. And my G.P.A is 4.0.

Is this a good sign?

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:18 pm

dooterdude11 wrote:Ok,

So I got an emailed request for my Fall semester grades. Problem: I graduated in the summer... They must've made a mistake. And my G.P.A is 4.0.

Is this a good sign?

I don't know if anyone can answer this. I'm interested to know. I haven't gotten anything from them yet, but I'm dying to know why they request fall grades from people with 4.0s..

dooterdude11

Postby dooterdude11 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:29 pm

thecilent wrote:

Is this a good sign?

I don't know if anyone can answer this. I'm interested to know. I haven't gotten anything from them yet, but I'm dying to know why they request fall grades from people with 4.0s..

I thought maybe it's because they're looking to boost their G.P.A numbers so it hurts someone with a 4.0 if they had a bad semester?

arism87

Postby arism87 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:34 pm

dooterdude11 wrote:
thecilent wrote:

Is this a good sign?

I thought maybe it's because they're looking to boost their G.P.A numbers so it hurts someone with a 4.0 if they had a bad semester?

It would have to be one hell of a semester to make a difference..

dooterdude11

Postby dooterdude11 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:35 pm

arism87 wrote:
dooterdude11 wrote:
thecilent wrote:

Is this a good sign?

It would have to be one hell of a semester to make a difference..

Yeah, good point. I don't know, but it's driving me nuts wondering.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:57 pm

dooterdude11 wrote:
thecilent wrote:

Is this a good sign?

Maybe they just want to brag in some form in another (class profile sheet?) how many 4.0s they've accepted. If you were still going to school, I'd say this is a good sign since even if you had a 3.8 or so and your grades stayed the same, you would've gotten in. But for someone who already graduated? So much for a holistic review not catching that...

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Maybe it's a soft form of YP. Say you've got a 4.0, a good LSAT score, and you've already gotten into Harvard. It might not be worth it to you to update at Columbia. If you're willing to update, they know you're still taking them seriously. Just a thought!

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:01 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
dooterdude11 wrote:
thecilent wrote:

Is this a good sign?

Maybe they just want to brag in some form in another (class profile sheet?) how many 4.0s they've accepted. If you were still going to school, I'd say this is a good sign since even if you had a 3.8 or so and your grades stayed the same, you would've gotten in. But for someone who already graduated? So much for a holistic review not catching that...

Shooting for a 4.0 75 %ile? That would be crazy.

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:04 pm

bdubs wrote:Shooting for a 4.0 75 %ile? That would be crazy impossible.

Unless they wanted some of the worst LSAT stats in the T14...

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:07 pm

So I've been sitting at "Completion Pending" for about a month now (submitted Nov 3). All of the boxes are checked on the status page, but I have yet to receive a Complete e-mail or a change in status.

Is this normal???

Site says "We kindly ask that you allow at least two weeks from the date of your last submission for completion to occur." Considering that it's been twice that long I was considering calling. Anyone else have any insight?

dooterdude11

Postby dooterdude11 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:10 pm

eskimo wrote:Maybe it's a soft form of YP. Say you've got a 4.0, a good LSAT score, and you've already gotten into Harvard. It might not be worth it to you to update at Columbia. If you're willing to update, they know you're still taking them seriously. Just a thought!

My LSAT isn't high enough that I would consider myself an auto admit at Columbia, though it is right around the median.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:35 pm

bdubs wrote:So I've been sitting at "Completion Pending" for about a month now (submitted Nov 3). All of the boxes are checked on the status page, but I have yet to receive a Complete e-mail or a change in status.

Is this normal???

Site says "We kindly ask that you allow at least two weeks from the date of your last submission for completion to occur." Considering that it's been twice that long I was considering calling. Anyone else have any insight?

Am I the only one? I am definitely calling tomorrow. I need to resolve this before I go on vacation.

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:40 pm

bdubs wrote:
bdubs wrote:So I've been sitting at "Completion Pending" for about a month now (submitted Nov 3). All of the boxes are checked on the status page, but I have yet to receive a Complete e-mail or a change in status.

Is this normal???

Am I the only one? I am definitely calling tomorrow. I need to resolve this before I go on vacation.

Don't worry, I'm still "Completing Pending" as well even though I submitted on 11/10 and all my boxes are checked. I think CLS is notoriously slow for completing these files.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:46 pm

bdubs wrote:

Is this normal???

It definitely took me way longer than 2 weeks to go complete... I think it was almost four weeks. Update is probably imminent. All the same, if it'll take your mind off of it for your vacation, I'm sure calling would put your mind to rest; they couldn't mind, since it has been twice as long as they said to wait.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:48 pm

bdubs wrote:

Is this normal???

These seems odd. You probably applied at a high volume time, but I would call anyway to make sure nothing's wrong.

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:51 pm

I was still completion pending until 12/1, when I emailed to check that I was still being considered ED. They wrote me back a few hours later to tell me I was complete, ED, and was under review. I got the complete email a little later.

I hope it doesn't hurt to check, because I did, and I think they might just be bad about updating the status checker.

vertex

Postby vertex » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:22 pm

Tomorrow's the big day, everyone!!

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:35 pm

I finally went complete! Was that not the sweetest complete email ever? Loving them even more than ever. *sigh* if only my stats gave me a realistic shot at this pipe dream... :?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”