Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby starrydreamz3 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:10 pm

The Stig wrote:this might have already been posted and I missed it in reading through the 10 pages of vomit excitement, but CLS posted a new blog post earlier
http://blogs.law.columbia.edu/admissions/2011/01/25/decision-time/

Look at all the envelopes!!!!!!!
Image


Holy
Fucking
Shit


I want one!!!!

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby sarahlawg » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:11 pm

The Stig wrote:this might have already been posted and I missed it in reading through the 10 pages of vomit excitement, but CLS posted a new blog post earlier
http://blogs.law.columbia.edu/admissions/2011/01/25/decision-time/

Look at all the envelopes!!!!!!!
Image


those look creamy...

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 123kl » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:11 pm

The Stig wrote:this might have already been posted and I missed it in reading through the 10 pages of vomit excitement, but CLS posted a new blog post earlier
http://blogs.law.columbia.edu/admissions/2011/01/25/decision-time/

Look at all the envelopes!!!!!!!
Image


Hmmm don't see mine there :D

User avatar
pinkzeppelin
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby pinkzeppelin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:16 pm

The Stig wrote:Image


Enhance!

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bdubs » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:17 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
The Stig wrote:this might have already been posted and I missed it in reading through the 10 pages of vomit excitement, but CLS posted a new blog post earlier
http://blogs.law.columbia.edu/admissions/2011/01/25/decision-time/

Look at all the envelopes!!!!!!!


those look creamy...


Those are application files, not decision letters.

User avatar
thunderflesh
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thunderflesh » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Just received an acceptance letter =D =D =D

172 / 3.63

Wasn't really expecting this...!!! Have to choose between CLS and NYU...

User avatar
awahoya
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:57 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby awahoya » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:19 pm

Congrats to everyone who got in!!!!!!


Do they send to current or permanent addy? Living abroad, I'm kinda hoping it's permanent...

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby LinzerTorte » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:20 pm

alicen wrote:is the consensus really that if you don't get in with this first batch of acceptance letters, you're destined for WL/reject? :(


There is no way that's true. On LSN last year there are people who sent 1/27 and 1/25 who got in, and LSN is a sample skewed towards early applicants as it is.

Edit: And I found someone who sent 2/01.
Last edited by LinzerTorte on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bdubs » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:21 pm

thunderflesh wrote:Just received an acceptance letter =D =D =D

172 / 3.63

Wasn't really expecting this...!!! Have to choose between CLS and NYU...


Congrats! You have reinforced the hope for this sub-4.3 applicant. Now I might actually be disappointed with a WL/Ding.

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby sarahlawg » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:28 pm

bdubs wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:
The Stig wrote:this might have already been posted and I missed it in reading through the 10 pages of vomit excitement, but CLS posted a new blog post earlier
http://blogs.law.columbia.edu/admissions/2011/01/25/decision-time/

Look at all the envelopes!!!!!!!


those look creamy...


Those are application files, not decision letters.


thank goodness, lol

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby The Stig » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:32 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
bdubs wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:
The Stig wrote:this might have already been posted and I missed it in reading through the 10 pages of vomit excitement, but CLS posted a new blog post earlier
http://blogs.law.columbia.edu/admissions/2011/01/25/decision-time/

Look at all the envelopes!!!!!!!


those look creamy...


Those are application files, not decision letters.


thank goodness, lol


they look like envelopes to me, but they might be folders....
Image

User avatar
thunderflesh
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thunderflesh » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:35 pm

bdubs wrote:
thunderflesh wrote:Just received an acceptance letter =D =D =D

172 / 3.63

Wasn't really expecting this...!!! Have to choose between CLS and NYU...


Congrats! You have reinforced the hope for this sub-4.3 applicant. Now I might actually be disappointed with a WL/Ding.


Thanks!

I think that my softs really pushed me over the edge; my whole cycle has gone better than I anticipated. My numbers only made me a marginal candidate for CLS, and I got into U.Chicago, despite the small class size.

So if there's a lesson here, it's that softs can really make a difference!

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby c_dubya_s » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:43 pm

Got back to my apt, opened mailbox. A notice! I had a package at the front desk!
Heart pounding, I went to go get it...

...it was a book for my roommate.

Went up to my apartment. Opened the door. In the dark, I could see a large, light-colored envelope on the coffee table. My heart rate spiked again...

...it was an admissions packet from GULC.

Guess there's nothing in DC today.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ahduth » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:49 pm

The Stig wrote:this might have already been posted and I missed it in reading through the 10 pages of vomit excitement, but CLS posted a new blog post earlier
http://blogs.law.columbia.edu/admissions/2011/01/25/decision-time/

Look at all the envelopes!!!!!!!
Image


Who's responsible for vomiting on all these?

User avatar
annie2010
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby annie2010 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:51 pm

FYI to my ED buddies: No special packet in the mail today.

User avatar
awahoya
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:57 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby awahoya » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Sorry to revisit this- but is the consensus that the only people that got e-mails abroad today are the ones that ED'ed and already found out?

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:57 pm

awahoya wrote:Sorry to revisit this- but is the consensus that the only people that got e-mails abroad today are the ones that ED'ed and already found out?

no.

User avatar
jdstl
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jdstl » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Have to wait to Thursday (according to the calculator) for Missouri...Noooooooooooo

User avatar
awahoya
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:57 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby awahoya » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:04 pm

CastleRock wrote:
awahoya wrote:Sorry to revisit this- but is the consensus that the only people that got e-mails abroad today are the ones that ED'ed and already found out?

no.


Hmm, gotcha, thanks.

User avatar
Raramuri415
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:19 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Raramuri415 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:06 pm

thunderflesh wrote:Just received an acceptance letter =D =D =D

172 / 3.63

Wasn't really expecting this...!!! Have to choose between CLS and NYU...


Congrats Thunder, where are you located?

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby arism87 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:07 pm

jdstl wrote:Have to wait to Thursday (according to the calculator) for Missouri...Noooooooooooo


Can I get a link to this calculator? I looked but I'm struggling. I never use snail mail, don't even know what I'm looking for, really.. lol

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:08 pm

awahoya wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
awahoya wrote:Sorry to revisit this- but is the consensus that the only people that got e-mails abroad today are the ones that ED'ed and already found out?

no.


Hmm, gotcha, thanks.

Abroads have got acceptance emails today.

User avatar
jtemp320
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jtemp320 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:17 pm

arism87 wrote:
jdstl wrote:Have to wait to Thursday (according to the calculator) for Missouri...Noooooooooooo


Can I get a link to this calculator? I looked but I'm struggling. I never use snail mail, don't even know what I'm looking for, really.. lol


+1 looked back through this thread but its gotten crazy - link please?

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby CosmoLaw » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:19 pm

CastleRock wrote:
awahoya wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
awahoya wrote:Sorry to revisit this- but is the consensus that the only people that got e-mails abroad today are the ones that ED'ed and already found out?

no.


Hmm, gotcha, thanks.

Abroads have got acceptance emails today.



Then I suppose mine is a rejection. No email.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:21 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
Then I suppose mine is a rejection. No email.

I've only heard of one case so I don't know. I didn't get one and I'm a little pissed about it. But I guess let's just wait and see.


Plus, I'm calling them tomorrow to find out. hahaha




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., cyclawps, JazzyMac, lsa16, potatocowpower, ramp_999 and 14 guests