Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ahduth » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:09 pm

I feel like I'm going to die... and you people are bumping this thread.

I want more Nyquil.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:57 pm

Okay so all NYCers need to PROMISE to race to their mailboxes & check this weekend (on Friday, but DEFINITELY on Saturday!).

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jd2014! » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:18 pm

dulcatis wrote:Okay so all NYCers need to PROMISE to race to their mailboxes & check this weekend (on Friday, but DEFINITELY on Saturday!).


I have the sneaking suspicion that Columbia is going to be behind last year's schedule like so many other schools have been... I am hoping for the thread to explode on Saturday though. Hopefully Brooklyn won't be snubbed again.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:19 pm

jd2014! wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Okay so all NYCers need to PROMISE to race to their mailboxes & check this weekend (on Friday, but DEFINITELY on Saturday!).


I have the sneaking suspicion that Columbia is going to be behind last year's schedule like so many other schools have been... I am hoping for the thread to explode on Saturday though. Hopefully Brooklyn won't be snubbed again.


Noooo! :( Let's hope they pull a Chicago and get decisions to us faster? ;____;

& it looks like CLS loves Brooklyn way more than NYU does: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=87103&hilit=columbia+2010&start=2325

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:21 pm

ayahara wrote:Not to beat the unanswerable index question like a dead horse, but have we talked about whether it is as relevant if you have a below median LSAT? I am not talking reverse splitter territory: I am a 4.352, but I have a 171, and I don't know whether the 50/50 hope is applicable (especially without the ED boost).

(I am also suffering a major crisis of the real because I seem to be on the slooooow fast track to NYU's waitlist, and my Columbia Consider is becoming my only hope)


Pretty much in the same boat as you, at least if when my transcript update gets into LSAC. I figure our shot is about 50/50.

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby c_dubya_s » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:35 pm

Knock wrote:
ayahara wrote:Not to beat the unanswerable index question like a dead horse, but have we talked about whether it is as relevant if you have a below median LSAT? I am not talking reverse splitter territory: I am a 4.352, but I have a 171, and I don't know whether the 50/50 hope is applicable (especially without the ED boost).

(I am also suffering a major crisis of the real because I seem to be on the slooooow fast track to NYU's waitlist, and my Columbia Consider is becoming my only hope)


Pretty much in the same boat as you, at least if when my transcript update gets into LSAC. I figure our shot is about 50/50.


I had the exact same index before my fall grade update, with the same LSAT score. I think it's definitely worth hope. We're not auto-admits, obviously, but we're good GPA insurance for them.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Confused7 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:38 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:
Knock wrote:
ayahara wrote:Not to beat the unanswerable index question like a dead horse, but have we talked about whether it is as relevant if you have a below median LSAT? I am not talking reverse splitter territory: I am a 4.352, but I have a 171, and I don't know whether the 50/50 hope is applicable (especially without the ED boost).

(I am also suffering a major crisis of the real because I seem to be on the slooooow fast track to NYU's waitlist, and my Columbia Consider is becoming my only hope)


Pretty much in the same boat as you, at least if when my transcript update gets into LSAC. I figure our shot is about 50/50.


I had the exact same index before my fall grade update, with the same LSAT score. I think it's definitely worth hope. We're not auto-admits, obviously, but we're good GPA insurance for them.


Lower LSAT, but higher GPA here - hoping we all get what we wish for!

Also, I solemnly swear to check my mailbox on Friday and Saturday as a fellow New Yorker.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:38 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:
Knock wrote:
ayahara wrote:Not to beat the unanswerable index question like a dead horse, but have we talked about whether it is as relevant if you have a below median LSAT? I am not talking reverse splitter territory: I am a 4.352, but I have a 171, and I don't know whether the 50/50 hope is applicable (especially without the ED boost).

(I am also suffering a major crisis of the real because I seem to be on the slooooow fast track to NYU's waitlist, and my Columbia Consider is becoming my only hope)


Pretty much in the same boat as you, at least if when my transcript update gets into LSAC. I figure our shot is about 50/50.


I had the exact same index before my fall grade update, with the same LSAT score. I think it's definitely worth hope. We're not auto-admits, obviously, but we're good GPA insurance for them.


Good luck to you guys :). Club 4.35 is where it's at.

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby c_dubya_s » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:56 pm

Image

There's more where that came from.

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby starrydreamz3 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:58 pm

I tried calling the admissions office, closed for MLK.

Maybe I'll be feeling as brave tomorrow.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Dany » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:19 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:I tried calling the admissions office, closed for MLK.

Maybe I'll be feeling as brave tomorrow.

To see when RD decisions are being mailed?

lshamlet
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby lshamlet » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Sorry for repeating my question, but no one answered last time I asked:

If I sent my updated fall transcript directly to CLS, will that change my index, or does your index only change if you "officially" upgrade your transcript thru LSAC?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Knock wrote:
Good luck to you guys :). Club 4.35 is where it's at.


No it isn't. 4.3 is where it's at.

I hope. :)

Casey2889
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Casey2889 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:12 pm

i go to Columbia for UG, am in top 2% of class and have done well in a CLS law school course...you think it'd be weird if i walked over and hand-delivered my updated transcript with fall grades to the admit office?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:15 pm

Casey2889 wrote:i go to Columbia for UG, am in top 2% of class and have done well in a CLS law school course...you think it'd be weird if i walked over and hand-delivered my updated transcript with fall grades to the admit office?


Not if you figure out when they are sending out the decisions!

But serious, just go and ask them how they want to handle it. I would think they can just request it.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:27 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Casey2889 wrote:i go to Columbia for UG, am in top 2% of class and have done well in a CLS law school course...you think it'd be weird if i walked over and hand-delivered my updated transcript with fall grades to the admit office?


Not if you figure out when they are sending out the decisions!

But serious, just go and ask them how they want to handle it. I would think they can just request it.


Yeah I'd call first (about the transcript), and ask about the RD decisions too!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:30 pm

dulcatis wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Casey2889 wrote:i go to Columbia for UG, am in top 2% of class and have done well in a CLS law school course...you think it'd be weird if i walked over and hand-delivered my updated transcript with fall grades to the admit office?


Not if you figure out when they are sending out the decisions!

But serious, just go and ask them how they want to handle it. I would think they can just request it.


Yeah I'd call first (about the transcript), and ask about the RD decisions too!


No just walk over there and chat and ask. When I went to visit Penn last week there were multiple people asking admissions related questions in person.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:51 pm

To everyone on here who has a LSN (this should be EVERYONE!): if you get scholly info for a school, please make a note of when & how <3 It would be v helpful to LSN stalkers such as myself.

(I'm trying to figure out when non-Hamilton/Butler stuff went out last year...)

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby sarahlawg » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:58 pm

dulcatis wrote:To everyone on here who has a LSN (this should be EVERYONE!): if you get scholly info for a school, please make a note of when & how <3 It would be v helpful to LSN stalkers such as myself.

(I'm trying to figure out when non-Hamilton/Butler stuff went out last year...)


I'm really annoyed at how many people's profiles I look at from last year that have absolutely nothing but their numbers. Especially when they have good scholarships.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:01 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
Good luck to you guys :). Club 4.35 is where it's at.


No it isn't. 4.3 is where it's at.

I hope. :)


Wow.. I just realized how LSAT heavy the Columbia index is.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Confused7 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:04 pm

Casey2889 wrote:i go to Columbia for UG, am in top 2% of class and have done well in a CLS law school course...you think it'd be weird if i walked over and hand-delivered my updated transcript with fall grades to the admit office?


I contemplated doing this but I don't think they'd take it. When I called to ask, they said they wanted the transcript sent directly from UG to their office. If you look at any transcripts that you pick up in person, it'll say "released to Person X" and to my understanding most law schools won't look at transcripts released to the applicants themselves.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:26 pm

Because this thread could always use more lolcats:

Image

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:34 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
Good luck to you guys :). Club 4.35 is where it's at.


No it isn't. 4.3 is where it's at.

I hope. :)


Wow.. I just realized how LSAT heavy the Columbia index is.


Yea really really LSAT heavy.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Knock » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:35 pm

dulcatis wrote:To everyone on here who has a LSN (this should be EVERYONE!): if you get scholly info for a school, please make a note of when & how <3 It would be v helpful to LSN stalkers such as myself.

(I'm trying to figure out when non-Hamilton/Butler stuff went out last year...)


Maybe if LSN would let me log on :roll:

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Knock wrote:
dulcatis wrote:To everyone on here who has a LSN (this should be EVERYONE!): if you get scholly info for a school, please make a note of when & how <3 It would be v helpful to LSN stalkers such as myself.

(I'm trying to figure out when non-Hamilton/Butler stuff went out last year...)


Maybe if LSN would let me log on :roll:


LSN and/or AD :)

Does AD have a comments section for that kind of stuff?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aprince0122, JordanLaw15 and 10 guests