Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jtemp320

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jtemp320 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:27 pm

mouse13 wrote:In today in Manhattan! Good luck to those still waiting!

letter dated 1/26/11.

Congrats - I dont mean to not trust you - but you only have two posts and if you are false-hope trolling you sir/m'am are a true crusher of dreams - however I want to believe you please for the sake of our sanity post a pic of that postmark (with CLS header also visible)...we will receive you as a prophet

awahoya

Postby awahoya » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:31 pm

jtemp320 wrote:

letter dated 1/26/11.

Congrats - I dont mean to not trust you - but you only have two posts and if you are false-hope trolling you sir/m'am are a true crusher of dreams - however I want to believe you please for the sake of our sanity post a pic of that postmark (with CLS header also visible)...we will receive you as a prophet

I believe, I believe!

Just woke up (in Japan)- legit had a super vivid dream that I got in to CLS- oh, cruel reality...

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:31 pm

jtemp320 wrote:

letter dated 1/26/11.

I PMed her before asking for a photo of the letter but she can't find her camera. The details she told me about her letter make me think that she's legit tho :)

Hobbes89

Postby Hobbes89 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Got a VCE! congrats to everyone else and best of luck to those still waiting!
Last edited by Hobbes89 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

jtemp320

Postby jtemp320 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:34 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:

letter dated 1/26/11.

I PMed her before asking for a photo of the letter but she can't find her camera. The details she told me about her letter make me think that she's legit tho :)

Thanks - good to know...god this process is turning me a little bit pyscho...I swear I usually would congratulate someone if they said they got good news not say "pics or it didn't happen!"

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:36 pm

I really don't think all hope should be lost yet either. People are getting in with way lower numbers than a lot of other people on here (including me). Funny how I am actually hoping for cls to be such a numbers whore.

CosmoLaw

Postby CosmoLaw » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:37 pm

jtemp320 wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:

letter dated 1/26/11.

Thanks - good to know...god this process is turning me a little bit pyscho...I swear I usually would congratulate someone if they said they got good news not say "pics or it didn't happen!"

Skepticism is a virtue for a lawyer. Embrace it.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:37 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:

letter dated 1/26/11.

Who doesn't have a picture phone these days? Sheesh.

JK, I'm happy to take the hope with or without pics.

moxiepostulate

Postby moxiepostulate » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Bummer..... Just asked my mum to check mail. Stuff from UT, but no VCE :/

Another day more to wait.... checking out until tomorrow.

And yes, cls, please be a dirty dirty numbers whore, just for us? kthx

akikaze

Postby akikaze » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:40 pm

It may be nice to have CLS numbers-whore for admissions, but when it comes to actually spending three years with people who have nothing more than an ultra-high LSAT score, are double-Ivy, and have a respectable u/g GPA, well...that I can't envision. I actually want to know my classmates for the rest of my life, so ideally they'd be interesting people too =]

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:41 pm

akikaze wrote:It may be nice to have CLS numbers-whore for admissions, but when it comes to actually spending three years with people who have nothing more than an ultra-high LSAT score, are double-Ivy, and have a respectable u/g GPA, well...that I can't envision. I actually want to know my classmates for the rest of my life, so ideally they'd be interesting people too =]

That's nice. Next! :P

awahoya

Postby awahoya » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:42 pm

akikaze wrote:It may be nice to have CLS numbers-whore for admissions, but when it comes to actually spending three years with people who have nothing more than an ultra-high LSAT score, are double-Ivy, and have a respectable u/g GPA, well...that I can't envision. I actually want to know my classmates for the rest of my life, so ideally they'd be interesting people too =]

+1 :)

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Waiting for more 1/26s....apparently it's supposed to snow tomorrow and Saturday as well. Dunno how heavy though. What's a nice way of asking the adcomms if we should lose hope or not?

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Know classmates? My gunning strategy only lets me socialize with classmates 3.5 hours per week (cut back to 0 hours during finals, obvi).

bhan87

Postby bhan87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:43 pm

awahoya wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:

letter dated 1/26/11.

I believe, I believe!

Just woke up (in Japan)- legit had a super vivid dream that I got in to CLS- oh, cruel reality...

日本に天気がいかがですか?

I got back from Japan recently actually. Heard it's super cold right now.

jtemp320

Postby jtemp320 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:44 pm

Confused7 wrote:Waiting for more 1/26s....apparently it's supposed to snow tomorrow and Saturday as well. Dunno how heavy though. What's a nice way of asking the adcomms if we should lose hope or not?

Ask if they were all sent on the 24th or if any more are coming on the 26th - worst they can do is not tell you

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:44 pm

CLS: I am SUPER INTERESTING and have NEVER SET FOOT IN AN IVY! :mrgreen:

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:44 pm

thecilent wrote:

Know classmates? My gunning strategy only lets me socialize with classmates 3.5 hours per week (cut back to 0 hours during finals, obvi).

Definitions:

Classmates: Suckers.

Socialize: Fuck with the curve.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:45 pm

You know what would make this slightly more bearable? New episodes of Grey's/Private Practice.

BOOOO ABC. Boo.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:46 pm

CastleRock wrote:
thecilent wrote:

Definitions:

lol For realz.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:47 pm

CastleRock wrote:
thecilent wrote:

Definitions:

:lol:

awahoya

Postby awahoya » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:48 pm

bhan87 wrote:
awahoya wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:

letter dated 1/26/11.

I believe, I believe!

日本に天気がいかがですか?

I got back from Japan recently actually. Heard it's super cold right now.

すごく寒いよ!そうと言うんだけど私は四国に住んでいるから北海道と比べるとあんまり寒くない。なぜ日本にいましたか?  :)

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:49 pm

jtemp320 wrote:
Confused7 wrote:Waiting for more 1/26s....apparently it's supposed to snow tomorrow and Saturday as well. Dunno how heavy though. What's a nice way of asking the adcomms if we should lose hope or not?

Ask if they were all sent on the 24th or if any more are coming on the 26th - worst they can do is not tell you

Last time someone called to ask the person at the desk said they didn't know if any letters had been sent out yet. And then BAM they were. Well looks like that might have to wait another day anyway...

annie2010

Postby annie2010 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Don't know if this helps, but I got my packet today (ED admit) in Manhattan. Post-marked 1/25 and I live literally a stone's throw away from CLS. So if you live in NYC it could still be on its way!!!

akikaze

Postby akikaze » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:54 pm

thecilent wrote:

I know this was tongue-in-cheek, but I'd still like to know how you (or anyone else) would define "gunner" (a personality type that I've heard references to repeatedly but never fully grasped) -- I mean, I study obsessively and for many hours on end, but I'd still help other students, be gracious about good/bad performance, not talk about schoolwork once I leave the library (even if it is at midnight), and, I don't know... be generally nice to people? Does that count? If not, what elements would capture the quintessence of a gunner?
Last edited by akikaze on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”