Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:09 pm

moxiepostulate wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:
rs2004 wrote:how can anyone watch that show? it's terrible.

:shock: :x :evil:


Methinks this is a bad tactic for getting into study groups...

Granted, I myself have never really seen the show... But considering how clever, nerdy, friendly and generously hilarious the GG lovin' crew is on here I am more than willing to give props/ a chance to someone's fave TV show for the sake of NYC solidarity :)

Now come on CLS. Hook up the rest of the crew here!


Edit:
.... GAAAAH CA???


Hypothesis real fast: They flew them out to Cali, and are distributing to the West Coast area from there. Maybe taking it by truck or train to midwest/south and other places a little bit closer to NYC.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Hannibal » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:09 pm

I so do not believe that California thing. My deferral letter from NYU was postmarked a week and a half before I got it O.o

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Hannibal wrote:I so do not believe that California thing. My deferral letter from NYU was postmarked a week and a half before I got it O.o


I played with the USPS thing and if they mailed it express or priority it could get here by today. Any idea how they mailed it?

User avatar
moxiepostulate
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby moxiepostulate » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:10 pm

WHERE IN CA?????????? Oh em muther frickin G.

I got my NYU letter next day.. BELIEVE!

egyptianprescription
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby egyptianprescription » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:10 pm

I'm in LA. Postmarked 1/24 same as everyone else. Must have been some freakishly fast plane or something.

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby glitched » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:11 pm

egyptianprescription wrote:I'm in LA. Postmarked 1/24 same as everyone else. Must have been some freakishly fast plane or something.


it was fueled by wishes, dreams, and the power to believe! Or just a Boeing 747.

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby timmna » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:11 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:Congrats to the rest accepted today! We will definitely be having Columbia Gossip Girl discussion nights for the rest of the season. We should start a thread in the lounge!

And everyone else, seriously do not give up hope! They were delayed this admissions cycle, they may be sending things out in batches.


What a gorgeous idea.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Hannibal » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:13 pm

egyptianprescription wrote:I'm in LA. Postmarked 1/24 same as everyone else. Must have been some freakishly fast plane or something.


Maybe flew into LAX? If so, the packets should get to me and Knock tomorrow or the next day.

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby daisyduke » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:14 pm

timmna wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:Congrats to the rest accepted today! We will definitely be having Columbia Gossip Girl discussion nights for the rest of the season. We should start a thread in the lounge!

And everyone else, seriously do not give up hope! They were delayed this admissions cycle, they may be sending things out in batches.


What a gorgeous idea.


Agreed!

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Hannibal wrote:
egyptianprescription wrote:I'm in LA. Postmarked 1/24 same as everyone else. Must have been some freakishly fast plane or something.


Maybe flew into LAX? If so, the packets should get to me and Knock tomorrow or the next day.


Sounds reasonable. I'll report back in about 75 minutes.

User avatar
jtemp320
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jtemp320 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:17 pm

WHAAA? I am in LA but stuck at work...now I cant go home to check for 3 hours!

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby c_dubya_s » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:18 pm

No vomit in DC. Sadness :(

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby starrydreamz3 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:18 pm

daisyduke wrote:
timmna wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:Congrats to the rest accepted today! We will definitely be having Columbia Gossip Girl discussion nights for the rest of the season. We should start a thread in the lounge!

And everyone else, seriously do not give up hope! They were delayed this admissions cycle, they may be sending things out in batches.


What a gorgeous idea.


Agreed!


viewtopic.php?f=10&t=145763

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Confused7 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:21 pm

Nothing in Queens once again....any more NYCers?

Spykuh
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Spykuh » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:23 pm

egyptianprescription wrote:I'm in LA. Postmarked 1/24 same as everyone else. Must have been some freakishly fast plane or something.


definitely panicking up here in the bay now.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:24 pm

Spykuh wrote:
egyptianprescription wrote:I'm in LA. Postmarked 1/24 same as everyone else. Must have been some freakishly fast plane or something.


definitely panicking up here in the bay now.


Give it at least a few more days. They likely flew them into LA and are distributing them from there by truck, so it will be at least a couple days most likely until it reaches people in the Bay.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:28 pm

Confused7 wrote:Nothing in Queens once again....any more NYCers?


I think only one NYCer posted something today, and she's in Paris and her parents called her so we're not sure if they got it yesterday or today.

So...no idea :/

Image

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 pm

dulcatis wrote:
Confused7 wrote:Nothing in Queens once again....any more NYCers?


I think only one NYCer posted something today, and she's in Paris and her parents called her so we're not sure if they got it yesterday or today.

So...no idea :/

Image


<3333333333333333333333

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby absolutazn87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:30 pm

dulcatis wrote:
Confused7 wrote:Nothing in Queens once again....any more NYCers?


I think only one NYCer posted something today, and she's in Paris and her parents called her so we're not sure if they got it yesterday or today.

So...no idea :/

Image

<3

User avatar
bkhopeful
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bkhopeful » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Confused7 wrote:Nothing in Queens once again....any more NYCers?


Nothing in Brooklyn either. NYU Part 2.

Confession: just shelled out $ to buy Monday's GG on iTunes for solace. This is low.

dianaw
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby dianaw » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:35 pm

There will be other waves, yes? This isn't the only wave of acceptances, right?

User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby lzyovrachievr » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:42 pm

dulcatis wrote:Image

Joining the party with you, love. <3 (Us almost number twins should stick together, right?)

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:42 pm

bkhopeful wrote:
Confused7 wrote:Nothing in Queens once again....any more NYCers?


Nothing in Brooklyn either. NYU Part 2.

Confession: just shelled out $ to buy Monday's GG on iTunes for solace. This is low.


This is possible? I'm in..

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:01 pm

egyptianprescription wrote:Weird. I just got my packet. In California.

Officially freaking now cuz I didn't get anything today. Hopes now shattered.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:03 pm

law_monkey wrote:
egyptianprescription wrote:Weird. I just got my packet. In California.

Officially freaking now cuz I didn't get anything today. Hopes now shattered.


--ImageRemoved--




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, dala77, hellohalo and 7 guests