Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby starrydreamz3 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:35 pm

Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:Does Columbia use some sort of an LSAT floor for reverse splitters? My index is 4.33, but LSAT is only 170.

Maybe that's why I didn't hear back today. :(


According to LSN, Columbia accepted 4 applicants with a 170 LSAT and above a 3.9. The rest (7) were waitlisted. Didn't see any ED's specified in there but didn't look to closely. So I'd say there wasn't a hard floor.

Here are all those who applied ED:

http://columbia.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... =3&type=jd

Looks like there was another wave of ED acceptances on 12/3 so I wouldn't count yourself out just yet. (12/1 was popular for earlier applicants, 12/3 for people submitting in November)

canuck
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby canuck » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:36 pm

Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:Does Columbia use some sort of an LSAT floor for reverse splitters? My index is 4.33, but LSAT is only 170.

Maybe that's why I didn't hear back today. :(


My LSAT is 170 (retake from 167) and I received my acceptance today. Keep your head up man. Good news from Columbia or another great school is on the way.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:40 pm

beleaguer wrote:in :) woke up from a nap to the email!

submitted..11/1, complete 11/8.
177/3.6
i'm like, not even really excited. i blame still being half asleep and having a death cold.


CONGRATS <3 <3 <3 We will be excited for you :)

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:Does Columbia use some sort of an LSAT floor for reverse splitters? My index is 4.33, but LSAT is only 170.

Maybe that's why I didn't hear back today. :(


I'm a 4.352 [172/3.8] and I didn't hear back so it's probably not a splitter thing! I'm just PRAYING we hear back tomorrow. I'm freaking out right now D:

User avatar
Lovely Ludwig Van
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:22 pm

JoeShmoe11 wrote:
Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:Does Columbia use some sort of an LSAT floor for reverse splitters? My index is 4.33, but LSAT is only 170.

Maybe that's why I didn't hear back today. :(


I'm a 4.352 [172/3.8] and I didn't hear back so it's probably not a splitter thing! I'm just PRAYING we hear back tomorrow. I'm freaking out right now D:


Could it be a completion date thing, then? I didn't get complete until relatively late (11/22), since I only decided to ED at the last minute. Looking at last year's CLS ED stats, I'm assuming that these ED acceptances are going to come out in waves, since there were a bunch of 12/1 accepts followed by a bunch of 12/3 accepts. The only common thread seemed to be that the people who got rejected or waitlisted didn't get notified until relatively late in the ED process.

bofaem
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:20 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bofaem » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:29 pm

i thought i posted this earlier, must not have submitted it properly:

9/17-received (i dont know when i sent it in exactly)
10/19-complete

gpa was above the 75th and lsat at the mean

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:03 pm

Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:
Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:Does Columbia use some sort of an LSAT floor for reverse splitters? My index is 4.33, but LSAT is only 170.

Maybe that's why I didn't hear back today. :(


I'm a 4.352 [172/3.8] and I didn't hear back so it's probably not a splitter thing! I'm just PRAYING we hear back tomorrow. I'm freaking out right now D:


Could it be a completion date thing, then? I didn't get complete until relatively late (11/22), since I only decided to ED at the last minute. Looking at last year's CLS ED stats, I'm assuming that these ED acceptances are going to come out in waves, since there were a bunch of 12/1 accepts followed by a bunch of 12/3 accepts. The only common thread seemed to be that the people who got rejected or waitlisted didn't get notified until relatively late in the ED process.


You might be right, I went complete on the same date I believe and have not received a decision but I have pretty good hopes of being accepted. Let's hope you are right!

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby shanemahsa » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:13 pm

<--- Freaking out! :shock:

(Index rounds to 4.5, averages to 4.4 according to my law school report--I'm an lsat retaker).

Congrats tho those who got in tho!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

User avatar
wiseguy33
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby wiseguy33 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:18 pm

So if I submitted in October, and I don't hear back this week, that's it for my ED app?

In other words, when should I start/stop freaking out?

Splitter, 4.3, traditional, whitebread. :?

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby shanemahsa » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:21 pm

wiseguy33 wrote:So if I submitted in October, and I don't hear back this week, that's it for my ED app?

In other words, when should I start/stop freaking out?

Splitter, 4.3, traditional, whitebread. :?

Freak out on the 15th if u get deferred.

Edit: I mean the end of Dec.

User avatar
wiseguy33
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby wiseguy33 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:46 pm

shanemahsa wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:So if I submitted in October, and I don't hear back this week, that's it for my ED app?

In other words, when should I start/stop freaking out?

Splitter, 4.3, traditional, whitebread. :?

Freak out on the 15th if u get deferred.

Edit: I mean the end of Dec.


Easier said than done, my friend. Easier said than done.

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby shanemahsa » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:59 pm

wiseguy33 wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:So if I submitted in October, and I don't hear back this week, that's it for my ED app?

In other words, when should I start/stop freaking out?

Splitter, 4.3, traditional, whitebread. :?

Freak out on the 15th if u get deferred.

Edit: I mean the end of Dec.


Easier said than done, my friend. Easier said than done.

I'm right there with you man. Freaking out 24/7 :P

Edit: Here's something to lighten things up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMvARy0lBLE

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:08 pm

shanemahsa wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:So if I submitted in October, and I don't hear back this week, that's it for my ED app?

In other words, when should I start/stop freaking out?

Splitter, 4.3, traditional, whitebread. :?

Freak out on the 15th if u get deferred.

Edit: I mean the end of Dec.


Easier said than done, my friend. Easier said than done.

I'm right there with you man. Freaking out 24/7 :P

Edit: Here's something to lighten things up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMvARy0lBLE


HAHA that distracted me temporarily. That link was great. "Law school students are an awesome bunch. It's like a distilled bunch of the biggest a-holes from college", hope that one isn't true.

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Pink » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:14 pm

Finally went complete today :) Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby MissLucky » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:17 pm

Pink wrote:Finally went complete today :) Congrats to everyone who was accepted!


when did you submit? i have yet to go complete and I feel like it's been forever!

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Pink » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:18 pm

MissLucky wrote:
Pink wrote:Finally went complete today :) Congrats to everyone who was accepted!


when did you submit? i have yet to go complete and I feel like it's been forever!


I submitted on 11/7.

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby cruelestgame » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:25 pm

sorry for the newb question but where do you find your index? i hear on lsn but i still can't find it
Last edited by cruelestgame on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby MissLucky » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:26 pm

Pink wrote:
MissLucky wrote:
Pink wrote:Finally went complete today :) Congrats to everyone who was accepted!


when did you submit? i have yet to go complete and I feel like it's been forever!


I submitted on 11/7.


oy. that's odd. i submitted 11/4. hopefully my complete comes this week!

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby cruelestgame » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:28 pm

cruelestgame wrote:sorry for the newb question but where do you find your index? i hear on lsn but i still can't find it

nvm got it

cyxdev17
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:53 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby cyxdev17 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:46 pm

Totally wrong forum but do you guys know if undergrads (or grads, I suppose) usually submit their fall transcripts to Columbia when they come out? Assuming that you haven't heard by the beginning of January of course. It seems like the transcript would take a while to mail/ process and who knows when they'll make a decision for you. Just asking because I don't think my updated transcript will help my app much, and I feel like not submitting a transcript could hurt you..

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:47 pm

cyxdev17 wrote:Totally wrong forum but do you guys know if undergrads (or grads, I suppose) usually submit their fall transcripts to Columbia when they come out? Assuming that you haven't heard by the beginning of January of course. It seems like the transcript would take a while to mail/ process and who knows when they'll make a decision for you. Just asking because I don't think my updated transcript will help my app much, and I feel like not submitting a transcript could hurt you..

Only submit it if it helps/doesn't hurt. Otherwise don't worry about it.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Confused7 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:53 am

Submitted 11/10 and still not complete...

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bistduverrueckt » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:11 am

Confused7 wrote:Submitted 11/10 and still not complete...

Same! Hopefully we will go complete sometime this week.

User avatar
beleaguer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby beleaguer » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:38 am

dulcatis wrote:
beleaguer wrote:in :) woke up from a nap to the email!

submitted..11/1, complete 11/8.
177/3.6
i'm like, not even really excited. i blame still being half asleep and having a death cold.


CONGRATS <3 <3 <3 We will be excited for you :)


:lol: thanks dulc!

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:38 am

beleaguer wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
beleaguer wrote:in :) woke up from a nap to the email!

submitted..11/1, complete 11/8.
177/3.6
i'm like, not even really excited. i blame still being half asleep and having a death cold.


CONGRATS <3 <3 <3 We will be excited for you :)


:lol: thanks dulc!


I might join you next year :o If the Columbia Gods <3 me!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests