Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby gatorgirl4life » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:28 pm

nothing in soflo :cry:

Sgtpeppernyc
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Sgtpeppernyc » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:29 pm

Jesus. 4:30 and still nothing. My celebration tequila is starting to look like depression tequila.

User avatar
LargeHuman
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby LargeHuman » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:30 pm

And we have vomit in San Diego!

Letter dated and postmarked 1/24 - my girlfriend was stalking the mailbox and came running back to her computer to tell me.

174/3.4, I also have a master's from Columbia.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Hannibal » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:31 pm

LargeHuman wrote:And we have vomit in San Diego!

Letter dated and postmarked 1/24 - my girlfriend was stalking the mailbox and came running back to her computer to tell me.

174/3.4, I also have a master's from Columbia.


Omfg look at those numbers

X_X

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby c_dubya_s » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:31 pm

champsound wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:Admitted 12/13, but I'm in DC so stuff probably won't gets here faster ever.


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Although if CLS did admit me 12/13, that would be pretty sweet....

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Hannibal wrote:
LargeHuman wrote:And we have vomit in San Diego!

Letter dated and postmarked 1/24 - my girlfriend was stalking the mailbox and came running back to her computer to tell me.

174/3.4, I also have a master's from Columbia.


Omfg look at those numbers

X_X


A good sign Hanni :)

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby CosmoLaw » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Hannibal wrote:
LargeHuman wrote:And we have vomit in San Diego!

Letter dated and postmarked 1/24 - my girlfriend was stalking the mailbox and came running back to her computer to tell me.

174/3.4, I also have a master's from Columbia.


Omfg look at those numbers

X_X



OMG... a 4.2 made it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU are the bright light.

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bistduverrueckt » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:34 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:Admitted 12/13, but I'm in DC so stuff probably gets here faster.


Ooo I got in earlier than that and haven't gotten my GULC package yet so this is looking like USPS fail.
or just false hope that I should let go of

CM612
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby CM612 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:34 pm

Has anybody in Philly gotten any mail at all today? My office hasn't but I'm not sure if that's just because the streets around here still look really bad. I want to know if I should be rushing home to check mail or not!

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:35 pm

bistduverrueckt wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:Admitted 12/13, but I'm in DC so stuff probably gets here faster.


Ooo I got in earlier than that and haven't gotten my GULC package yet so this is looking like USPS fail.
or just false hope that I should let go of


I got in in early November & nothing for me yet either. AND A SECOND WAVE!!!

User avatar
ebeth
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ebeth » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:36 pm

I seem to be out of the loop on this--how early would someone have to submit to be a candidate for this first batch? I was complete 12/17. Although they requested fall grades just last week so I probably shouldn't check the mail expectantly for a while.

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby LinzerTorte » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:37 pm

Second wave!!!! Stay strong!!!!!

I was complete 12/17, but I've been out of school for a while.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby absolutazn87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:37 pm

ebeth wrote:I seem to be out of the loop on this--how early would someone have to submit to be a candidate for this first batch? I was complete 12/17. Although they requested fall grades just last week so I probably shouldn't check the mail expectantly for a while.


<333333 your avatar. best lost episode ever!

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby absolutazn87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:38 pm

ebeth wrote:I seem to be out of the loop on this--how early would someone have to submit to be a candidate for this first batch? I was complete 12/17. Although they requested fall grades just last week so I probably shouldn't check the mail expectantly for a while.


and to answer your question lol...yeah if they requested grades last week, you're probably not in this batch.

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jd2014! » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:38 pm

Ah, I can't take this. High tech forum for wild speculation 24/7, plus notification sent by pony express = extreme emotional distress. My heart hurts.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:38 pm

CM612 wrote:Has anybody in Philly gotten any mail at all today? My office hasn't but I'm not sure if that's just because the streets around here still look really bad. I want to know if I should be rushing home to check mail or not!


I am in the burbs, have not. But my office got mail in old city.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:39 pm

jd2014! wrote:Ah, I can't take this. High tech forum for wild speculation 24/7, plus notification sent by pony express = extreme emotional distress. My heart hurts.


Seriously :(

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:41 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
LargeHuman wrote:And we have vomit in San Diego!

Letter dated and postmarked 1/24 - my girlfriend was stalking the mailbox and came running back to her computer to tell me.

174/3.4, I also have a master's from Columbia.


Omfg look at those numbers

X_X



OMG... a 4.2 made it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU are the bright light.


Yes. Large Human, congrats. We are so happy for you :)

User avatar
ebeth
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ebeth » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:41 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
ebeth wrote:I seem to be out of the loop on this--how early would someone have to submit to be a candidate for this first batch? I was complete 12/17. Although they requested fall grades just last week so I probably shouldn't check the mail expectantly for a while.


and to answer your question lol...yeah if they requested grades last week, you're probably not in this batch.


that's what I figured. i'm going to get the mail as soon as it's here anyway, maybe there will be something else interesting in there. and desmond is awesome :D

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby CosmoLaw » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:42 pm

dulcatis wrote:
jd2014! wrote:Ah, I can't take this. High tech forum for wild speculation 24/7, plus notification sent by pony express = extreme emotional distress. My heart hurts.


Seriously :(


++
i was typing... help my screen has shrunk in fonts... how do i make it back to normal size

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby gatorgirl4life » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:43 pm

has anyone been accepted without a fall grades request? does anyone know if not getting one is a bad sign? i'm getting nervousss...

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby champsound » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:43 pm

hold control while scrolling on your mouse
CosmoLaw wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
jd2014! wrote:Ah, I can't take this. High tech forum for wild speculation 24/7, plus notification sent by pony express = extreme emotional distress. My heart hurts.


Seriously :(


++
i was typing... help my screen has shrunk in fonts... how do i make it back to normal size
Last edited by champsound on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CM612
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby CM612 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:43 pm

r6_philly wrote:
CM612 wrote:Has anybody in Philly gotten any mail at all today? My office hasn't but I'm not sure if that's just because the streets around here still look really bad. I want to know if I should be rushing home to check mail or not!


I am in the burbs, have not. But my office got mail in old city.


Damn. Home is in the burbs. Total loss of motivation to trek through the snow. Thanks!

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby CosmoLaw » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:44 pm

champsound wrote:hold control and scroll
CosmoLaw wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
jd2014! wrote:Ah, I can't take this. High tech forum for wild speculation 24/7, plus notification sent by pony express = extreme emotional distress. My heart hurts.


Seriously :(


++
i was typing... help my screen has shrunk in fonts... how do i make it back to normal size



GOT IT!!!! lol, thanks... i was trying that... it didn't work so I tried control and the + key. Clearly I'm not tech savvy

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby timmna » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:45 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:has anyone been accepted without a fall grades request? does anyone know if not getting one is a bad sign? i'm getting nervousss...


I think/hope a lot of people didn't get one. I know I didn't. (Not that I'm the strongest applicant.)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, curry4bfast and 4 guests