Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Knock

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
camelcrema wrote:You know, California is not completely immune to bad weather either. It's kind of foggy today. :mrgreen:

Oh you Californians :x *shakes fist*

No VCEs today?

My mail doesn't come for a few more hours!

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:09 pm

Knock wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
camelcrema wrote:You know, California is not completely immune to bad weather either. It's kind of foggy today. :mrgreen:

Oh you Californians :x *shakes fist*

No VCEs today?

My mail doesn't come for a few more hours!

Knock will save the day!

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:10 pm

Yeah, I had to turn on the heat, its in the low 60's right now and I'm freezing. Visiting my sister at Columbia (undergrad) last week, reminded me what it was like to be cold. In the three years since undergrad in New England, I have turned into a giant baby when it comes to weather...

camelcrema

Postby camelcrema » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:18 pm

chasgoose wrote:

Yeah, I had to turn on the heat, its in the low 60's right now and I'm freezing. Visiting my sister at Columbia (undergrad) last week, reminded me what it was like to be cold. In the three years since undergrad in New England, I have turned into a giant baby when it comes to weather...

This is definitely a concern of mine. Grew up and went to undergrad in Northern California. Not sure how I would survive out east.

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Pleeeeease put spreadsheet in OP. :D I've lost track of in all these pages...

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:19 pm

camelcrema wrote:
chasgoose wrote:

This is definitely a concern of mine. Grew up and went to undergrad in Northern California. Not sure how I would survive out east.

Haha, i'm concerned about that as well. Especially with all this blizzard talk.

MPeterson

Postby MPeterson » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:20 pm

No VCE yet in alabama. Got the gtown packet yesterday. Any hope?

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:26 pm

Knock wrote:
camelcrema wrote:
chasgoose wrote:

I mean somehow I managed in college...but only barely. I remember one time I was walking to class (actually right past the building for a certain law school I will unfortunately never get into) and it was so cold I couldn't feel my legs. I had only been outside for about 5 minutes.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:27 pm

chasgoose wrote:
Knock wrote:
camelcrema wrote:
chasgoose wrote:

I mean somehow I managed in college...but only barely. I remember one time I was walking to class (actually right past the building for a certain law school I will unfortunately never get into) and it was so cold I couldn't feel my legs. I had only been outside for about 5 minutes.

:shock:. Any chance they will be able to put a big dome over NYC before I head out there?

Postby 4102011 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Knock, that would get super gross super fast.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/a ... aph/10013#

Note the "icy" that starts at 9 PM.

camelcrema

Postby camelcrema » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:33 pm

chasgoose wrote:

Was it because you had made the west-coast mistake of deciding that shorts could be worn through the end of November?

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:34 pm

dulcatis wrote:Knock, that would get super gross super fast.

I'm pretty sure they did it on the Simpsons and it worked out fine.

Postby 4102011 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:35 pm

So Knock and I were talking about how the CLS admissions people would laugh at us if they read this thread, so:

The CLS Admissions Office Drinking Game
Take a shot every time...

...someone mentions checking their mailbox
...someone mentions a GULC package being used as a VCE indicator
...someone asks what a VCE is
...someone created a CLS-related lolcat
...someone attempts to predict when a VCE would arrive using the USPS calculator
...someone from California gets upset about the weather

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Knock wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Dome

Yah I read this and thought that no, no I would not like this to happen. I shall take the weather.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:36 pm

dulcatis wrote:So Knock and I were talking about how the CLS admissions people would laugh at us if they read this thread, so:

...someone attempts to predict when a VCE would arrive using the USPS calculator

:lol: :lol: :lol:. Love it.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:37 pm

MPeterson wrote:No VCE yet in alabama. Got the gtown packet yesterday. Any hope?

For your stats, I'm sure. There are so many people with stellar numbers who are still waiting, CLS is obviously planning a wave of scholarship letters. It's we borderline candidates who might should be worried right about now.

Knock wrote:

Knock, <3. Also, I moved up from DC to NYC this year, and for the first month or so of cold (around mid-November was when it got unpleasantly cold) I was shell-shocked. DC is not warm in winter, of course, but I felt like NYC was significantly worse. However, by around the first of January I had definitely gotten used to it. A decent parka makes all the difference. A long parka can cover your legs. Or you can wear two (or more) pairs of pants. I have a great pair of thermal underwear for days in the teens. These things sound like major life changes when you talk about them, but when the time comes you just do it and don't really think about it that much.

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:37 pm

dulcatis wrote:So Knock and I were talking about how the CLS admissions people would laugh at us if they read this thread, so:

if the staff played this game, they're blacked out, face down in a ditch somewhere and we'll never get a VCE when we check our mailboxes (shot for mentioning mailbox checking).

gatorgirl4life

Postby gatorgirl4life » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:38 pm

Last edited by gatorgirl4life on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 4102011 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:38 pm

Fresh wrote:if the staff played this game, they're blacked out, face down in a ditch somewhere and we'll never get a VCE when we check our mailboxes (shot for mentioning mailbox checking).

THAT IS THE ONLY EXPLANATION OF WHY OUR VCES AREN'T HERE YET!

No seriously guys, add some more <3

akikaze

Postby akikaze » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:45 pm

camelcrema wrote:
chasgoose wrote:

I found a pair of sandals I got in Paris earlier this year, and have this urge to wear them. Damn the terrible weather today in San Francisco -- it's approx. 55F outside and is just too freaking cold!! Makes me want to go sunning in Los Angeles this weekend.
Last edited by akikaze on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:46 pm

...someone trolls those asking what VCEs are by making up fake explanations
...someone asks for dulc's spreadsheet
...knock updates his vomit map
...someone quotes knock's vomit map

:D

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:48 pm

camelcrema wrote:
chasgoose wrote:

Was it because you had made the west-coast mistake of deciding that shorts could be worn through the end of November?

No, I understand that you can't wear shorts all the time. My temperature threshhold for shorts is about 70 degrees. I'm pretty sure, however that the temperature was in the single digits and the street up to the grad school building is kind of a wind tunnel. A giant tall library on one side and the giant tallish law school on the other. It was most unpleasant.

Also, the mailtruck just arrived outside my apartment, unfortunately this means i have about half an hour before I get my mail because they always seem to hit my apartment last...

sgtgrumbles

Postby sgtgrumbles » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:50 pm

...someone makes a Gossip Girl reference
...someone announces they received a VCE without listing their postmark date, index, URM/non, etc.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:53 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:...someone makes a Gossip Girl reference
...someone announces they received a VCE without listing their postmark date, index, URM/non, etc.

Double shot.

camelcrema

Postby camelcrema » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:55 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:

...someone trolls those asking what VCEs are by making up fake explanations
...someone asks for dulc's spreadsheet
...knock updates his vomit map
...someone quotes knock's vomit map

:D

Prepare for the following posts from me:

12:00PM - No mail yet.

12:30PM - Victorian Certificate of Education.

1:00PM - The blizzard in New York iz getting ridiculouz.

1:30PM - Accrding to Postal Servis, GULC package shipped on 1/32 shud have arrivde tomorrw, but itz hear nao. Thoughtsts?

2:30PM - You guysss are the besttttttt. SErrriousssullylyy. Alll of youuuuuu.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”