Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:27 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:
neonx wrote:VCE IN TEXAS!

I AM FLOORED. OMG.
INDEX 4.10-4.20
LSAT UNDER 25% PERCENTILE.
NON-URM. REGULAR DECISION.
POSTMARKED 1/24.


CONGRATSSSS!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D


Congrats Neonx! You seem like a really cool person, so i'm very happy for you :).


justhoping wrote:
jman77 wrote:Btw, I hesitate to post this, but there is hope for retakers out there. I took he LSAt 4 times in one year, starting in September 2009 and ending October 2010. 160/167/cancel/171. I do have extensive WE though.


4x! you are truly a fighter. and big congrats on the admit :)


Seriously, it truly shows you character taking the LSAT 4 times and refusing to give up. Huge congrats man, i'm stoked for you :D. Where in socal are you at?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:28 pm

yale2011 wrote:Columbia's looking pretty generous so far. Perhaps (I hope) the weaker applicant pool theory will prove to be true.


And we are all just absolutely phenomenal people who are more than just numbers! :D

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:30 pm

law_monkey wrote:
yale2011 wrote:Columbia's looking pretty generous so far. Perhaps (I hope) the weaker applicant pool theory will prove to be true.


And we are all just absolutely phenomenal people who are more than just numbers! :D


Yay monkeys and cats and toddlers!

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:30 pm

dulcatis wrote:Form:

--LinkRemoved--

Results:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CI_k5v0P

Can leave off your username if you want, & PM me to delete your thing if/when you get your VCE?


QFnew page

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:32 pm

I am surprised no one has started last name checking since it's being packaged and sent out in a huge batch.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:32 pm

See look at those bottom 3.4+ on the spreadsheet. No way those indexes are not getting in. =)

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jman77 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:33 pm

justhoping wrote:
jman77 wrote:Btw, I hesitate to post this, but there is hope for retakers out there. I took he LSAt 4 times in one year, starting in September 2009 and ending October 2010. 160/167/cancel/171. I do have extensive WE though.


4x! you are truly a fighter. and big congrats on the admit :)

Hehe, well, I work really long hours in a management position, and didn't really have enough time to study. That was kinda the theme of my addendum.Upward trend indicated my potential to do better if I had enough time like the typical test taker.Also, 160 was with the flu. Thanks again and good luck to all still waiting! Hope to meet you at ASP.
Last edited by jman77 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby arism87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:35 pm

thecilent wrote:See look at those bottom 3.4+ on the spreadsheet. No way those indexes are not getting in. =)


Is it just me, or do sub 4.3 applicants seem to be faring better than 4.3+?

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jman77 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Knock: I am in the inland empire area.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:36 pm

arism87 wrote:
thecilent wrote:See look at those bottom 3.4+ on the spreadsheet. No way those indexes are not getting in. =)


Is it just me, or do sub 4.3 applicants seem to be faring better than 4.3+?

I know, right? What is going on.

But LSN has a lot of strong index admits already. So idk
Last edited by thecilent on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CapHillLove
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby CapHillLove » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:36 pm

Sorry if this has been answered, but is your index at a school your average lsat scores or the highest? Do they just use what's on the LSAC report?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:37 pm

thecilent wrote:
arism87 wrote:
thecilent wrote:See look at those bottom 3.4+ on the spreadsheet. No way those indexes are not getting in. =)


Is it just me, or do sub 4.3 applicants seem to be faring better than 4.3+?

I know, right? What is going on.


They're stuffing the 4.3+ envelopes with scholarship and fellowship invites, so they're taking longer to get out.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bdubs » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:38 pm

CapHillLove wrote:Sorry if this has been answered, but is your index at a school your average lsat scores or the highest? Do they just use what's on the LSAC report?


I think Columbia has an "official" replace your average with the highest if the gap is bigger than X. I think X was 6 or 8 but I don't remember that well.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:38 pm

CapHillLove wrote:Sorry if this has been answered, but is your index at a school your average lsat scores or the highest? Do they just use what's on the LSAC report?


Go with your highest

eeeeeek
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby eeeeeek » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:39 pm

IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:39 pm

law_monkey wrote:They're stuffing the 4.3+ envelopes with scholarship and fellowship invites, so they're taking longer to get out.

Yeah like my ruby at Chi.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:39 pm

jman77 wrote:Knock: I am in the inland empire area.


Sweet. I didn't get a GULC package today either, so i'm holding out hope for tomorrow or Saturday.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:39 pm

eeeeeek wrote:IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Congrats, #'s?

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:39 pm

eeeeeek wrote:IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats. You should put numbers in the form above

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby c_dubya_s » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:40 pm

eeeeeek wrote:IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


NEED NUMBERS AND DETAILS ASAP.

Also, congrats!!!

User avatar
CapHillLove
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby CapHillLove » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:41 pm

bdubs wrote:
CapHillLove wrote:Sorry if this has been answered, but is your index at a school your average lsat scores or the highest? Do they just use what's on the LSAC report?


I think Columbia has an "official" replace your average with the highest if the gap is bigger than X. I think X was 6 or 8 but I don't remember that well.

Knock wrote:
CapHillLove wrote:Sorry if this has been answered, but is your index at a school your average lsat scores or the highest? Do they just use what's on the LSAC report?


Go with your highest


Oh sweet! So you think they recalculate? I just went from a 4.3 to a 4.7!!

User avatar
awahoya
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:57 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby awahoya » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:41 pm

eeeeeek wrote:IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Congrats!!!! :)

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:42 pm

CapHillLove wrote:
bdubs wrote:
CapHillLove wrote:Sorry if this has been answered, but is your index at a school your average lsat scores or the highest? Do they just use what's on the LSAC report?


I think Columbia has an "official" replace your average with the highest if the gap is bigger than X. I think X was 6 or 8 but I don't remember that well.

Knock wrote:
CapHillLove wrote:Sorry if this has been answered, but is your index at a school your average lsat scores or the highest? Do they just use what's on the LSAC report?


Go with your highest


Oh sweet! So you think they recalculate? I just went from a 4.3 to a 4.7!!


Lol yeah, you're in and likely with $ too. #'s?

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:44 pm

dulcatis wrote:Form:

--LinkRemoved--

Results:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CI_k5v0P

Can leave off your username if you want, & PM me to delete your thing if/when you get your VCE?


Everyone, fill out the form if you've gotten in or not!! Help us crazies out :)

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby arism87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:44 pm

<4.3 index: 4/9 have heard
4.3+ index: 4/23 have heard

<3 this spreadsheet




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Hopefullawkid2015, joezze, pilfin and 19 guests