Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
law_monkey

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:07 pm

Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
The Stig wrote:I'm going to miss all this speculation when everyone gets their VCEs!

Ugh. Either way I'm just ready for this whole process to be OVER!!! It will be so great to be able to sit down and actually know my final list of options.

Seriously. We still have a ways to go if you're thinking about riding waitlists though.

Nope. I REALLLLYYYY need the best financial aid package possible, and if I don't get into a school until June there won't be any funding left. I already made a personal decision to not ride any waitlists a while ago, regardless of the school. And I withdrew from the one waitlist I've had so far within 5 minutes. Of course it helps that I already got my dream school, and I'm only waiting on my two mega-reaches. I'm not saying I don't want to get into Harvard or Columbia, just that I'm expecting dings even though you never know what might happen.

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:09 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
The Stig wrote:I'm going to miss all this speculation when everyone gets their VCEs!

Ugh. Either way I'm just ready for this whole process to be OVER!!! It will be so great to be able to sit down and actually know my final list of options.

Seriously. We still have a ways to go if you're thinking about riding waitlists though.

Nope. I REALLLLYYYY need the best financial aid package possible, and if I don't get into a school until June there won't be any funding left. I already made a personal decision to not ride any waitlists a while ago, regardless of the school. And I withdrew from the one waitlist I've had so far within 5 minutes. Of course it helps that I already got my dream school, and I'm only waiting on my two mega-reaches. I'm not saying I don't want to get into Harvard or Columbia, just that I'm expecting dings even though you never know what might happen.

What's your dream school? And conragts on the cycle, btw!

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:10 pm

for glitched: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYv1_EWWUuw

i'm so over this waiting game, columbia needs me more than i need them. harvard actually calls people, and they're HARVARD. they've also completely forgotten about me too, but what the hey.

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:11 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Haha, well I will probably ride the waitlist at a few schools :P.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:13 pm

RJ127 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

What's your dream school? And conragts on the cycle, btw!

Thanks! And Penn. I've been freakishly obsessed with it for quite a while now. :D

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:20 pm

Looking at last year's thread, waitlists/rejections should be coming out in February...If we don't get the VCE in this batch, should we think about writing a LOCI or waiting until being possibly waitlisted?

glitched

Postby glitched » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:33 pm

ahduth wrote:for glitched: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYv1_EWWUuw

i'm so over this waiting game, columbia needs me more than i need them. harvard actually calls people, and they're HARVARD. they've also completely forgotten about me too, but what the hey.

hahaha doode i was literally in the middle of that exact link when you posted this. that drop is crazy. you want something dirty? this is almost as dirty as it gets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B5MWa5j ... _embedded#

But on an on-topic note, no VCE in LA. haha oh well.

Squishy

Postby Squishy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:36 pm

fyi: i got the envelope today here in the bay area (oakland). dunno why i'm getting mail on sunday.

edit: oh, that's why. cuz it's saturday. :|

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:37 pm

law_monkey wrote: Thanks! And Penn. I've been freakishly obsessed with it for quite a while now. :D

Well if Penn is what you want, I'll gladly take that NYU acceptance off your hands for you :mrgreen:

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:37 pm

Squishy wrote:fyi: i got the envelope today here in the bay area (oakland). dunno why i'm getting mail on sunday.

Someone's been partying a little too hard :lol:

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:42 pm

Squishy wrote:fyi: i got the envelope today here in the bay area (oakland). dunno why i'm getting mail on sunday.

My nomination for best post of the week.

Squishy

Postby Squishy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:44 pm

and i was wondering why the thread had suddenly stopped speculating on saturday... :oops:

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:44 pm

RJ127 wrote:
law_monkey wrote: Thanks! And Penn. I've been freakishly obsessed with it for quite a while now. :D

Well if Penn is what you want, I'll gladly take that NYU acceptance off your hands for you :mrgreen:

Haha I'd be lying if I said I don't find NYU tempting. I haven't visited either school yet, so it's not entirely impossible for me to change my mind there. Hopefully you'll get your own purple envelope soon - right alongside your VCE!

Postby 4102011 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:45 pm

CastleRock wrote:

ahahaha +1 :)

going to check my mail in an hourish. maybe. whenever i feel motivated to get my ass off the couch and go downstairs :/

The Stig

Postby The Stig » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:45 pm

glitched wrote:
ahduth wrote:for glitched: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYv1_EWWUuw

hahaha doode i was literally in the middle of that exact link when you posted this. that drop is crazy. you want something dirty? this is almost as dirty as it gets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B5MWa5j ... _embedded#

But on an on-topic note, no VCE in LA. haha oh well.

I can't resist - How to Dance to Dubstep (I'm sure you have probably already seen this...)

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:46 pm

CastleRock wrote:

bistduverrueckt

Postby bistduverrueckt » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:46 pm

CastleRock wrote:

I second. That post made me giggle.

bellamy

Postby bellamy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:50 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
CastleRock wrote:

What is it dated?

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:57 pm

bellamy wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
CastleRock wrote:

What is it dated?

Haha I'm surprised no one else asked that all important question yet.

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Confused7 wrote:Looking at last year's thread, waitlists/rejections should be coming out in February...If we don't get the VCE in this batch, should we think about writing a LOCI or waiting until being possibly waitlisted?

Thoughts?

lshamlet

Postby lshamlet » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:02 pm

It's probably bad form to write a LOCI less than a week after decisions first begin.

glitched

Postby glitched » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Confused7 wrote:
Confused7 wrote:Looking at last year's thread, waitlists/rejections should be coming out in February...If we don't get the VCE in this batch, should we think about writing a LOCI or waiting until being possibly waitlisted?

Thoughts?

i think decisions are made already. they just haven't been shipped. so the LOCI won't do anything if you submitted before jan? And it won't do anything if they havn't even read your file yet. so just wait for the WL.

edit: and they're columbia. unless you're a 4.0/180, they know you have continued interest.

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:04 pm

glitched wrote:
Confused7 wrote:

Thoughts?

i think decisions are made already. they just haven't been shipped. so the LOCI won't do anything if you submitted before jan? And it won't do anything if they havn't even read your file yet. so just wait for the WL.

edit: and they're columbia. unless you're a 4.0/180, they know you have continued interest.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Am still hoping to avoid the WL/rejection pile here in NYC...:(

Squishy

Postby Squishy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:15 pm

bellamy wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
CastleRock wrote:

What is it dated?

Well, my gf got the package. I left the apartment even though I saw the postman coming...cuz I thought, "How could someone be delivering mail on Sunday?" (!!)

It turns out, I got a white envelope, sent by prepaid priority mail (no date), that has the admitted students welcome binder. And it says "congrats again..."

Is that weird?

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:26 pm

The Stig wrote:I can't resist - How to Dance to Dubstep (I'm sure you have probably already seen this...)

That bird just kicked my ass. I so don't get all this stuff - this is dubstep? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RVKLcaIAE8

I mean I'm all good with it, I dunno about the vocals, and I want moar bass, but... I can't get my head around this genre.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”