Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
T6Hopeful

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:09 am

eskimo wrote:
dulcatis wrote:My google calendar has been taken over by ASW dates! UVA's being a certain weekend -> having to choose a certain UMich one, which means I have to choose another of X's school, etc etc. It's one giant clusterfuck! & if i were going to chicago's it'd spill over into April, too!

OMG.

THIS IS WHY LOGIC GAMES ARE ON THE LSAT. :shock:

What a great.... :twisted: "deduction!"

arkansawyer

Postby arkansawyer » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:09 am

Grade update request today...

moxiepostulate

Postby moxiepostulate » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:09 am

eskimo wrote:
dulcatis wrote:My google calendar has been taken over by ASW dates! UVA's being a certain weekend -> having to choose a certain UMich one, which means I have to choose another of X's school, etc etc. It's one giant clusterfuck! & if i were going to chicago's it'd spill over into April, too!

OMG.

Bahaha. It's clear to me now... Mulch and all...

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:13 am

T6Hopeful wrote:
eskimo wrote:

OMG.

What a great.... :twisted: "deduction!"

What an enviable problem! I have no real choice to make as the strong hand of fate has been ensuring my path to michigan. I would love to have some difficult choices to make. But alas one good choice is better then none.

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:30 am

I would really like CLS to be my first acceptance 2 weeks from now. :mrgreen:

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:34 am

dabbadon8 wrote:What an enviable problem! I have no real choice to make as the strong hand of fate has been ensuring my path to michigan. I would love to have some difficult choices to make. But alas one good choice is better then none.

Be careful what you wish for! I'm starting to get over the excitement and heading toward nervous. I'm almost starting to wish I had a clear winner at this point. Once you're in at one good school I think it's one of those situations where choices are good and bad. :roll:

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:37 am

eskimo wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Seriously, I want to actually get a feel for the school and the students and whatnot, and looking at my calendar, fitting everything in is going to be a complete nightmare. I'm going to be gone the entire month of March :/ Bahhhh!

My planner is going to give me nightmares. There are some weekends where I literally can't even write in anything else (and those aren't even soon - they're all the way in March and April!! :shock: :| )

I'm sitting for the CPA in April and May. I'm taking mostly CPA Review classes right now, and can't really afford to miss much. Planning to go to one of NYU's and then maybe stay in NYC over the weekend and visit Columbia (if I'm fortunate to be accepted) on the following Monday. Oh, and might visit GULC at the same time... OMG I don't know how this is going to be possible!

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:03 am

I'll be at Columbia for my sister's senior thesis play on the weekend of March 3rd. It would be nice to be able to attend the ASW at the same time...here's hoping I get in...

vertex

Postby vertex » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:08 am

GraniteState wrote:
vertex wrote:
Also for the ED admits (and maybe the early RD ones), he said our packets go out late Jan so "expect them early February."

Wait, didn't ED people hear in December? I'm confused. Don't most RD acceptances come at the end of January?

We only got an email with a scanned pdf in December that basically said "you're in. now withdraw all your applications because you're ED and expect the real acceptance packet sometime next year."

pulandasu

Postby pulandasu » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:43 am

Sorry if this has already been addressed and answered, but LSN, there's an acceptance reported on 1/4/11. Is this a fluke? flame?

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/maybenyu

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:33 am

pulandasu wrote:Sorry if this has already been addressed and answered, but LSN, there's an acceptance reported on 1/4/11. Is this a fluke? flame?

So he got in NYU, waited 2 more weeks to get an acceptance letter from Columbia, then withdrew from everywhere on the same day?

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:37 am

r6_philly wrote:So he got in NYU, waited 2 more weeks to get an acceptance letter from Columbia, then withdrew from everywhere on the same day?

I don't think it's a flame I think it was just probably a mistake. seems like a legit profile but he got in to NYU ED so he/she withdrew from everywhere else (incl. Columbia which was probably pending). Idk

pulandasu

Postby pulandasu » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:39 am

r6_philly wrote:
pulandasu wrote:Sorry if this has already been addressed and answered, but LSN, there's an acceptance reported on 1/4/11. Is this a fluke? flame?

So he got in NYU, waited 2 more weeks to get an acceptance letter from Columbia, then withdrew from everywhere on the same day?

Don't know the policy or the withdrawal period for NYU ED, but your logic does sounds right.

kazu

Postby kazu » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:47 am

r6_philly wrote:

The thing is, as far as we know Columbia hasn't admitted any RD applicants yet. So how did he know he was in at CLS?

I think maybe it's supposed to be "Pending - Withdrawn" but he misclicked or something....

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:47 am

Fresh wrote:
r6_philly wrote:So he got in NYU, waited 2 more weeks to get an acceptance letter from Columbia, then withdrew from everywhere on the same day?

I don't think it's a flame I think it was just probably a mistake. seems like a legit profile but he got in to NYU ED so he/she withdrew from everywhere else (incl. Columbia which was probably pending). Idk

That kind of "mistake" can drive TLS crazy, that sort of carelessness shows why he/she deserves to be at NYU and not Columbia :lol:

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:49 am

r6_philly wrote:
Fresh wrote:

That kind of "mistake" can drive TLS crazy, that sort of carelessness shows why he/she deserves to be at NYU and not Columbia :lol:

Now, now... let's be nice.

Yeah, but really ;)

LinzerTorte

Postby LinzerTorte » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:00 am

piccolittle wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Fresh wrote:

Now, now... let's be nice.

Yeah, but really ;)

Haha we are all pretty ridiculous though...one mistake on LSN and we are all "who?" "what?" "where?" "acceptance????"

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:02 am

LinzerTorte wrote:
Haha we are all pretty ridiculous though...one mistake on LSN and we are all "who?" "what?" "where?" "acceptance????"

This is the last thread to stalk for most people ...

annie2010

Postby annie2010 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:04 am

r6_philly wrote:
Fresh wrote:

yeah low blow.
I for one have a terrible time getting LSN to do what I want (particularly the dates...) does this mean CLS should revoke my acceptance?

I kid. But really..filling in those dates is a bitch. They always change to something random. I wonder how this skews the "data" that we are constantly poring over.

annie2010

Postby annie2010 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:07 am

Also...has anyone noticed that so far the columbia cycle has been a little off from last year? Like ED grade requests getting deferred and people hearing back much later and just all around people getting surprisingly deferred.
I predict panic during RD. Picco and vertex will have hand out lots of moral support.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:10 am

annie2010 wrote:
I kid. But really..filling in those dates is a bitch. They always change to something random. I wonder how this skews the "data" that we are constantly poring over.

Bad programming - just type it in.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:11 am

annie2010 wrote:yeah low blow.
I for one have a terrible time getting LSN to do what I want (particularly the dates...) does this mean CLS should revoke my acceptance?

And um it's a joke.

annie2010

Postby annie2010 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:14 am

r6_philly wrote:

And um it's a joke.

i was joking too!!!!!!! :P
and i do type it in...i still have to try it like 100 times before it works. maybe its because my work forces me to use like a 10 year old internet explorer.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:37 am

r6_philly wrote:That kind of "mistake" can drive TLS crazy, that sort of carelessness shows why he/she deserves to be at NYU and not Columbia :lol:

Don't plenty of people chose NYU straight up over Columbia anyhow? If I were accepted to both with the same money, I'd have to do some serious due dilligence to decide which one to attend. I might be biased however.

LinzerTorte

Postby LinzerTorte » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:38 am

annie2010 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

And um it's a joke.

i was joking too!!!!!!! :P
and i do type it in...i still have to try it like 100 times before it works. maybe its because my work forces me to use like a 10 year old internet explorer.

Maybe its because LSN and Canadian teen pop stars do not speak the same language.

:wink:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”