Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:55 pm

...someone posts pics of a snow-covered NYC
...someone discusses blizzards affecting mail
...someone speculates about a second, third, fourth wave
...someone comments on seeing their mailman
...someone complains about Columbia sending decisions via snail mail
...someone calls Columbia admissions office or requests someone to

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Weirdlog » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:59 pm

Knock wrote:...someone posts pics of a snow-covered NYC
...someone discusses blizzards affecting mail
...someone speculates about a second, third, fourth wave
...someone comments on seeing their mailman
...someone complains about Columbia sending decisions via snail mail
...someone calls Columbia admissions office or requests someone to


...someone discusses going to NYU over Columbia
...someone mentions "Butler" or "Hamilton" (chug a full beer if referring to the profession or the Founding Father)

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:01 pm

kk the full list so far (I really liked butler as a profession):

The CLS Admissions Office Drinking Game
Take a shot every time...

...someone mentions checking their mailbox
...someone mentions a GULC package being used as a VCE indicator
...someone asks what a VCE is
...someone created a CLS-related lolcat
...someone attempts to predict when a VCE would arrive using the USPS calculator
...someone from California gets upset about the weather
...someone trolls those asking what VCEs are by making up fake explanations
...someone asks for dulc's spreadsheet
...knock updates his vomit map
...someone quotes knock's vomit map
...someone makes a Gossip Girl reference
...someone announces they received a VCE without listing their postmark date, index, URM/non, etc.
...someone posts pics of a snow-covered NYC
...someone discusses blizzards affecting mail
...someone speculates about a second, third, fourth wave
...someone comments on seeing their mailman
...someone complains about Columbia sending decisions via snail mail
...someone calls Columbia admissions office or requests someone to
...someone discusses going to NYU over Columbia
...someone mentions "Butler" or "Hamilton" (chug a full beer if referring to the profession or the Founding Father)

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:01 pm

camelcrema wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:So Knock and I were talking about how the CLS admissions people would laugh at us if they read this thread, so:

The CLS Admissions Office Drinking Game
Take a shot every time...

...someone mentions checking their mailbox
...someone mentions a GULC package being used as a VCE indicator
...someone asks what a VCE is
...someone created a CLS-related lolcat
...someone attempts to predict when a VCE would arrive using the USPS calculator
...someone from California gets upset about the weather

...someone trolls those asking what VCEs are by making up fake explanations
...someone asks for dulc's spreadsheet
...knock updates his vomit map
...someone quotes knock's vomit map

:D


Prepare for the following posts from me:

12:00PM - No mail yet.

12:30PM - Victorian Certificate of Education.

1:00PM - The blizzard in New York iz getting ridiculouz.

1:30PM - Accrding to Postal Servis, GULC package shipped on 1/32 shud have arrivde tomorrw, but itz hear nao. Thoughtsts?

2:30PM - You guysss are the besttttttt. SErrriousssullylyy. Alll of youuuuuu.


:lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Fresh » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:04 pm

dulcatis wrote:
The CLS Admissions Office Drinking Game
Take a shot every time...

...someone uses the phrase "give up hope"

dianaw
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby dianaw » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:06 pm

...or every time you finish reading this thread, you refresh only to find new posts, and this happens >3 times

User avatar
jdstl
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jdstl » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:08 pm

Envelope finally came. Hamilton in St. Louis!

Wonder if I'm the inaugural member of the Hamilton/held at Harvard club.
Last edited by jdstl on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:09 pm

jdstl wrote:Envelope finally came. Hamilton in St. Louis!


... postmark?

:mrgreen:

and HUGE congrats!!!

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:10 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
jdstl wrote:Envelope finally came. Hamilton in St. Louis!


... postmark?

:mrgreen:

and HUGE congrats!!!

User avatar
camelcrema
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby camelcrema » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:12 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
jdstl wrote:Envelope finally came. Hamilton in St. Louis!


... postmark?

:mrgreen:

and HUGE congrats!!!



--ImageRemoved--

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:13 pm

camelcrema wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
jdstl wrote:Envelope finally came. Hamilton in St. Louis!


... postmark?

:mrgreen:

and HUGE congrats!!!



--ImageRemoved--


TITCR

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:14 pm

dulcatis wrote:
camelcrema wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
jdstl wrote:Envelope finally came. Hamilton in St. Louis!


... postmark?

:mrgreen:

and HUGE congrats!!!



--ImageRemoved--


TITCR


Poor CLS staff...

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:15 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:Poor CLS staff...


It explains why the envelopes are vomit-colored? XD

beadedcortinas
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:36 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby beadedcortinas » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:59 pm

I never really post on these forums, I mostly lurk around, but I thought I'd share that I got accepted last week! Application complete 01/06 and received the letter last Wednesday, 01/26. So hopefully the mid-January completes will hear some good news soon =)

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby CosmoLaw » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:01 pm

beadedcortinas wrote:I never really post on these forums, I mostly lurk around, but I thought I'd share that I got accepted last week! Application complete 01/06 and received the letter last Wednesday, 01/26. So hopefully the mid-January completes will hear some good news soon =)



Congratulations... what was the date on the letter?

User avatar
dot
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby dot » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:07 pm

dulcatis wrote:kk the full list so far (I really liked butler as a profession):

The CLS Admissions Office Drinking Game
Take a shot every time...

...someone mentions checking their mailbox
...someone mentions a GULC package being used as a VCE indicator
...someone asks what a VCE is
...someone created a CLS-related lolcat
...someone attempts to predict when a VCE would arrive using the USPS calculator
...someone from California gets upset about the weather
...someone trolls those asking what VCEs are by making up fake explanations
...someone asks for dulc's spreadsheet
...knock updates his vomit map
...someone quotes knock's vomit map
...someone makes a Gossip Girl reference
...someone announces they received a VCE without listing their postmark date, index, URM/non, etc.
...someone posts pics of a snow-covered NYC
...someone discusses blizzards affecting mail
...someone speculates about a second, third, fourth wave
...someone comments on seeing their mailman
...someone complains about Columbia sending decisions via snail mail
...someone calls Columbia admissions office or requests someone to
...someone discusses going to NYU over Columbia
...someone mentions "Butler" or "Hamilton" (chug a full beer if referring to the profession or the Founding Father)

Apparently you guys want to die before getting your VCEs.

User avatar
camelcrema
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby camelcrema » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:11 pm

dot wrote:
dulcatis wrote:kk the full list so far (I really liked butler as a profession):

The CLS Admissions Office Drinking Game
Take a shot every time...

...someone mentions checking their mailbox
...someone mentions a GULC package being used as a VCE indicator
...someone asks what a VCE is
...someone created a CLS-related lolcat
...someone attempts to predict when a VCE would arrive using the USPS calculator
...someone from California gets upset about the weather
...someone trolls those asking what VCEs are by making up fake explanations
...someone asks for dulc's spreadsheet
...knock updates his vomit map
...someone quotes knock's vomit map
...someone makes a Gossip Girl reference
...someone announces they received a VCE without listing their postmark date, index, URM/non, etc.
...someone posts pics of a snow-covered NYC
...someone discusses blizzards affecting mail
...someone speculates about a second, third, fourth wave
...someone comments on seeing their mailman
...someone complains about Columbia sending decisions via snail mail
...someone calls Columbia admissions office or requests someone to
...someone discusses going to NYU over Columbia
...someone mentions "Butler" or "Hamilton" (chug a full beer if referring to the profession or the Founding Father)

Apparently you guys want to die before getting your VCEs.



--ImageRemoved--

Edit: anyone know what that vodka is?
Last edited by camelcrema on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beadedcortinas
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:36 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby beadedcortinas » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:11 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
beadedcortinas wrote:I never really post on these forums, I mostly lurk around, but I thought I'd share that I got accepted last week! Application complete 01/06 and received the letter last Wednesday, 01/26. So hopefully the mid-January completes will hear some good news soon =)



Congratulations... what was the date on the letter?



Thanks, the letter was dated 01/24--I live in NJ so it didn't have too far to travel.

bendurnotes4me
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bendurnotes4me » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:12 pm

Does anyone know if Columbia waits for your most recent LSAT report to go complete? I had all my components in in mid-October but I retook the LSAT in December and I didn't go complete until January 14th. Did this happen to anyone else?

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thecilent » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:13 pm

That drinking game list is priceless. Edit: vertex put it in op

Congrats on the Hamilton!
Last edited by thecilent on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby champsound » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:15 pm

camelcrema wrote:
dot wrote:
dulcatis wrote:kk the full list so far (I really liked butler as a profession):

The CLS Admissions Office Drinking Game
Take a shot every time...

...someone mentions checking their mailbox
...someone mentions a GULC package being used as a VCE indicator
...someone asks what a VCE is
...someone created a CLS-related lolcat
...someone attempts to predict when a VCE would arrive using the USPS calculator
...someone from California gets upset about the weather
...someone trolls those asking what VCEs are by making up fake explanations
...someone asks for dulc's spreadsheet
...knock updates his vomit map
...someone quotes knock's vomit map
...someone makes a Gossip Girl reference
...someone announces they received a VCE without listing their postmark date, index, URM/non, etc.
...someone posts pics of a snow-covered NYC
...someone discusses blizzards affecting mail
...someone speculates about a second, third, fourth wave
...someone comments on seeing their mailman
...someone complains about Columbia sending decisions via snail mail
...someone calls Columbia admissions office or requests someone to
...someone discusses going to NYU over Columbia
...someone mentions "Butler" or "Hamilton" (chug a full beer if referring to the profession or the Founding Father)

Apparently you guys want to die before getting your VCEs.



--ImageRemoved--

Edit: anyone know what that vodka is?


Prazdnichnaya. Same distiller in Moscow that makes Stoli.

Edit: They might add some sugar to it, but I forget.

Edit: Spelling fail.
Last edited by champsound on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jd2014! » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:23 pm

Long story short, I got an email reply from CLS admissions saying it might be a couple of weeks before they send out my decision letter. My heart hurts.

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Fresh » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:24 pm

jd2014! wrote:Long story short, I got an email reply from CLS admissions saying it might be a couple of weeks before they send out my decision letter. My heart hurts.


!?!! what did u ask them?!

User avatar
camelcrema
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby camelcrema » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:25 pm

champsound wrote:
Prazdnichaya. Same distiller in Moscow that makes Stoli.

Edit: They might add some sugar to it, but I forget.


That sounds fantastic. I've never seen it anywhere; love the name though.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Fresh wrote:
jd2014! wrote:Long story short, I got an email reply from CLS admissions saying it might be a couple of weeks before they send out my decision letter. My heart hurts.


!?!! what did u ask them?!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dala77, Thomas Hagan, ESQ. and 11 guests