Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jd2014! » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:14 pm

hoopla14 wrote:Can't be Monday, right? We don't think people are actually putting things in the mail today.



Gotta be Tuesday at the earliest... or (gulp) February...

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:15 pm

jd2014! wrote:
hoopla14 wrote:Can't be Monday, right? We don't think people are actually putting things in the mail today.



Gotta be Tuesday at the earliest... or (gulp) February...


What's another week?

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby c_dubya_s » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:16 pm

r6_philly wrote:
jd2014! wrote:
hoopla14 wrote:Can't be Monday, right? We don't think people are actually putting things in the mail today.



Gotta be Tuesday at the earliest... or (gulp) February...


What's another week?


A lot of nervous vomiting? Thousands of LOLcats?

lshamlet
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby lshamlet » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:17 pm

r6_philly wrote:
jd2014! wrote:
hoopla14 wrote:Can't be Monday, right? We don't think people are actually putting things in the mail today.



Gotta be Tuesday at the earliest... or (gulp) February...


What's another week?


I hate to rain on the parade, but IIRC they didn't say WHEN in February...we shouldn't be assuming that "beginning in February" means envelopes will arrive in our mailboxes Feb 1st :P I wouldn't be too surprised if no one knew til a week or two into Feb.
Last edited by lshamlet on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:17 pm

hoopla14 wrote:Can't be Monday, right? We don't think people are actually putting things in the mail today.


Noooo, but CLS could have left them in a bin on Friday evening for pick up, then USPS could have picked them up today and brought them to the like post office. There they were sorting them all day and they'll be in the wheelbarrows on Monday morning. Quite. 8)

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:28 am

lshamlet wrote:
I hate to rain on the parade, but IIRC they didn't say WHEN in February...we shouldn't be assuming that "beginning in February" means envelopes will arrive in our mailboxes Feb 1st :P I wouldn't be too surprised if no one knew til a week or two into Feb.


This kind of thinking is not allowed in this thread. :evil:

Noooo, but CLS could have left them in a bin on Friday evening for pick up, then USPS could have picked them up today and brought them to the like post office. There they were sorting them all day and they'll be in the wheelbarrows on Monday morning. Quite. 8)


This kind of thinking is. :D

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:30 am

law_monkey wrote:
lshamlet wrote:
I hate to rain on the parade, but IIRC they didn't say WHEN in February...we shouldn't be assuming that "beginning in February" means envelopes will arrive in our mailboxes Feb 1st :P I wouldn't be too surprised if no one knew til a week or two into Feb.


This kind of thinking is not allowed in this thread. :evil:

Noooo, but CLS could have left them in a bin on Friday evening for pick up, then USPS could have picked them up today and brought them to the like post office. There they were sorting them all day and they'll be in the wheelbarrows on Monday morning. Quite. 8)


This kind of thinking is. :D


This, and pretty much every law_monkey post, is highly credited :P.

texaskk
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby texaskk » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:53 pm

I can't believe I actually had to go to the 2nd page to find this thread... Who's crossing fingers for decisions tomorrow?!

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby dabbadon8 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:02 pm

I can't believe with my 4.22 index I am following this thread. I should of learned about getting my hopes up after the chicago WL.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:17 pm

TLS mafia is helping me get through this weekend <3

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby absolutazn87 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:18 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:I can't believe with my 4.22 index I am following this thread. I should of learned about getting my hopes up after the chicago WL.


Haha yea...Columbia was brutal to the EDs this year too. I'm a 4.31 index and I dun think anyone has gotten in at or lower than mine.

But one can hope!!

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:35 pm

dulcatis wrote:TLS mafia is helping me get through this weekend whole application process. <3 you all!


Edit: FTFY

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:58 pm

law_monkey wrote:
dulcatis wrote:TLS mafia is helping me get through this weekend whole application process. <3 you all!


Edit: FTFY


That too <3333

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby LinzerTorte » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:24 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:I can't believe with my 4.22 index I am following this thread. I should of learned about getting my hopes up after the chicago WL.


Haha yea...Columbia was brutal to the EDs this year too. I'm a 4.31 index and I dun think anyone has gotten in at or lower than mine.

But one can hope!!


Not to start the index talk all over again, but eeeeeeeeeeee!

:( :(

I just want to knoooooow, guys, commmmeeee onnnnnnnnnn.

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby gatorgirl4life » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:47 pm

sorry if this has already been answered, but have any RD people who applied after mid november received fall grade requests? i'm worried that maybe they don't care about me/ have already decided to reject me... :cry:

miracle2011
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby miracle2011 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:55 pm

Does anyone know the soonest a person has received a decision (in the past) after a fall grade request? I'm RD and went complete in late September and received a grade request last Thursday, does that mean I won't hear back from Columbia for a while?

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby absolutazn87 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:59 pm

dulcatis wrote:TLS mafia is helping me get through this weekend <3

+1 :D

7ED
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 7ED » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:01 pm

WHAT theres a game of mafia on TLS? Where can I jump in?! :lol:

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Dany » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:37 pm

7ED wrote:WHAT theres a game of mafia on TLS? Where can I jump in?! :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=145301

duckmoney
Posts: 886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby duckmoney » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:52 pm

So when do the dings start flying?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:57 pm

duckmoney wrote:So when do the dings start flying?


Shortly after the vomit comes out I believe.

User avatar
vertex
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby vertex » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:57 pm

duckmoney wrote:So when do the dings start flying?


It's all in the faq in the OP.

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby neonx » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:10 pm

vertex wrote:
duckmoney wrote:So when do the dings start flying?


It's all in the faq in the OP.


Can't find it there?

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:29 pm

Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
lshamlet wrote:
I hate to rain on the parade, but IIRC they didn't say WHEN in February...we shouldn't be assuming that "beginning in February" means envelopes will arrive in our mailboxes Feb 1st :P I wouldn't be too surprised if no one knew til a week or two into Feb.


This kind of thinking is not allowed in this thread. :evil:

Noooo, but CLS could have left them in a bin on Friday evening for pick up, then USPS could have picked them up today and brought them to the like post office. There they were sorting them all day and they'll be in the wheelbarrows on Monday morning. Quite. 8)


This kind of thinking is. :D


This, and pretty much every law_monkey post, is highly credited :P.


Concurred. Crossing fingers for tomorrow because why not!

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:54 pm

Image




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bloomsday, Google Adsense [Bot] and 15 guests