Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
padthai
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby padthai » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:31 am

Just called the USPS office to ask about some random stuff. Decided to ask if there were any mail delays in the NE as a result of the snowstorm...."yes, there have been significant delays"

Hope lives!

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:43 am

eskimo wrote:I don't like pets/animals in general. Just pictures of them.


This is creepy.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:52 am

padthai wrote:Just called the USPS office to ask about some random stuff. Decided to ask if there were any mail delays in the NE as a result of the snowstorm...."yes, there have been significant delays"

Hope lives!


I love you <3

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Dany » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:52 am

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
eskimo wrote:I don't like pets/animals in general. Just pictures of them.


This is creepy.

? I think pictures of animals (i.e. cute puppies/lolcats) are funny. However, I don't like taking care of animals, I think they're generally pretty annoying, and I've had far too many shoes/outfits ruined for me to still like them. But something like this:

--ImageRemoved--

how could anyone hate that?

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
eskimo wrote:I don't like pets/animals in general. Just pictures of them.

*Proposes* I'll just ignore the bolded.

:mrgreen:

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Dany » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:56 am

dulcatis wrote:
padthai wrote:Just called the USPS office to ask about some random stuff. Decided to ask if there were any mail delays in the NE as a result of the snowstorm...."yes, there have been significant delays"

Hope lives!


I love you <3

+1 maybe my letter is just delayed!

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:05 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
eskimo wrote:I don't like pets/animals in general. Just pictures of them.


This is creepy.


Hahaha.

Also... just got mail in Brooklyn. No vom, no GULC. Jeez Loueez. Maybe there will be another mail delivery later today!... I'm delusional.

amkid100
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby amkid100 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:08 pm

this might have already been addressed, but i'm not so sure GULC is a good proxy for VCE.

isn't it possible that GULC is mailing them out in batches, depending on when you were accepted? i'm too lazy to figure that out, but it seems plausible to me.

CT44
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby CT44 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Wanted to post - I noticed that my letter is dated 1/26 - seems like there's definitely multiple batches.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:28 pm

CT44 wrote:Wanted to post - I noticed that my letter is dated 1/26 - seems like there's definitely multiple batches.


There's another one!!!!!!!! Craziness confirmed! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby c_dubya_s » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:31 pm

law_monkey wrote:
CT44 wrote:Wanted to post - I noticed that my letter is dated 1/26 - seems like there's definitely multiple batches.


There's another one!!!!!!!! Craziness confirmed! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:D x 10 billion

Seems like the second batch is going out much slower than the first--it probably got delayed much more by the storm than the first batch did.

User avatar
tgir
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby tgir » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:43 pm

My letter was dated 1/24, and I didn't receive it until 1/28. And that's with it traveling to relatively nearby Boston.

Combined with the fact that we know some letters are dated 1/26, I think people should hold out hope until at least Monday the 31st.

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby CosmoLaw » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:07 pm

tgir wrote:My letter was dated 1/24, and I didn't receive it until 1/28. And that's with it traveling to relatively nearby Boston.

Combined with the fact that we know some letters are dated 1/26, I think people should hold out hope until at least Monday the 31st.


Atleast Feb. 2nd for the Canadians.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:11 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
tgir wrote:My letter was dated 1/24, and I didn't receive it until 1/28. And that's with it traveling to relatively nearby Boston.

Combined with the fact that we know some letters are dated 1/26, I think people should hold out hope until at least Monday the 31st.


Atleast Feb. 2nd for the Canadians.


I actually don't know how much hope I should be holding onto since the other LA letters were out here in 2 days, so if I had one sent the 26th it should have arrived yesterday. Any mail checking on my part is going to be done with just a small maybe in the back of my mind from now on. :? But east coasters should definitely still keep the hope alive!!!

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby glitched » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:15 pm

well if the storm started on the 26th, it couldnt have been shipped out on the 26th. so it woudl actually leave NY on the next day that it could go out. But the 24th would have left NY before the storm so it arrived on schedule.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:16 pm

glitched wrote:well if the storm started on the 26th, it couldnt have been shipped out on the 26th. so it woudl actually leave NY on the next day that it could go out. But the 24th would have left NY before the storm so it arrived on schedule.


Haha so I'm allowed to cross my fingers for...today. :shock:

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby The Stig » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:26 pm

I'm going to miss all this speculation when everyone gets their VCEs!

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:32 pm

The Stig wrote:I'm going to miss all this speculation when everyone gets their VCEs!


Ugh. Either way I'm just ready for this whole process to be OVER!!! It will be so great to be able to sit down and actually know my final list of options.

politico2011
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby politico2011 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:35 pm

got the vce and gulc two days ago, and today an admitted students binder from columbia that was separate from the vce...my roommate got into gulc and still has nothing from them or columbia, so keep the faith, sometimes the mail just doesn't make sense.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:35 pm

law_monkey wrote:
The Stig wrote:I'm going to miss all this speculation when everyone gets their VCEs!


Ugh. Either way I'm just ready for this whole process to be OVER!!! It will be so great to be able to sit down and actually know my final list of options.


Seriously. We still have a ways to go if you're thinking about riding waitlists though.

boushi
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby boushi » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:42 pm

In keeping with the neurotic speculation, I was wondering if a few people who were admitted could indicate roughly where in the alphabet their last name falls (first 1/4, etc.). If they truly have been sending out two or more waves of acceptance packets, it stands to reason that they formed a master list of admitted candidates prior to the first wave and simply ran out of time/resources/whatever to get them all out in one day. If that were the case, the order of sending the packets would probably just conform to a master list, which would probably either be sorted by name or LSAC number.

Honestly, in looking at LSN, there doesn't seem to be nearly enough admits yet, especially among those with HYS numbers, to indicate Columbia's first major wave has completely crashed.

I'm a 4.4 index October applicant who is just looking for a sliver of hope, by the way. My mailing address is in upstate NY, but my last name is towards the end of the alphabet. Obviously this theory is biased towards self preservation.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:51 pm

law_monkey wrote:
The Stig wrote:I'm going to miss all this speculation when everyone gets their VCEs!


Ugh. Either way I'm just ready for this whole process to be OVER!!! It will be so great to be able to sit down and actually know my final list of options.


SERIOUSLY. I would like to know which schools I'll be choosing from already. Argh!

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bistduverrueckt » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:55 pm

Another day, another lack of VCE and GULC packet. Maybe my mail just disappears?

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Confused7 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:56 pm

Did anyone get the VCE yesterday? in the NE?

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Weirdlog » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:59 pm

Confused7 wrote:Did anyone get the VCE yesterday? in the NE?


Not me, and I'm in the NE--but I also have still been completely mail-less since Tuesday.

User avatar
tgir
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby tgir » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Confused7 wrote:Did anyone get the VCE yesterday? in the NE?


I did.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ellielaw, Google Adsense [Bot], Houzy, joezze, okf731, reydingo, Smc1994, tinafeyclone, turkeyncheese and 18 guests