Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Dany

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Dany » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:40 pm

I know, right? It needed the extra oomph.

...but really. This blows. Not just waiting for snail mail, but doing so with no indication that something is even coming...

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:42 pm

eskimo wrote:I know, right? It needed the extra oomph.

...but really. This blows. Not just waiting for snail mail, but doing so with no indication that something is even coming...

It's bullshit. And if they didn't send email to Canadians this year, which seems to be the case since no Canadian has reported one, that is low. Especially since they sent them last year.

7ED

Postby 7ED » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:44 pm

CastleRock wrote:
eskimo wrote:
The Real Jack McCoy wrote:VCE with Hamilton in Tejas.

holy shit, congrats! Leaning anywhere yet?

Also...

CastleRock wrote:Why can't they just use fucking email?!!??!?!?!?!?!???! :evil: :evil: :evil:

ftfy

...another day, no GULC packet, no Vandy decision, no CLS decision. I WANT MY FUCKING MAIL.

Thanks for clearing that up eski. My message gets accross much clearer the way you put it.

I wonder why? :roll:

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:02 pm

The Stig wrote:yeah, I'm not a big dubstep fan, more of this stuff - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0GhPSEyzos or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvAUHemPuMQ...(warning it takes 2 minutes to actually start; and also you might consider it boring :D )

Jesus that Dosem track is sick. My knowledge of techno is unfortunately limited to whoring off the Paxahau archives, going to Meiotic events here in Chicago and big names like Matthew Dear or Michael Mayer. That's good stuff though. :D

Dany

Postby Dany » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Just saw the birdie videos, this one's my fave! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXPNnGHNWdw

Dany

Postby Dany » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:17 pm

The Stig wrote:yeah, I'm not a big dubstep fan, more of this stuff - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0GhPSEyzos or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvAUHemPuMQ...(warning it takes 2 minutes to actually start; and also you might consider it boring :D )

Laughed really hard at the comment on the 2nd video: "i listened to this tripping and burst into tears it sounds so amazing"

The Real Jack McCoy

Postby The Real Jack McCoy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:18 pm

For those in Texas:

My letter had a date of 24th, and the time stamp on the postage was the 25th.

Thanks all for the congrats! I'm actually pretty surprised by the scholarship, to be honest. Good luck to those still waiting.

moxiepostulate

Postby moxiepostulate » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:19 pm

Got the GULC- postmarked 1/26. But no VCE. So I said eff it all, and went to the beach for an hour. Definitely pulled me out of the funk.

Effin' NYC with your snowstorms, cramping everyone's style. Also realizing that should I get VCE, this is the last year I'll be wearing a bathing suit outside in January for a looooong time. Seasonal Affective Disorder ahoy!

The Stig

Postby The Stig » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:42 pm

ahduth wrote:

Jesus that Dosem track is sick. My knowledge of techno is unfortunately limited to whoring off the Paxahau archives, going to Meiotic events here in Chicago and big names like Matthew Dear or Michael Mayer. That's good stuff though. :D

I'm glad you liked it! I actually just Matthew dear on wednesday, it was great! I'm really jealous that you are in Chicago... My friend lives there and the scene is apparently thriving, and while Detroit might be the birthplace of techno, I don't make it there as often as I should...(besides demf of course :D )

And to add to the conspiracy theories, I just got the admit packet (VCE on thursday), but still haven't gotten the gulc packet (though someone on this thread in my same town did)...
Last edited by The Stig on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Knock wrote:Mail came early today...GULC Package & NYU Pizza Box but no VCE :(.

Forgot to add, my GULC package was postmarked 01/25.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:21 pm

Holy shit this guy is retarded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y-s44TJ-Sg&NR=1

I don't know how the techno scene is in New York, I don't remember it being all that great when I was in school at NYU. Since I may be back at NYU... I guess I'll find out lol.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:34 pm

moxiepostulate wrote:Got the GULC- postmarked 1/26. But no VCE. So I said eff it all, and went to the beach for an hour. Definitely pulled me out of the funk.

Effin' NYC with your snowstorms, cramping everyone's style. Also realizing that should I get VCE, this is the last year I'll be wearing a bathing suit outside in January for a looooong time. Seasonal Affective Disorder ahoy!

Grrrrr. I not only did NOT get my GULC packet or a VCE in Cali today, but we had no mail whatsoever for the second day in a row. This is exactly what happened when I was waiting for my purple envelope, and I still refuse to believe that when there are 6 girls living in our apartment there are actually days when none of us get a single piece of mail - let alone for multiple days in a row. My mailperson totally fails!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Postby 4102011 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:37 pm

law_monkey wrote:
moxiepostulate wrote:Got the GULC- postmarked 1/26. But no VCE. So I said eff it all, and went to the beach for an hour. Definitely pulled me out of the funk.

Grrrrr. I not only did NOT get my GULC packet or a VCE in Cali today, but we had no mail whatsoever for the second day in a row. This is exactly what happened when I was waiting for my purple envelope, and I still refuse to believe that when there are 6 girls living in our apartment there are actually days when none of us get a single piece of mail - let alone for multiple days in a row. My mailperson totally fails!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I've gotten no mail for a week now. But I guess the snowstorm being here makes it make a bit more sense. BUT STILL. GRR!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:38 pm

dulcatis wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

I've gotten no mail for a week now. But I guess the snowstorm being here makes it make a bit more sense. BUT STILL. GRR!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yeah I was at the beach all day, so there's NO REASON the mail should be sucking where I'm at. But you're right that it's very frustrating regardless.

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:39 pm

law_monkey wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Yeah I was at the beach all day, so there's NO REASON the mail should be sucking where I'm at. But you're right that it's very frustrating regardless.

I got my GULC package (postmarked 01/25) so I think I might be heading for a waitlist. Oh well.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:45 pm

Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

I got my GULC package (postmarked 01/25) so I think I might be heading for a waitlist. Oh well.

Yeah I've given up now and am fully expecting a waitlist/ding. But then I realized that there was never a point where I was expecting anything else, so all is good and normal in the world. But I do wish I could have my GULC packet so I can be even more excited about the schools that do want me!

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:46 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
dulcatis wrote:

Yeah I've given up now and am fully expecting a waitlist/ding. But then I realized that there was never a point where I was expecting anything else, so all is good and normal in the world. But I do wish I could have my GULC packet so I can be even more excited about the schools that do want me!

Yeah, a WL at Columbia makes my decision fairly easy I think.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:50 pm

Knock wrote:Yeah, an WL acceptance at Columbia Stanford makes my your decision fairly easy I think.

FTFY! :D

And barring that happening would you choose NYU then?

Curry

Postby Curry » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:51 pm

Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Yeah, a WL at Columbia makes my decision fairly easy I think.

BoalTTT?

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:52 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:Yeah, an WL acceptance at Columbia Stanford makes my your decision fairly easy I think.

Berkeley most likely

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:54 pm

Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Berkeley most likely

My old roommate's there now. She loves it.

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:57 pm

I have three schools left to hear from. I wish they would get it over with it one way or another. I keep getting my hopes up.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:05 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:I have three schools left to hear from. I wish they would get it over with it one way or another. I keep getting my hopes up.

+1 I know that I should probably write them off, but a little piece of me keeps wondering what if?

Postby 4102011 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:10 pm

law_monkey wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:I have three schools left to hear from. I wish they would get it over with it one way or another. I keep getting my hopes up.

+1 I know that I should probably write them off, but a little piece of me keeps wondering what if?

I'm holding out for CLS at the very most until the end of next week, but probably just until I get my GULC package, & then I'm writing it off. Have written off YHS since the beginning, so this is it!

Kiwi917

Postby Kiwi917 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:18 pm

law_monkey wrote:

+1 I'm starting to have some regrets about applying to so many schools - still waiting to hear from 8. Part of me wants to withdraw from the rest since I am happy with my options so far, but I would probably be more frustrated by wondering "what if?"

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”