Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:02 am

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:Also, dulc, when I talked about 24 hours softening the blow, OBVI I meant me not you, since you are most def getting in and hardly anyone from Manhattan heard today. Which you know. Just to clarify :)

Awww hahaha I def didn't take it that way :)

Also, I was totally serious about if people who don't get letters tomorrow want to get drinks this weekend. Because I am DOWN.

So we are up to two Manhattan people! And this will surprise no one, but I'm making a spreadsheet.

I am very down, and people who did get letters would be welcome as well, at least in my book!

Yeah, but they just have to not take it personally when we curse Columbia and cry into our drinks. :)

pulandasu

Postby pulandasu » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:06 am

dulcatis wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:Also, dulc, when I talked about 24 hours softening the blow, OBVI I meant me not you, since you are most def getting in and hardly anyone from Manhattan heard today. Which you know. Just to clarify :)

Also, I was totally serious about if people who don't get letters tomorrow want to get drinks this weekend. Because I am DOWN.

So we are up to two Manhattan people! And this will surprise no one, but I'm making a spreadsheet.

I am very down, and people who did get letters would be welcome as well, at least in my book!

fellow manhattan (WL/reject) joining... it's really discouraging for me because my friend sent me a wedding invitation from manhattan and it was postmarked yesterday and i got it today in my mail box... so clearly, my mailman did not miss anything this morning.

glitched

Postby glitched » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:10 am

lol is all this waitlist/rejection thing in manhattan based on any actual proof or is it all just speculation?

pulandasu

Postby pulandasu » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:11 am

glitched wrote:lol is all this waitlist/rejection thing in manhattan based on any actual proof or is it all just speculation?

speculation today -> reality by 7pm tomorrow

leopardRAWR

Postby leopardRAWR » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:12 am

Congrats to everyone with vomit-filled mailboxes! I predict much more vomit in yalls mailboxes this week :D

Does anyone know if you updated your transcripts in early January and it raised your index, do they consider the new higher index at all or is the decision probably already made with your old index at that point if you submitted in early October?

Postby 4102011 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:13 am

pulandasu wrote:
glitched wrote:lol is all this waitlist/rejection thing in manhattan based on any actual proof or is it all just speculation?

speculation today -> reality by 7pm tomorrow

Basically last year, NYCers all received their packages within the first two days (according to last year's Columbia 2010 thread and LSN stalking) for this wave (which you're probably in, except for a few Nov/Dec people). So probably tomorrow or bust for the rest of us :(

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:13 am

leopardRAWR wrote:Congrats to everyone with vomit-filled mailboxes! I predict much more vomit in yalls mailboxes this week :D

Does anyone know if you updated your transcripts in early January and it raised your index, do they consider the new higher index at all or is the decision probably already made with your old index at that point if you submitted in early October?

This is relevant to my interests.

glitched

Postby glitched » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:18 am

i realized that i made a pretty big mistake on my columbia application recently. loll if i don't get in, i'm going to try my best not to blame it on that cause i don't think i could deal with it if it was. haha cool story though right? just thought i'd share.

pennyloafer17

Postby pennyloafer17 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:25 am

glitched wrote:i realized that i made a pretty big mistake on my columbia application recently. loll if i don't get in, i'm going to try my best not to blame it on that cause i don't think i could deal with it if it was. haha cool story though right? just thought i'd share.

How big a mistake? I found a typo in my DS after I sent it to almost every school I applied to...and I don't think anyone noticed it. Or if they did they did not care. Don't worry:)

Dany

Postby Dany » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:25 am

glitched wrote:i realized that i made a pretty big mistake on my columbia application recently. loll if i don't get in, i'm going to try my best not to blame it on that cause i don't think i could deal with it if it was. haha cool story though right? just thought i'd share.

...are you going to tell us??

Postby 4102011 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:26 am

eskimo wrote:

I'm curious toooo <3

LinzerTorte

Postby LinzerTorte » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:27 am

dulcatis wrote:
eskimo wrote:

I'm curious toooo <3

+1
Was it the wrong school name thing?

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:28 am

pulandasu wrote:
dulcatis wrote:

fellow manhattan (WL/reject) joining... it's really discouraging for me because my friend sent me a wedding invitation from manhattan and it was postmarked yesterday and i got it today in my mail box... so clearly, my mailman did not miss anything this morning.

Did your friend mail it from the Upper West Side? And/or in the afternoon? If not, I'm not sure that proves anything. Not to be disagreeable, just to give you and us all back a little sliver of hope.

glitched

Postby glitched » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:29 am

haha i forgot to include the high school in which I graduated and the dates (Question 12). I seriously don't know how I missed it when I was filling it out, checking it before submitting, and checking it again after submitting, and then occasionally checking it again for the next few weeks. But then FINALLY see that I did this right when the letter being sent out frenzy began. hahaha it's just... laziness. OH WELL. I'm over it. I'm under the conviction that it wouldn't have mattered if I had it or not, and no one dare try to change me. LOL

edit: well the only reason it's even more bothersome is that there are a few minor typos throughout the application. and one or two might not be noticed (and these are the ones i noticed), but three is just getting slopppppy.
Last edited by glitched on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 4102011 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:31 am

Excellence = a Habit wrote:Did your friend mail it from the Upper West Side? And/or in the afternoon? If not, I'm not sure that proves anything. Not to be disagreeable, just to give you and us all back a little sliver of hope.

Yeah! Your friend could've mailed it early in the day or something, so it got there faster.

No NYCers are allowed to give up hope until tomorrow! After then, HOT MESS TIME.

--ImageRemoved--

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:47 am

Haha totally up for CLS rejection drinks with NYCers this weekend if tomorrow doesn't work out.

Just checking in. Upper East Sider without vomit in my mailbox :(

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:11 am

Weren't we also wrong about them sending out letters last Friday? So maybe we're a little off on their timing overall. :D Stay strong fellow NYCers!

glitched

Postby glitched » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:17 am

glitched wrote:haha i forgot to include the high school in which I graduated and the dates (Question 12). I seriously don't know how I missed it when I was filling it out, checking it before submitting, and checking it again after submitting, and then occasionally checking it again for the next few weeks. But then FINALLY see that I did this right when the letter being sent out frenzy began. hahaha it's just... laziness. OH WELL. I'm over it. I'm under the conviction that it wouldn't have mattered if I had it or not, and no one dare try to change me. LOL

edit: well the only reason it's even more bothersome is that there are a few minor typos throughout the application. and one or two might not be noticed (and these are the ones i noticed), but three is just getting slopppppy.

MAN - i was hoping for some reassurance that this was in fact not a big deal! LOLL oh well. time to join those "lolcats" soon i guess.

7ED

Postby 7ED » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:26 am

dulcatis wrote:
dulcatis wrote:

Yeah, but they just have to not take it personally when we curse Columbia and cry into our drinks. :)

I wish I was in Manhattan!

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:27 am

glitched wrote:
glitched wrote:haha i forgot to include the high school in which I graduated and the dates (Question 12). I seriously don't know how I missed it when I was filling it out, checking it before submitting, and checking it again after submitting, and then occasionally checking it again for the next few weeks. But then FINALLY see that I did this right when the letter being sent out frenzy began. hahaha it's just... laziness. OH WELL. I'm over it. I'm under the conviction that it wouldn't have mattered if I had it or not, and no one dare try to change me. LOL

MAN - i was hoping for some reassurance that this was in fact not a big deal! LOLL oh well. time to join those "lolcats" soon i guess.

Ooops, I should have responded - I legit don't think it's a huge deal. I've heard anecdotally from a couple of people who got in at places where they thought careless typos would kill them. Leaving out your high school in particular doesn't seem like a bad one. You're right that it may have created an image of carelessness, but it also may not have. Overall, it paled in comparison to the inevitable many essays they got with NYU/Chicago's name in the place of CLS.

7ED

Postby 7ED » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:30 am

Excellence = a Habit wrote:How about this: Any seminar class > any intro lecture class of same subject... especially when that subject is macro econ. I'm sure we can all agree on that :)

The credited response. This needs to be on the LSAT. Those who get it right get automatic HYSCCN admissions! wooo!

eaa1537

Postby eaa1537 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:06 am

jeeeeeez i go out for the night (yes i know it's a tuesday but I'm crazy) and this thread explodesss! congrats to all the admitsssss, and let's pray for vce in DC tomorrow :D

awahoya

Postby awahoya » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:58 am

glitched wrote:

Ooops, I should have responded - I legit don't think it's a huge deal. I've heard anecdotally from a couple of people who got in at places where they thought careless typos would kill them. Leaving out your high school in particular doesn't seem like a bad one. You're right that it may have created an image of carelessness, but it also may not have. Overall, it paled in comparison to the inevitable many essays they got with NYU/Chicago's name in the place of CLS.

+1- I think that's a very good point about minor typos vs. different schools name in the PS *scrambles to log into LSAC to make sure he didn't make said mistake in CLS essay*

vertex

Postby vertex » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:26 am

Tomorrow's gonna be a big wave of VCEs, I can feel it.

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:28 am

vertex wrote:Tomorrow's gonna be a big wave of VCEs, I can feel it.

:lol:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”