Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:53 pm

Stop rubbing it IN!

User avatar
vertex
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby vertex » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:56 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
vertex wrote:IN sane. that's what this wait is driving me.


What are you talking about? You're already IN!!!!!


I know, I just wanted to write IN so people's hearts stopped for a second. Does that make me a troll? Maybe. Let's have a look.

Elements of being a troll (from Wikipedia):
(1) inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community
This is a tough one. It's certainly not off-topic, and I think it's a stretch to call it extraneous. It might barely qualify as inflammatory though, but I think whether anybody actually responds with an emotional post is what drives a determination of "inflammatory" and so far there haven't been any such responses.

(2) intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response
This one's a lock. I was trying to get peoples' hearts to drop into their stomachs. Intent to cause an emotional response is obvious.

(3) intent to disrupt normal on-topic discussion
With all the lolcats going on, I'm hard-pressed to call this an on-topic discussion. Additionally, as the OP, I have wide latitude in determining what is on- or off-topic since I presumably started the thread with a line of discussion in mind. This element is not satisfied by my post.

In summary, even if my post was awesome, it does not satisfy the three elements of being a troll.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Dany » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:10 pm

Vertex is in my top 10% of fave posters.

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby LinzerTorte » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:30 pm

eskimo wrote:Vertex is in my top 10% of fave posters.


+1 +1...oh, and nothing...

Dulc, where are you?

User avatar
jdstl
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jdstl » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Some chick on my Facebook is claiming she got in today (lives in Oklahoma). Looks like she must be lying.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:33 pm

jdstl wrote:Some chick on my Facebook is claiming she got in today (lives in Oklahoma). Looks like she must be lying.


Or maybe they're still giving answers to ED people who got grade requests. Either way she's definitely not RD.

User avatar
jdstl
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jdstl » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:39 pm

law_monkey wrote:
jdstl wrote:Some chick on my Facebook is claiming she got in today (lives in Oklahoma). Looks like she must be lying.


Or maybe they're still giving answers to ED people who got grade requests. Either way she's definitely not RD.


Yeah, and she claims to be rd. She is a bitch, so I wouldn't be surprised.

User avatar
vertex
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby vertex » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:03 pm

Who's going to Coachella this year?

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby LinzerTorte » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:08 pm

law_monkey wrote:
jdstl wrote:Some chick on my Facebook is claiming she got in today (lives in Oklahoma). Looks like she must be lying.


Or maybe they're still giving answers to ED people who got grade requests. Either way she's definitely not RD.



TROOLLLLLL!!! IN THE DUNGEON!!!!!!!!!

Just thought you'd want to know...

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:46 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
jdstl wrote:Some chick on my Facebook is claiming she got in today (lives in Oklahoma). Looks like she must be lying.


Or maybe they're still giving answers to ED people who got grade requests. Either way she's definitely not RD.



TROOLLLLLL!!! IN THE DUNGEON!!!!!!!!!

Just thought you'd want to know...


Well done. :D

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby kazu » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:47 pm

It's not happening today, is it? :cry:

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby sarahlawg » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:49 pm

so anticlimactic. :|

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:55 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
jdstl wrote:Some chick on my Facebook is claiming she got in today (lives in Oklahoma). Looks like she must be lying.


Or maybe they're still giving answers to ED people who got grade requests. Either way she's definitely not RD.



TROOLLLLLL!!! IN THE DUNGEON!!!!!!!!!

Just thought you'd want to know...


I loved this <3

Nothing in my mail (SURPRISE). I am going to cry if we have to wait until February :(

User avatar
tgir
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby tgir » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Is it likely that we might be waiting until February?

User avatar
vertex
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby vertex » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:08 pm

tgir wrote:Is it likely that we might be waiting until February?


No, we're going to find out on Monday. Check the FAQ in the OP.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby birdlaw117 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:17 pm

vertex wrote:
Q: When do decisions come out?
A: The last of acceptances came out yesterday. Panic.


Love it

dianaw
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby dianaw » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:29 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
jdstl wrote:Some chick on my Facebook is claiming she got in today (lives in Oklahoma). Looks like she must be lying.


Or maybe they're still giving answers to ED people who got grade requests. Either way she's definitely not RD.



TROOLLLLLL!!! IN THE DUNGEON!!!!!!!!!

Just thought you'd want to know...


this is full of awesome

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby starrydreamz3 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:34 pm

dianaw wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
jdstl wrote:Some chick on my Facebook is claiming she got in today (lives in Oklahoma). Looks like she must be lying.


Or maybe they're still giving answers to ED people who got grade requests. Either way she's definitely not RD.



TROOLLLLLL!!! IN THE DUNGEON!!!!!!!!!

Just thought you'd want to know...


this is full of awesome


+1

My boyfriend didn't get it. He is a HP fail.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:49 pm

dianaw wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
jdstl wrote:Some chick on my Facebook is claiming she got in today (lives in Oklahoma). Looks like she must be lying.


Or maybe they're still giving answers to ED people who got grade requests. Either way she's definitely not RD.



TROOLLLLLL!!! IN THE DUNGEON!!!!!!!!!

Just thought you'd want to know...


this is full of awesome


Love it!!!

Also since they didn't come today we don't know if they really are waiting until February or if they're just a couple days behind. That means panic every day!!! :evil:

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby LinzerTorte » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Tomorrow nothing as well...

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:43 pm

law_monkey wrote:Also since they didn't come today we don't know if they really are waiting until February or if they're just a couple days behind. That means panic every day!!! :evil:


I KNOW!! So we don't know if it's going to be soon or if we should give up for a week :(

I think that for my sanity's sake, I'm going to assume that if it's not Monday then we'll actually have to wait for February :(

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:56 pm

dulcatis wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Also since they didn't come today we don't know if they really are waiting until February or if they're just a couple days behind. That means panic every day!!! :evil:


I KNOW!! So we don't know if it's going to be soon or if we should give up for a week :(

I think that for my sanity's sake, I'm going to assume that if it's not Monday then we'll actually have to wait for February :(


That's probably a safe assumption. Then if anything comes earlier it will just be a pleasant surprise (hopefully anyway). Not that it'll stop us all from coming on this thread everyday to see if anyone got anything. I wonder if Columbia likes the power it holds over all of us?

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:01 pm

law_monkey wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Also since they didn't come today we don't know if they really are waiting until February or if they're just a couple days behind. That means panic every day!!! :evil:


I KNOW!! So we don't know if it's going to be soon or if we should give up for a week :(

I think that for my sanity's sake, I'm going to assume that if it's not Monday then we'll actually have to wait for February :(


That's probably a safe assumption. Then if anything comes earlier it will just be a pleasant surprise (hopefully anyway). Not that it'll stop us all from coming on this thread everyday to see if anyone got anything. I wonder if Columbia likes the power it holds over all of us?


SERIOUSLY. But at least the mail is once a day, so we're not worrying about calls or anything...

& you know CLS likes having the power.

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby LinzerTorte » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:38 pm

dulcatis wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Also since they didn't come today we don't know if they really are waiting until February or if they're just a couple days behind. That means panic every day!!! :evil:


I KNOW!! So we don't know if it's going to be soon or if we should give up for a week :(

I think that for my sanity's sake, I'm going to assume that if it's not Monday then we'll actually have to wait for February :(


That's probably a safe assumption. Then if anything comes earlier it will just be a pleasant surprise (hopefully anyway). Not that it'll stop us all from coming on this thread everyday to see if anyone got anything. I wonder if Columbia likes the power it holds over all of us?


SERIOUSLY. But at least the mail is once a day, so we're not worrying about calls or anything...

& you know CLS likes having the power.

--ImageRemoved--


UM, LOL.

hoopla14
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby hoopla14 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Can't be Monday, right? We don't think people are actually putting things in the mail today.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”