Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
freon
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:37 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby freon » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:05 pm

Are the VCEs coming in to the earlier applicants, or has it been all across the board in terms of submission dates?

User avatar
moxiepostulate
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby moxiepostulate » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:08 pm

since I have been sitting her BOTH UPS and FEDEX have driven by... Where is the MAIL? Did they get lost? I JUST saw them!





Image

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby arism87 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:09 pm

bistduverrueckt wrote:Just got a text from my sister. No VCE in Jersey. No GULC packet either :(

I think my mother and sister are starting to get REALLY annoyed with my thrice (at least) daily MAIL???? text messages. :oops:


Same with my dad!! And we don't have the greatest relationship to start, so it's been pretty awkward.

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby whathojeeves » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:10 pm

arism87 wrote:
bistduverrueckt wrote:Just got a text from my sister. No VCE in Jersey. No GULC packet either :(

I think my mother and sister are starting to get REALLY annoyed with my thrice (at least) daily MAIL???? text messages. :oops:


Same with my dad!! And we don't have the greatest relationship to start, so it's been pretty awkward.


I just sent my vomit-check to my mom. All in caps, to stress urgency.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Confused7 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:15 pm

freon wrote:Are the VCEs coming in to the earlier applicants, or has it been all across the board in terms of submission dates?


The latest ones that people have received were for applications that went complete in January, I think, so yeah pretty much all across from the board.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Confused7 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Also, CLS will only say that decisions are rendered on a "rolling basis from February to April." No specifics. :( Anyone else wanna give it a shot?

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bistduverrueckt » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Please CLS love me and give me vomit too!

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby sgtgrumbles » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:21 pm

This is the first time I've heard of people begging for vomit to appear in their mailboxes.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:22 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:This is the first time I've heard of people begging for vomit to appear in their mailboxes.


Meh. Happens all the time in UG.

ifitintoabox
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ifitintoabox » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:23 pm

I remember several pages back someone reported that their VCE was mailed to their "Permanent" address. Has that been the case with everyone so far? I always assumed mailings would come to our current address.

Thanks

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby daisyduke » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:25 pm

ifitintoabox wrote:I remember several pages back someone reported that their VCE was mailed to their "Permanent" address. Has that been the case with everyone so far? I always assumed mailings would come to our current address.

Thanks


Mine came to my current address. I think it was just the one and they said they recently changed their address.

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Fresh » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:35 pm

stillnovomit:(

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:40 pm

Fresh wrote:stillnovomit:(


+1 :(

I saw a large white envelop in my mail slot. Rushed to it and saw "Drexel Law". :x

But the happy news is - Drexel is 10 minutes from here, but the packet is post marked 1/25. So my mail is likely 2 days behind. There is still hope for tomorrow then.

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Fresh » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:42 pm

r6_philly wrote:
+1 :(

I saw a large white envelop in my mail slot. Rushed to it and saw "Drexel Law". :x

But the happy news is - Drexel is 10 minutes from here, but the packet is post marked 1/25. So my mail is likely 2 days behind. There is still hope for tomorrow then.


Others in my town have gotten theirs so idk what to think :-/ still incredibly excited about my cycle regardless of how this turns out.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Fresh wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
+1 :(

I saw a large white envelop in my mail slot. Rushed to it and saw "Drexel Law". :x

But the happy news is - Drexel is 10 minutes from here, but the packet is post marked 1/25. So my mail is likely 2 days behind. There is still hope for tomorrow then.


Others in my town have gotten theirs so idk what to think :-/ still incredibly excited about my cycle regardless of how this turns out.


I know :) you have awesome options.

User avatar
moxiepostulate
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby moxiepostulate » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:49 pm

NOOOO VOMIT...

I was WAAAAY too hopefully at the beginning of the week. This weekend I'm just gonna worry about my taxes and fafsa and limit my stalking of this thread to more normal levels, heh...

Good luck to the rest of you today!

miracle2011
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby miracle2011 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:52 pm

CT44 wrote:
tlsuser999 wrote:
miracle2011 wrote:Have there been any VCE siting in CT?


Given your question and LSN profile, I assume you're at Yale? In which case I point you to the disaster that is Yale Station.

I'm curious too.


I'm in CT - about 20 min from New Haven. No VCE here, or GULC. But then it took my NYU letter over a week to get here...



I know! Ugh the Yale Station post office is ridiculous! But I got my Georgetown packet on 1/26, and the Post Marked dated was 1/24 so IDK.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Confused7 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:53 pm

If someone wants to be the hero of this thread and call within the next 7 minutes to ask about dates/batches. :D

ExpectLess
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ExpectLess » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Any Florida VCEs?

4.5 index, GULC and Chicago packets came, but no VCE (yet?).

User avatar
NikaneOkie
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby NikaneOkie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:56 pm

I was told by someone who goes to Columbia and is involved in the admissions office but is not on the committee that there really are going to be more waves of admissions packages for people who applied earlier. Idk. That's what I was told.
4.5 Index here +URM too. No VCE

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:57 pm

NikaneOkie wrote:I was told by someone who goes to Columbia and is involved in the admissions office but is not on the committee that there really are going to be more waves of admissions packages for people who applied earlier. Idk. That's what I was told.
4.5 Index here +URM too. No VCE


Hmmm, this is nice :) I wonder if this means specifically waves for people with great numbers (like you) who are going to get schollies, as has been speculated - or whether they could be general waves.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Confused7 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:59 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
NikaneOkie wrote:I was told by someone who goes to Columbia and is involved in the admissions office but is not on the committee that there really are going to be more waves of admissions packages for people who applied earlier. Idk. That's what I was told.
4.5 Index here +URM too. No VCE


Hmmm, this is nice :) I wonder if this means specifically waves for people with great numbers (like you) who are going to get schollies, as has been speculated - or whether they could be general waves.


+1 I'm sure there will be waves, but the question is when and how much constitutes a "wave"? At least from past years' data, it really did seem like last week of Jan. or bust.

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby c_dubya_s » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:59 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
NikaneOkie wrote:I was told by someone who goes to Columbia and is involved in the admissions office but is not on the committee that there really are going to be more waves of admissions packages for people who applied earlier. Idk. That's what I was told.
4.5 Index here +URM too. No VCE


Hmmm, this is nice :) I wonder if this means specifically waves for people with great numbers (like you) who are going to get schollies, as has been speculated - or whether they could be general waves.


Make this the first time "waves of vomit" has ever made me feel giddy inside.

User avatar
alphamoose
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby alphamoose » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:00 pm

.
Last edited by alphamoose on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Dany » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:04 pm

GOT MY MAILBOX OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...no VCE.

(but also no GULC packet, so that's semi-good news.)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”