Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
absolutazn87

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby absolutazn87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:43 pm

decided to bring some xkcd into this thread :)

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:55 pm

Nobody else envelopes yet? These vce spottings just seem so random

7ED

Postby 7ED » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:56 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:To International Applicants (esp. Canadian),

I just called admissions and asked whether emails are being sent out for Canadian applicants. She said that the ad. com. depending on the address MAY opt for email but doesn't necessarily do so. So if you have received no email, it does not indicate a rejection. They are not consistent in their emails.

Yay?

Cosmo you are my hero! Gl, and im guessing you are in Toronto.

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:56 pm

thecilent wrote:Nobody else envelopes yet? These vce spottings just seem so random

Since the whole VCE delivery radius is smothered with a snowstorm, I think it might just be coming down to which mailmans are more willing to brave the snow :\

CosmoLaw

Postby CosmoLaw » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:57 pm

7ED wrote:

I just called admissions and asked whether emails are being sent out for Canadian applicants. She said that the ad. com. depending on the address MAY opt for email but doesn't necessarily do so. So if you have received no email, it does not indicate a rejection. They are not consistent in their emails.

Yay?

Haha, yeah I'm in Toronto... and you?

glitched

Postby glitched » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:58 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
thecilent wrote:Nobody else envelopes yet? These vce spottings just seem so random

Since the whole VCE delivery radius is smothered with a snowstorm, I think it might just be coming down to which mailmans are more willing to brave the snow :\

except the ones flown into california yesterday. they are in 50 degree weather, maybe losing some color though due to too much sun exposure.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:58 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:

USPS wrote:neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night, nor the winds of change, nor a nation challenged, will stay us from the swift completion of our appointed rounds. Ever.

Verisimi

Postby Verisimi » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:58 pm

For all the people that have a VCE so far (or for anyone who has been stalking this thread better than me :) ) - has anyone received a named scholarship apart from the one email yesterday?

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:59 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:

Argh! Why don't they just send emails and mail the packets later. :(

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:00 pm

Confused7 wrote:Argh! Why don't they just send emails and mail the packets later. :(

It's Columbia, tradition matters!

SentinelsOfEvil

Postby SentinelsOfEvil » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:00 pm

7ED wrote:

Yay?

Am an international applicant too... Got my acceptance today... Good luck for the rest of you waiting for results....

daisyduke

Postby daisyduke » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:01 pm

Confused7 wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:

Argh! Why don't they just send emails and mail the packets later. :(

AGREED! Also, It's only 1pm EST so a lot of people haven't gotten their mail yet. Mine doesn't come till 3pm.

7ED

Postby 7ED » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:03 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
7ED wrote:

Yay?

Haha, yeah I'm in Toronto... and you?

Vancouver! We will be classmates!

neonx

Postby neonx » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Has anyone received a paper rejection yet?

CosmoLaw

Postby CosmoLaw » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:04 pm

SentinelsOfEvil wrote:Am an international applicant too... Got my acceptance today... Good luck for the rest of you waiting for results....

Are you in Canada and did you get it via e-mail or snail mail? And Oh yeah, Congratulations!

djfe4president

Postby djfe4president » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:05 pm

Brooklyn...no letter yet. The snow is crazy though

CosmoLaw

Postby CosmoLaw » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:05 pm

7ED wrote:Vancouver! We will be classmates!

I hope so... I certainly don't have the greatest LSAT, which CLS seems to favor.... Although I certainly hope you're right.

SentinelsOfEvil

Postby SentinelsOfEvil » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:06 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
SentinelsOfEvil wrote:Am an international applicant too... Got my acceptance today... Good luck for the rest of you waiting for results....

Are you in Canada and did you get it via e-mail or snail mail? And Oh yeah, Congratulations!

In Singapore. And I got it via e-mail

CosmoLaw

Postby CosmoLaw » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:09 pm

SentinelsOfEvil wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:

That is a relief (that you're not Canadian as that would have portended doom for us). Anywho, Congrats.

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:10 pm

7ED wrote:

Yay?

I did tis several pages back and no love.

CosmoLaw

Postby CosmoLaw » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:13 pm

CastleRock wrote:
7ED wrote:

Yay?

Haha, not at all. Your post was precisely what triggered me to attempt to procure a more specific response for Canadians. You are the giant whose shoulders I stood on :wink:

SentinelsOfEvil

Postby SentinelsOfEvil » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:16 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
SentinelsOfEvil wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:

That is a relief (that you're not Canadian as that would have portended doom for us). Anywho, Congrats.

thnx... hope you hear good news soon...

7ED

Postby 7ED » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:21 pm

CastleRock wrote:
7ED wrote:

Yay?

Don't worry, we all love you too. :D

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:27 pm

I'm not going to get to check my mail until 6pm or so here in DC, and that one DC envelope (with my EXACT submit date) is killing me right now. Time to put the roomies on the case...

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:31 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:I'm not going to get to check my mail until 6pm or so here in DC, and that one DC envelope (with my EXACT submit date) is killing me right now. Time to put the roomies on the case...

Good luck!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”