Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Confused7 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Held as well. :( Do we send in LOCIs and additional LORs now? The letter only same updated transcript I think...

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby rundoxierun » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Yeah this is ridiculous.. I mean how hard is it to decide yay or nay?

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ahduth » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:16 pm

r6_philly wrote:
pastadog wrote:r6 are we decided on what not being held means? no news good news?


We may have to start a thread like the Harvard forgotten.

I expect a ding email now.


Same. I don't understand what they're doing, but based on the numbers coming across it's better to be in this group than out of it?

User avatar
moxiepostulate
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby moxiepostulate » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Seems likes its just an automated system that they started running this afternoon. Probably by completion date or last reviewed date.

Since it's been going for hours, it indicates to me that there are a couple thousand of these going out. What do you wager? Maybe 2/3 of all who've applied? Ha.

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby timmna » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:17 pm

So can a decision come at any time now? Or definitely not hearing back until April?

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby arism87 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:17 pm

I don't think CLS is gaining any favor with these moves..

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:17 pm

Guess they just got too many qualified applicants so it's up to the held people to go above and beyond with LOCIs, visits, transcript updates, etc to prove you are worthy.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:17 pm

alphamoose wrote:The Columbia Forgotten? I am living in fear of my mailbox and gmail now.


TITCR

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby gatorgirl4life » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:17 pm

held at 5:52 EST...1st non-acceptance of the cycle. :cry:

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:17 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Yeah this is ridiculous.. I mean how hard is it to decide yay or nay?


Seriously. I mean I only applied over 4 months ago and have like 10 other decisions :|.

User avatar
ebeth
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ebeth » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:18 pm

rs2004 wrote:
alphamoose wrote:
Fresh wrote:No offense columbia but this is dumb. we need method in madness, and you don't have any. I'm not mad at you (yet), but please esplain




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZA6na-w ... re=related



over 8000 applications for 300 odd seats...columbia is a top school and could very well be that many of those applications had high numbers (too high to be rejected outright). this really sucks though. sorry guys.


Yes but they admit a whole lot more than 300 people.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:18 pm

moxiepostulate wrote:Seems likes its just an automated system that they started running this afternoon. Probably by completion date or last reviewed date.

Since it's been going for hours, it indicates to me that there are a couple thousand of these going out. What do you wager? Maybe 2/3 of all who've applied? Ha.


They are putting EVERYONE on ice until they receive more apps by 2/15. Because of a huge drop in applications.

That's what I am wildly speculating.

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Muenchen » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:18 pm

dulcatis wrote:
alphamoose wrote:The Columbia Forgotten? I am living in fear of my mailbox and gmail now.


TITCR


I am also one of the forgotten.

mycousinvinny56
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:17 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby mycousinvinny56 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Are they sending out holds to this ridiculously diverse group of applicants simply because they want to get responses out to applicants, even though they still have a lot of files to review in greater depth? Maybe they're giving people a glimmer of hope re: Columbia admission as they start to attend ASWs at other schools and make their decisions as to what school they will attend? Are all the acceptances so far "auto-admits"? I know this might sound like a ridiculous theory...What does this all mean?!

User avatar
mel2010
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby mel2010 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:18 pm

My theory is that they're sick of people calling/e-mailing about their status so they said eff it, we'll tell everyone they're held, and then keep on our business of...pretending to process decisions.

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby timmna » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:18 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:held at 5:52 EST...1st non-acceptance of the cycle. :cry:


Aw, sorry! A lot of URMs are being held though.

somewhere
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby somewhere » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Can folks who were held post their submission/complete dates?

I applied 11/29 but took December LSAT and received complete email on 1/14.

No word since then.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:19 pm

mycousinvinny56 wrote:Are they sending out holds to this ridiculously diverse group of applicants simply because they want to get responses out to applicants, even though they still have a lot of files to review in greater depth? Maybe they're giving people a glimmer of hope re: Columbia admission as they start to attend ASWs at other schools and make their decisions as to what school they will attend? Are all the acceptances so far "auto-admits"? I know this might sound like a ridiculous theory...What does this all mean?!


There have been acceptances all over the board.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:19 pm

ebeth wrote:Yes but they admit a whole lot more than 300 people.


1200+

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:19 pm

somewhere wrote:Can folks who were held post their submission/complete dates?

I applied 11/29 but took December LSAT and received complete email on 1/14.

No word since then.


Submitted mid-Oct, not sure when I went complete.

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby sarahlawg » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:19 pm

r6_philly wrote:
moxiepostulate wrote:Seems likes its just an automated system that they started running this afternoon. Probably by completion date or last reviewed date.

Since it's been going for hours, it indicates to me that there are a couple thousand of these going out. What do you wager? Maybe 2/3 of all who've applied? Ha.


They are putting EVERYONE on ice until they receive more apps by 2/15. Because of a huge drop in applications.

That's what I am wildly speculating.


2/15 is their app deadline?

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby arism87 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:19 pm

It annoys me that law schools consider being held a "decision"

a la, "please see this pdf file for your decision"

I SEE NO DECISION HERE.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Knock wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Yeah this is ridiculous.. I mean how hard is it to decide yay or nay?


Seriously. I mean I only applied over 4 months ago and have like 10 other decisions :|.


Oh lucky you :roll:

:lol:

User avatar
moxiepostulate
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby moxiepostulate » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:20 pm

r6_philly wrote:
moxiepostulate wrote:Seems likes its just an automated system that they started running this afternoon. Probably by completion date or last reviewed date.

Since it's been going for hours, it indicates to me that there are a couple thousand of these going out. What do you wager? Maybe 2/3 of all who've applied? Ha.


They are putting EVERYONE on ice until they receive more apps by 2/15. Because of a huge drop in applications.

That's what I am wildly speculating.


Ya know, that may not be so wild after all! Best explanation I've heard so far...

Start talkin' CLS. Seriously, this sort of silliness requires a blog post.

CM612
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby CM612 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:20 pm

mel2010 wrote:My theory is that they're sick of people calling/e-mailing about their status so they said eff it, we'll tell everyone they're held, and then keep on our business of...pretending to process decisions making snowmen.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: henryyou, xnsch and 17 guests