Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby absolutazn87 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:50 am

eskimo wrote:Do you think I could leave him a note asking him to leave my mail in the apartment's main office?

or THIS. :lol:

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:30 am

Polybius wrote:So is the consensus is that international but no e-mail notification = bad news at this point?

=(


No, I don't think so. CLS said that some would be notified by mail and others by email. There are a ton of qualified int'l candidates who haven't heard yet, IIRC, so hope lives on.

Here we go 1/28ers!

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Confused7 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:38 am

So how is everyone holding up today?

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thecilent » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:55 am

dulcatis wrote:
thecilent wrote:
thecilent wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Form:

--LinkRemoved--

Results:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CI_k5v0P

Can leave off your username if you want, & PM me to delete your thing if/when you get your VCE?


QFnew page

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thecilent » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:56 am

Last day before I stop worrying about VCEs altogether. Please just let me get one today

MarcMonday
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby MarcMonday » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:58 am

Regular Decision Acceptance Recieved in New Hampshire. Going to H, so going to withdraw, but good luck to everyone else!

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby LinzerTorte » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:59 am

eskimo wrote:Oh no.

Ohno ohno ohno.

Ohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohno.

My roommate is out of town, and she has the only mailbox key. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Can't check mail until MONDAY.



:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Axe or apartment office...hmm...on one hand, the "ask your mailman to leave mail in the main office" is a very reasonable plan, but I think the general feeling in this thread says CHOP OPEN YOUR MAILBOX, ESKI, DO IT.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Confused7 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:00 am

MarcMonday wrote:Regular Decision Acceptance Recieved in New Hampshire. Going to H, so going to withdraw, but good luck to everyone else!


Congrats on HLS (and CLS)!! Can I ask when your envelope was postmarked from CLS?

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:25 am

Confused7 wrote:
MarcMonday wrote:Regular Decision Acceptance Recieved in New Hampshire. Going to H, so going to withdraw, but good luck to everyone else!


Congrats on HLS (and CLS)!! Can I ask when your envelope was postmarked from CLS?


+1

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Confused7 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:30 am

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
Confused7 wrote:
MarcMonday wrote:Regular Decision Acceptance Recieved in New Hampshire. Going to H, so going to withdraw, but good luck to everyone else!


Congrats on HLS (and CLS)!! Can I ask when your envelope was postmarked from CLS?


+1


Thought I'd be the first to ask before the madness. :P

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby absolutazn87 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:39 am

Confused7 wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
Confused7 wrote:
MarcMonday wrote:Regular Decision Acceptance Recieved in New Hampshire. Going to H, so going to withdraw, but good luck to everyone else!


Congrats on HLS (and CLS)!! Can I ask when your envelope was postmarked from CLS?


+1


Thought I'd be the first to ask before the madness. :P

And also what date is on the letter?

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:42 am

Arghhh, to cap this truly WONDERFUL week off, now I think I'm getting sick. :(

I had a dream about a VCE last night, and dreamdulcatis was soooo happy. Blarg.

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jd2014! » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:43 am

Your best spreadsheet yet, dulc. The numbers give me hope... the empty mailbox shits on my dreams.

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bistduverrueckt » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:46 am

dulcatis wrote:Arghhh, to cap this truly WONDERFUL week off, now I think I'm getting sick. :(

I had a dream about a VCE last night, and dreamdulcatis was soooo happy. Blarg.


At least you are having nice CLS dreams. Recently I had one where they sent me a handwritten rejection letter detailing why I wasn't good enough for them (and including all the reasons they also rejected me for UG). And then last night I had another one where instead of an admit or deny, I got a VCE which contained a letter asking me to interview with them and telling me the interview (and resulting essay I was expected to turn in to them after the interview (what the heck dream-mind?) ) would 100% decide my acceptance or denial to CLS.

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby whathojeeves » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:47 am

Hey Eski, just a thought. Most of the mail keys I ever had in New York were standardized for the building (i.e. your neighbor may be able to open your box for you). Just a thought.

Or there's always the axe.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:50 am

whathojeeves wrote:Hey Eski, just a thought. Most of the mail keys I ever had in New York were standardized for the building (i.e. your neighbor may be able to open your box for you). Just a thought.

Or there's always the axe.

I swear this is the second time she has done this this cycle. If it was her that I am remembering (maybe it was dulc) then I'm not sure I feel bad. :wink:

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:53 am

bistduverrueckt wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Arghhh, to cap this truly WONDERFUL week off, now I think I'm getting sick. :(

I had a dream about a VCE last night, and dreamdulcatis was soooo happy. Blarg.


At least you are having nice CLS dreams. Recently I had one where they sent me a handwritten rejection letter detailing why I wasn't good enough for them (and including all the reasons they also rejected me for UG). And then last night I had another one where instead of an admit or deny, I got a VCE which contained a letter asking me to interview with them and telling me the interview (and resulting essay I was expected to turn in to them after the interview (what the heck dream-mind?) ) would 100% decide my acceptance or denial to CLS.


Hahaha, oh man that would suck. Although actually, for those who rock at interviews and essays, that would be a pretty sweet deal.

User avatar
hiddenfist
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:13 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby hiddenfist » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Mail came.

No VCE.

:cry:

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bistduverrueckt » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:13 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
bistduverrueckt wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Arghhh, to cap this truly WONDERFUL week off, now I think I'm getting sick. :(

I had a dream about a VCE last night, and dreamdulcatis was soooo happy. Blarg.


At least you are having nice CLS dreams. Recently I had one where they sent me a handwritten rejection letter detailing why I wasn't good enough for them (and including all the reasons they also rejected me for UG). And then last night I had another one where instead of an admit or deny, I got a VCE which contained a letter asking me to interview with them and telling me the interview (and resulting essay I was expected to turn in to them after the interview (what the heck dream-mind?) ) would 100% decide my acceptance or denial to CLS.


Hahaha, oh man that would suck. Although actually, for those who rock at interviews and essays, that would be a pretty sweet deal.


It was pretty bad, especially because the essay turned out to have to be about the movie 300 (the interview turned out to be a group interview where we went and saw it in a movie theater (again what the heck dream-mind?) and everybody then had to write a summary of the movie and how it impacted our legal careers). Only in my dream, I fell asleep during the movie so I couldn't write the essay.

The madness needs to end, I need a VCE to put me out of my dream-induced misery.

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:15 pm

hiddenfist wrote:Mail came.

No VCE.

:cry:


What's your index? It must be over 4.4, right? I can't believe they'd pass you over. So, more evidence for future waves coming? What's your location?

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby arism87 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Why do I feel like this hasn't been mentioned? Last year's acceptances seem to have rolled out for like 2 weeks (although it's hard to tell when envelopes actually arrived/what date people put down)

http://columbia.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... r=desc&p=4 and into page 3, as well

Same thing in 2009

User avatar
hiddenfist
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:13 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby hiddenfist » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:18 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
hiddenfist wrote:Mail came.

No VCE.

:cry:


What's your index? It must be over 4.4, right? I can't believe they'd pass you over. So, more evidence for future waves coming? What's your location?


Over 4.4 with my actual numbers, but perhaps there is a glaring mistake in my app.

I am in New York! (not the city, but still...)

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:20 pm

arism87 wrote:Why do I feel like this hasn't been mentioned? Last year's acceptances seem to have rolled out for like 2 weeks (although it's hard to tell when envelopes actually arrived/what date people put down)

http://columbia.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... r=desc&p=4 and into page 3, as well

Same thing in 2009


I think some of it is correlated with submission date. When I did it that way, this is what I got:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... zZoP#gid=0

So there are some outliers, but when you hear back seems to have something to do with when you submitted.

MarcMonday
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby MarcMonday » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:25 pm

Postmarked: Jan 24th

Letter Dated: Jan 24th

Envelope Color: Light Yellowish Green, not very heavy

ok, I think those are the relevant specifics

also: I applied on October 31st
Last edited by MarcMonday on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hiddenfist
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:13 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby hiddenfist » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:25 pm

dulcatis wrote:
arism87 wrote:Why do I feel like this hasn't been mentioned? Last year's acceptances seem to have rolled out for like 2 weeks (although it's hard to tell when envelopes actually arrived/what date people put down)

http://columbia.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... r=desc&p=4 and into page 3, as well

Same thing in 2009


I think some of it is correlated with submission date. When I did it that way, this is what I got:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... zZoP#gid=0

So there are some outliers, but when you hear back seems to have something to do with when you submitted.


Correlation isn't strong enough to give me hope, but the February admits are.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: henryyou, zeglo and 3 guests