Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby LinzerTorte » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:18 pm

pinkzeppelin wrote:Checking in. Still no vomit sighted in Atlanta. =(


Pretty much no southern vomit at all, at this point, yeah?

(Besides Texas)

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:19 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:
pinkzeppelin wrote:Checking in. Still no vomit sighted in Atlanta. =(


Pretty much no southern vomit at all, at this point, yeah?

(Besides Texas)



Was there something in texas? I know that texan snowman got one but he is based in DC.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:
pinkzeppelin wrote:Checking in. Still no vomit sighted in Atlanta. =(


Pretty much no southern vomit at all, at this point, yeah?

(Besides Texas)



Was there something in texas? I know that texan snowman got one but he is based in DC.


Yeah there was a report in Dallas on the last page.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ahduth » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:21 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:
glitched wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
glitched wrote:haha if you listen to electro... i have a recommendation for you that will calm you down for sure and make all of these troubles just swim away.


That sounds kind of creepy, but if you are serious I am interested in your recommendation :)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ3UJKxeFco

this is relatively popular. and pretty light. good to start. Put your speakers/headphones all the way up, set your bass to 11, and just enjoy. Prepare at 1:03.

This is dubstep.

When you're done and ready, try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpEOErRV-u4 (This one just blew my mind away).


P.S. Sorry for going off-topic, but this might really help all of you feel better. :) I'm more than happy to go to PMs.


If I wasn't at work today, we could go back and forth for a while on this. Nice Deadmau5 'tar by the way.


lol That Skrillex remix is retarded.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:22 pm

Nothing in TN..

Also, for future reference.. Anyone on these boards who talks about consulting as a back-up for biglaw has no clue what they are talking about. Most intense interview ever.

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby CosmoLaw » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:22 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:
pinkzeppelin wrote:Checking in. Still no vomit sighted in Atlanta. =(


Pretty much no southern vomit at all, at this point, yeah?

(Besides Texas)



Was there something in texas? I know that texan snowman got one but he is based in DC.


Yeah there was a report in Dallas on the last page.



hahaha... we sound like journalists.... wait what? a VCE sighting.. where? when ? who?

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ahduth » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:25 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Nothing in TN..

Also, for future reference.. Anyone on these boards who talks about consulting as a back-up for biglaw has no clue what they are talking about. Most intense interview ever.


What firm?

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby absolutazn87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:27 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:hahaha... we sound like journalists.... wait what? a VCE sighting.. where? when ? who?


No VCE spotted here. This is absolutazn, in Manhattan. Back to you lolcats...:D

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby CosmoLaw » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:30 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:hahaha... we sound like journalists.... wait what? a VCE sighting.. where? when ? who?


No VCE spotted here. This is absolutazn, in Manhattan. Back to you lolcats...:D



That was absolutazn reporting live from Manhattan. We'll have the next update for you in 2 min. Right after this break, right here on TLS.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:30 pm

ahduth wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Nothing in TN..

Also, for future reference.. Anyone on these boards who talks about consulting as a back-up for biglaw has no clue what they are talking about. Most intense interview ever.


What firm?


Not a firm. Corporate strategy and development for a Fortune 500 (basically the in-house version of consulting). Department is run by a Bain and Co. alum though so interviews are in the style of Bain but maybe a little less intense.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ahduth » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Alright, for all you lolcatz people, I have something that will seriously calm you down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vnUJ_Bd-SU

No worries about VCEs after this.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:
pinkzeppelin wrote:Checking in. Still no vomit sighted in Atlanta. =(


Pretty much no southern vomit at all, at this point, yeah?

(Besides Texas)



Was there something in texas? I know that texan snowman got one but he is based in DC.


Check the Vomit Dispersement Chart™.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby absolutazn87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Programming on TLS is brought to you by....

tkgrrett wrote:
Not a firm. Corporate strategy and development for a Fortune 500 (basically the in-house version of consulting). Department is run by a Bain and Co. alum though so interviews are in the style of Bain but maybe a little less intense.

miracle124
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:38 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby miracle124 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:33 pm

VCE in North Carolina!! IN!
i'm in shock right now....
submit: 11/12 complete: 12/9

stats are 3.55 174 so exactly a 4.3 index

mouse13
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby mouse13 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:35 pm

In today in Manhattan! Good luck to those still waiting!

letter dated 1/26/11.
Last edited by mouse13 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ahduth » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:35 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
ahduth wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Nothing in TN..

Also, for future reference.. Anyone on these boards who talks about consulting as a back-up for biglaw has no clue what they are talking about. Most intense interview ever.


What firm?


Not a firm. Corporate strategy and development for a Fortune 500 (basically the in-house version of consulting). Department is run by a Bain and Co. alum though so interviews are in the style of Bain but maybe a little less intense.


Ah, yeah I'm actually looking to do corp dev-type work after I get this law degree. But it'd be more on the M&A side of course.

Either that or streamline the process of outsourcing legal work to India.

Any which way, I'd like to do something insidious and nasty. :D

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Hannibal » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:36 pm

miracle124 wrote:VCE in North Carolina!! IN!
i'm in shock right now....
submit: 11/12 complete: 12/9

stats are 3.55 174 so exactly a 4.3 index


Well, this gives me...SOME kind of hope. Ish.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby absolutazn87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:37 pm

mouse13 wrote:In today in Manhattan! Good luck to those still waiting!

letter dated 1/26/11.


OMG!!! They sent out another batch!!!

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby LinzerTorte » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:37 pm

mouse13 wrote:In today in Manhattan! Good luck to those still waiting!

letter dated 1/26/11.


WHOA

and congrats miracle and mouse!!!!!

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bistduverrueckt » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:38 pm

mouse13 wrote:In today in Manhattan! Good luck to those still waiting!

letter dated 1/26/11
.


THIS gives me hope.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby absolutazn87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:38 pm

mouse13 wrote:In today in Manhattan! Good luck to those still waiting!

letter dated 1/26/11.

HOPE

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 123kl » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:41 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
mouse13 wrote:In today in Manhattan! Good luck to those still waiting!

letter dated 1/26/11.

HOPE

Is this real? Heck of a first post!

User avatar
almightypush
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby almightypush » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Hannibal wrote:
miracle124 wrote:VCE in North Carolina!! IN!
i'm in shock right now....
submit: 11/12 complete: 12/9

stats are 3.55 174 so exactly a 4.3 index


Well, this gives me...SOME kind of hope. Ish.


+1

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby The Stig » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:41 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
mouse13 wrote:In today in Manhattan! Good luck to those still waiting!

letter dated 1/26/11.

HOPE


Fixed it :D

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:42 pm

The Stig wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:
mouse13 wrote:In today in Manhattan! Good luck to those still waiting!

letter dated 1/26/11.

HOPE


Fixed it :D


Credited :lol:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, AZnative, Baidu [Spider], Google Adsense [Bot], hangold, joezze, Keilz, laurlaur2112, lawlawland16, liuwenyu, PDX4343, piesandcookies, Pomegranate27, smashbash, Smc1994, sonyco and 33 guests