Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Knock wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
Knock wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Why can't they e-mail?? This is all going to drive me CRAZY. We don't know if we're not in, or if there's new batches, or if there's crazy snow messing everything up.

--ImageRemoved--


Ha, weren't you the one who "preferred snail mail because you only have to worry once a day" when I said schools should just email? :P

Some people can't keep their opinions straight.


I'm just teaaaasing. <3 <3 <3 Dulcatis.


Wahhhh! That was before there were snowpocalypses and there were multiple waves and stuff :( Would be okay if there was a DLS status or somethingggg! :( :( :(

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jd2014! » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:03 pm

Nothing in BK again- although no mail got to my mailbox so maybe it's the snow? Just tellll me pleeeeaaase I am begging you ! (and please let the answer be yes, we love you, your VCE is on the way)

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:05 pm

jd2014! wrote:Nothing in BK again- although no mail got to my mailbox so maybe it's the snow? Just tellll me pleeeeaaase I am begging you ! (and please let the answer be yes, we love you, your VCE is on the way)


I haven't gotten anything in my mailbox all week...they may not be doing deliveries? Or only small stuff?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:06 pm

dulcatis wrote:
Wahhhh! That was before there were snowpocalypses and there were multiple waves and stuff :( Would be okay if there was a DLS status or somethingggg! :( :( :(


I agree. I'm confused by how small it seems this second batch is. How did only one person get a 1/26? Now I won't know if I'm definitely out if there's nothing in my mailbox tomorrow. I think I'm just going to establish a personal goal of the middle of next week. That way if they have a wave going out every single day this week, there will be more than enough chances to find a VCE before giving up hope.

User avatar
ela7117
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ela7117 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:09 pm

Accepted, in Chicago, stats in profile, submitted early October, letter postmarked 1/24, good luck to all waiting

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby LinzerTorte » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:10 pm

law_monkey wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
Wahhhh! That was before there were snowpocalypses and there were multiple waves and stuff :( Would be okay if there was a DLS status or somethingggg! :( :( :(


I agree. I'm confused by how small it seems this second batch is. How did only one person get a 1/26? Now I won't know if I'm definitely out if there's nothing in my mailbox tomorrow. I think I'm just going to establish a personal goal of the middle of next week. That way if they have a wave going out every single day this week, there will be more than enough chances to find a VCE before giving up hope.


That 1/26 is kind of suspicious, to be honest, I hope its real but I'm worried that its not.

Edit: Congrats ela!

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Knock wrote:
thecilent wrote:
Knock wrote:I see my mailman! He's across the street, will report back in ~15-20 :lol: :lol:. I wasn't stalking, but happened to see him while I was making a sandwich.

Fingers crossed for you dude.


Either way i'm eating a delicious sandwich, so this is truly a win-win situation.


Knock, this is super cute.

No VCE here in Brooklyn. No GULC either. However, I did receive a Penn Law package postmarked 1/25. So I do not know what to think. Maybe GULC was mailed 1/24 but is on some weird slow route, thereby indicating that weird slow routes exist and VCE could be on one too. Maybe GULC didn't mail me one in the same batch for some reason, which would mean that no GULC package does not mean hope remains for a VCE that went out on 1/25. But in that case, there would still be hope for a VCE mailed 1/26. So i suppose the bottom line is that there is still hope for one reason or another. Mainly because I am crazy.
Last edited by Excellence = a Habit on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zatarra
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Zatarra » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Just to update -- also no VCE in low/mid Manhattan but, also third day of no mail at all, so the weather really may be throwing things off. Still...

(Also -- the storm last night was amazing! Thunder, lightning, heavy snowfall, plenty of pick-up snowball fights, and somebody rolling a Katamari-sized snowball downtown. If that's the trade-off for a late VCE, that's ok by me! :wink: )
Last edited by Zatarra on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blanknow
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:38 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby blanknow » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:16 pm

CM612 wrote:Has anybody in Philly gotten any mail at all today? My office hasn't but I'm not sure if that's just because the streets around here still look really bad. I want to know if I should be rushing home to check mail or not!


nope >.<

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jd2014! » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:16 pm

Okay... I am calling it quits for the night. See you all same time, same place tomorrow?

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:16 pm

Wait, Dulc, is there a spreadsheet keeping track of these admit numbers?

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby starrydreamz3 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:18 pm

thecilent wrote:Wait, Dulc, is there a spreadsheet keeping track of these admit numbers?


Yes there is. It's call LSN. =D

<3

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby arism87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:18 pm

Honestly I'm more interested in keeping track of NON-admits at this point, I think that'd be more telling

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby LinzerTorte » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:19 pm

Zatarra wrote:
(Also -- the storm last night was amazing! Thunder, lightning, heavy snowfall, plenty of pick-up snowball fights, and somebody rolling a Katamari-sized snowball downtown. If that's the trade-off for a late VCE, that's ok by me! :wink: )


There was a fair amount of insane snow construction going in this am in Brooklyn too...it was pretty cool.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:24 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:Yes there is. It's call LSN. =D

<3

lol Roarrr

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:25 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:That 1/26 is kind of suspicious, to be honest, I hope its real but I'm worried that its not.


I pm'd with her and she doesn't seem suspicious, but I do want to keep the hope alive so I dunno!

Zatarra wrote:Just to update -- also no VCE in low/mid Manhattan but, also third day of no mail at all, so the weather really may be throwing things off. Still...

(Also -- the storm last night was amazing! Thunder, lightning, heavy snowfall, plenty of pick-up snowball fights, and somebody rolling a Katamari-sized snowball downtown. If that's the trade-off for a late VCE, that's ok by me! :wink: )


Ahahaha whaaat?? I'm sad I missed that snowball :) I haven't gotten mail in SoHo either for three days. KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE.


starrydreamz3 wrote:
thecilent wrote:Wait, Dulc, is there a spreadsheet keeping track of these admit numbers?


Yes there is. It's call LSN. =D

<3


Yeah I've been too busy freaking out about vomit to make a legit spreadsheet. But from what I remember, they're all over the place.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:28 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
Wahhhh! That was before there were snowpocalypses and there were multiple waves and stuff :( Would be okay if there was a DLS status or somethingggg! :( :( :(


I agree. I'm confused by how small it seems this second batch is. How did only one person get a 1/26? Now I won't know if I'm definitely out if there's nothing in my mailbox tomorrow. I think I'm just going to establish a personal goal of the middle of next week. That way if they have a wave going out every single day this week, there will be more than enough chances to find a VCE before giving up hope.


That 1/26 is kind of suspicious, to be honest, I hope its real but I'm worried that its not.

Edit: Congrats ela!


:( Yeah I don't completely trust it. I'm waiting until tomorrow to see if there are any other 1/26 acceptances. That would be an EXTREMELY heartless troll though if it is. But the fact that so many great numbers are still waiting does give me a little bit of hope that there's a second batch even if it hasn't been sent yet.

arism87 wrote:Honestly I'm more interested in keeping track of NON-admits at this point, I think that'd be more telling

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:35 pm

Well it doesn't look like any mail came today for me, so at least I get to freak out a little more tomorrow

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby neonx » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:38 pm

VCE IN TEXAS!

I AM FLOORED. OMG.
INDEX 4.10-4.20
LSAT UNDER 25% PERCENTILE.
NON-URM. REGULAR DECISION.
POSTMARKED 1/24.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby arism87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:38 pm

If someone wants to teach me how to do a spreadsheet (of both VCE recipients and non-recipients) I'm bored enough to make one. Unfortunately idk how to do it.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby arism87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:39 pm

neonx wrote:VCE IN TEXAS!

I AM FLOORED. OMG.
INDEX 4.10-4.20
LSAT UNDER 25% PERCENTILE.
NON-URM. REGULAR DECISION.
POSTMARKED 1/24.


Wow mega-congrats to you!!

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby glitched » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:42 pm

neonx wrote:VCE IN TEXAS!

I AM FLOORED. OMG.
INDEX 4.10-4.20
LSAT UNDER 25% PERCENTILE.
NON-URM. REGULAR DECISION.
POSTMARKED 1/24.



And who said softs don't mean anything? Congrats man. you're killin it.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:46 pm

Form:

--LinkRemoved--

Results:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CI_k5v0P

Can leave off your username if you want, & PM me to delete your thing if/when you get your VCE?

User avatar
jtemp320
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jtemp320 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:49 pm

neonx wrote:VCE IN TEXAS!

I AM FLOORED. OMG.
INDEX 4.10-4.20
LSAT UNDER 25% PERCENTILE.
NON-URM. REGULAR DECISION.
POSTMARKED 1/24.


Wow great cycle! Congrats!

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:50 pm

:D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, azaleafire, bakewelltart, Bing [Bot], hellohalo, jstans, Lmorina126, neptunian, Photomike2, Why??? and 14 guests