Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WestOfTheRest

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:56 pm

7ED wrote:
sarahh wrote:
Knock wrote:No vomit in California, guess I am destined for the waitlist.

Living in California means
- You get the rejection letter from Stanford sooner than everyone else.
- You have to wait longer than everyone else for the vomit-colored envelope.

+1. Im in Canada, so I've got it even worse. XD

In all fairness, you should get an email if you are in canada.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:57 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:Out by vomit omission in South Brooklyn. (To really confirm it, did others in South Brooklyn get letters today, or all you all too hip to live below Prospect Park?) Man... I sure wish I had a 172. Or that I hadn't taken Macroecon :)

Super huge congratulations to those who heard today!! And Knock, congrats in advance :)

Noooooooo, give it another day Habit!!!

7ED

Postby 7ED » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:57 pm

CastleRock wrote:
7ED wrote:
CastleRock wrote:for all those who are abroad and have yet to receive an email, relax. Plenty of people abroad have yet to receive the email, even with numbers that are pretty much auto-admit at CLS. So don't worry, calm down, relax, and wait and see. Last year decisions were posted for a few weeks.

Wait, so Canadians don't get a package they get an e-mail?

They still get the package but they get the email first due to the length of time to deliver the package (I assume this is the reason)

Does the e-mail come usually within a day or two of the package being mailed? Or should we worry that its like 10PM New York time and there is no e-mail O.o

Postby 4102011 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:02 pm

123kl wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:Out by vomit omission in South Brooklyn. (To really confirm it, did others in South Brooklyn get letters today, or all you all too hip to live below Prospect Park?) Man... I sure wish I had a 172. Or that I hadn't taken Macroecon :)

Super huge congratulations to those who heard today!! And Knock, congrats in advance :)

Yeah, just want to confirm, there were letters today that were received in lower Manhattan?

In this thread, only one Manhattan person got in, and they're in the LES. But guys, give it until tomorrow. Maybe our mailpersons just hate us :/

Kent M

Postby Kent M » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 pm

Interesting. I didn't know there were December and January completes getting these letters. I guess I have to join the frenzy as well. :(

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:07 pm

dulcatis wrote:
123kl wrote:

Yeah, just want to confirm, there were letters today that were received in lower Manhattan?

In this thread, only one Manhattan person got in, and they're in the LES. But guys, give it until tomorrow. Maybe our mailpersons just hate us :/

Yeah. I definitely pissed him off once. That's probably it.

It'll be good to have 24 hours to let it sink in before it's officially confirmed. Not that I thought I had a good chance, but I just really wanted it. NOT TO BE A DOWNER!!!

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:09 pm

dulcatis wrote:
123kl wrote:

My hypothesis is that the letters left Columbia late yesterday or early this morning, and didn't make it that far during the day today (missing most NYC mail delivery routes). Most mail carriers probably pick up the mail for their routes around noon, maybe before (although that's just a guess). I don't think it's time for NYC people to give up hope yet by a longshot.

If I'm right, this thread should really start to explode in the next day or two. Where's Vertex when we need him?

LinzerTorte

Postby LinzerTorte » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:12 pm

Knock wrote:

+1!!!!

7ED

Postby 7ED » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:14 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
123kl wrote:

It'll be good to have 24 hours to let it sink in before it's officially confirmed. Not that I thought I had a good chance, but I just really wanted it. NOT TO BE A DOWNER!!!

YES +1 for macroecon ruining grades. If we get in, we can drink to that. XD

123kl

Postby 123kl » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:16 pm

7ED wrote:
123kl wrote:

haha i took micro second semester senior year as an elective.... eventually decided pass/fail was a good idea :D

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:18 pm

7ED wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
123kl wrote:

Hahaha awesome!

Also, dulc, when I talked about 24 hours softening the blow, OBVI I meant me not you, since you are most def getting in and hardly anyone from Manhattan heard today. Which you know. Just to clarify :)
LinzerTorte wrote:
Knock wrote:

+1!!!!

<3 Knock and Linzer

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:19 pm

Economics is the most awesome major ever. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

<3

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:24 pm

I just want to congratulate everyone on the fact that while a lot of threads were nearing 100 pages Columbia was still in the teens or something. Now it's only 40 pages behind NYU, which has been releasing decisions and therefore super speculatory/active for over a month now. Go us! :D

awahoya

Postby awahoya » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:25 pm

7ED wrote:YES +1 for macroecon ruining grades. If we get in, we can drink to that. XD

I'm soooo a +15 or so for this....that and int. finance...

7ED

Postby 7ED » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:26 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:Economics is the most awesome major ever. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

<3

pffft. history is clearly the way to go.

But since we are all obsessing on the TLS forums... I think we can agree that Law > all our majors.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:26 pm

Econ minor representinggggg over here.

Please please envelopes to more NYC and NJ tomorrow. Gahhhh

justhoping

Postby justhoping » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:30 pm

so no e-mail in Canada today means trouble?
sigh... do people ever get in from the WL?

apple430

Postby apple430 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:31 pm

dulcatis wrote:
123kl wrote:

got the packet today in midtown manhattan!

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:31 pm

How about this: Any seminar class > any intro lecture class of same subject... especially when that subject is macro econ. I'm sure we can all agree on that :)

Postby 4102011 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:39 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:Also, dulc, when I talked about 24 hours softening the blow, OBVI I meant me not you, since you are most def getting in and hardly anyone from Manhattan heard today. Which you know. Just to clarify :)

Awww hahaha I def didn't take it that way :)

Also, I was totally serious about if people who don't get letters tomorrow want to get drinks this weekend. Because I am DOWN.

So we are up to two Manhattan people! And this will surprise no one, but I'm making a spreadsheet.

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:40 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:How about this: Any seminar class > any intro lecture class of same subject... especially when that subject is macro econ. I'm sure we can all agree on that :)

As a wannabe macro economist, I tend to disagree.

=P

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:41 pm

dulcatis wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:Also, dulc, when I talked about 24 hours softening the blow, OBVI I meant me not you, since you are most def getting in and hardly anyone from Manhattan heard today. Which you know. Just to clarify :)

Also, I was totally serious about if people who don't get letters tomorrow want to get drinks this weekend. Because I am DOWN.

So we are up to two Manhattan people! And this will surprise no one, but I'm making a spreadsheet.

Make sure you take a shot for all the poor Cali people please!!!

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:44 pm

dulcatis wrote:

I am very down, and people who did get letters would be welcome as well, at least in my book!

awahoya

Postby awahoya » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:45 pm

law_monkey wrote:
dulcatis wrote:

Make sure you take a shot for all the poor Cali people please!!!

and those abroad!!!

vertex

Postby vertex » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:01 am

starrydreamz3 wrote:Economics is the most awesome major ever. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Bioengineering > Econ

Sorry starry! But Econ > everything else!! :)
Last edited by vertex on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”