Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Fresh » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:26 pm

I just had to remind myself that it's puke-colored envelopes we want, not actual throw-up. fo realz

peaches2132
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby peaches2132 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:30 pm

I went back through several pages (love this thread, btw) but I'm at work and can't get away with spending too long searching -- so, I'm sorry if this was already made clear. But, did your status checkers update to decision sent or something along those lines, or are you just going on past trends/data?

lshamlet
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby lshamlet » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:31 pm

peaches2132 wrote:I went back through several pages (love this thread, btw) but I'm at work and can't get away with spending too long searching -- so, I'm sorry if this was already made clear. But, did your status checkers update to decision sent or something along those lines, or are you just going on past trends/data?


past trends, although someone here called the office of admissions and was told decisions would come out starting feb.

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby LinzerTorte » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:35 pm

peaches2132 wrote:I went back through several pages (love this thread, btw) but I'm at work and can't get away with spending too long searching -- so, I'm sorry if this was already made clear. But, did your status checkers update to decision sent or something along those lines, or are you just going on past trends/data?


Pretty much once you go Complete that's it, there are no more status checker updates after that.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:36 pm

lshamlet wrote:
peaches2132 wrote:I went back through several pages (love this thread, btw) but I'm at work and can't get away with spending too long searching -- so, I'm sorry if this was already made clear. But, did your status checkers update to decision sent or something along those lines, or are you just going on past trends/data?


past trends, although someone here called the office of admissions and was told decisions would come out starting feb.


Yeah, we're all just hoping that since they said the same thing last year and decisions went out around this time we'll be lucky!

& what LinzerTorte said about the status checker (super helpful one, isn't it?)

peaches2132
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby peaches2132 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:43 pm

dulcatis wrote:
& what LinzerTorte said about the status checker (super helpful one, isn't it?)


thanks, guys! and yes, it's a rather useless status checker, but I think that's been good for me haha.

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby CosmoLaw » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:49 pm

Fresh wrote:I just had to remind myself that it's puke-colored envelopes we want, not actual throw-up. fo realz



Haha, I'm pretty sure that once people are holding those acceptances in hand, the real-vomit might just follow

canuck
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby canuck » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:03 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
Fresh wrote:I just had to remind myself that it's puke-colored envelopes we want, not actual throw-up. fo realz



Haha, I'm pretty sure that once people are holding those acceptances in hand, the real-vomit might just follow


True, I nearly vomited in shock/joy when I got the email. Good luck to you all. I really hope I get to meet you all soon :)

When you do get in, join the f-book group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 3401763775

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby CosmoLaw » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:07 pm

canuck wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
Fresh wrote:I just had to remind myself that it's puke-colored envelopes we want, not actual throw-up. fo realz



Haha, I'm pretty sure that once people are holding those acceptances in hand, the real-vomit might just follow


True, I nearly vomited in shock/joy when I got the email. Good luck to you all. I really hope I get to meet you all soon :)

When you do get in, join the f-book group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 3401763775



you know, from the anxiety/nervous break-down angle, ED doesn't sound as bad anymore lol. It's seems to be the healthier option.

Soda Mixer
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Soda Mixer » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:08 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
Fresh wrote:I just had to remind myself that it's puke-colored envelopes we want, not actual throw-up. fo realz



Haha, I'm pretty sure that once people are holding those acceptances in hand, the real-vomit might just follow


Columbia=Wendy Testaburger?

texaskk
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby texaskk » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:09 pm

Fresh wrote:I want to vomit from drinking too much last night. Does that count?



+1

User avatar
annie2010
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby annie2010 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:05 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
canuck wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
Fresh wrote:I just had to remind myself that it's puke-colored envelopes we want, not actual throw-up. fo realz



Haha, I'm pretty sure that once people are holding those acceptances in hand, the real-vomit might just follow


True, I nearly vomited in shock/joy when I got the email. Good luck to you all. I really hope I get to meet you all soon :)

When you do get in, join the f-book group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 3401763775



you know, from the anxiety/nervous break-down angle, ED doesn't sound as bad anymore lol. It's seems to be the healthier option.


Maybe for Canuck who was the first to hear! I think I was second to last to hear about ED on TLS so I had like 24 days of nervous break downs. lol There were just less of us, so less mass hysteria. And we had vertex to keep up our spirits!

But yes good luck to everyone!!!!!!!

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby rundoxierun » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:08 pm

Currently driving through alabama and no access to my mailbox until tomorrow night. Depending on you guys for up to the minute updates

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby piccolittle » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:10 pm

This thread reminds me of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLDbGqJ2KYk


Awww.... :)

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby LinzerTorte » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:13 pm

piccolittle wrote:This thread reminds me of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLDbGqJ2KYk


Awww.... :)


Wow it's really true.

Never have I typed the word vomit in my life as much as I have these past 2 days

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby kazu » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:43 pm

IS THERE NO NEWS YET!?!?!?!!!!!

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 123kl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:44 pm

kazu wrote:IS THERE NO NEWS YET!?!?!?!!!!!


I'm in NYC, but stuck at work until at least 5:30.....

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:46 pm

kazu wrote:IS THERE NO NEWS YET!?!?!?!!!!!


I am stalking my mail man, but I probably won't get a letter anyway?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:49 pm

Happy to report that my supervisor is pregnant and has morning sickness. While I'm sorry for her suffering, I'm still glad to have been personally exposed to one who vomits today. Vomit-colored envelopes FTW!!!

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby kazu » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:50 pm

Hmm I haven't been exposed to actual vomit personally yet... I'm starting to get worried this means something :|

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby glitched » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:52 pm

kazu wrote:Hmm I haven't been exposed to actual vomit personally yet... I'm starting to get worried this means something :|



well...... what's your index?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:53 pm

kazu wrote:Hmm I haven't been exposed to actual vomit personally yet... I'm starting to get worried this means something :|


It's fairly simple...

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:54 pm

r6_philly wrote:
kazu wrote:Hmm I haven't been exposed to actual vomit personally yet... I'm starting to get worried this means something :|


It's fairly simple...


You know it has just gone overboard when TLS turns people into bulimics.

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby kazu » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:55 pm

Does it still mean something if it's self-induced vomit?

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby timmna » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:56 pm

kazu wrote:Does it still mean something if it's self-induced vomit?


I don't think you can force it. It just has to flow, you know.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., Caddo16lake, Chipotle85, Exabot [Bot], hellohalo, Rich Uncle Skeleton, Smc1994, studyingeveryday, xnsch and 23 guests