Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby starrydreamz3 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:15 am

bellamy wrote:
IndyHCKM wrote:Today, I received an e-mail from Columbia requesting my fall 2010 grades. They wanted both an e-mail with my grades attached and for my school Records Office to mail a copy directly to Columbia.

They received my application on the 3rd of November, and it was listed as complete on the 29th of November. I'm just a normal, regular decision applicant.

My LSAT is at their median. My GPA a bit above their 75th.

Given your awesome cycle so far you should be as good as gold.


I want a grade request!!!


(Please don't reject me Columbia I love you too much.)

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Dany » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:19 am

starrydreamz3 wrote:I want a grade request!!!

Why don't you just send them your grades anyway?

User avatar
IndyHCKM
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby IndyHCKM » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:35 am

eskimo wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:I want a grade request!!!

Why don't you just send them your grades anyway?


I actually sent them an updated transcript via e-mail shortly before Christmas and the admissions office noted that they had received it and would add it to me file....

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby starrydreamz3 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:57 am

eskimo wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:I want a grade request!!!

Why don't you just send them your grades anyway?


Because I want them to want my grades. =/

User avatar
vertex
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby vertex » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:01 am

We're all gonna be classmates!!

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby kazu » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:03 am

It would be hilarious if Columbia decided to change up the color of their envelopes this year... well, hilarious, but also horrible for those few (lucky) souls that get them a day before everyone else on TLS.

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jd2014! » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:45 am

kazu wrote:It would be hilarious if Columbia decided to change up the color of their envelopes this year... well, hilarious, but also horrible for those few (lucky) souls that get them a day before everyone else on TLS.



The envelope should be big though, as opposed to hold/waitlist/ding letters, so you should know what it is, and can safely do a little dance even if it isn't soaked in vomit.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:00 pm

My LSAC site makes it seem like they automatically sent in my updated transcripts to all my schools. They show up under each school's 'reports.'
Am I confused?

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby daisyduke » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:01 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:My LSAC site makes it seem like they automatically sent in my updated transcripts to all my schools. They show up under each school's 'reports.'
Am I confused?


Nope. That's what LSAC does.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:31 pm

jd2014! wrote:
kazu wrote:It would be hilarious if Columbia decided to change up the color of their envelopes this year... well, hilarious, but also horrible for those few (lucky) souls that get them a day before everyone else on TLS.


The envelope should be big though, as opposed to hold/waitlist/ding letters, so you should know what it is, and can safely do a little dance even if it isn't soaked in vomit.


I know this will shock everyone, but I'll be sure to stalk my mailbox & report back!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:36 pm

dulcatis wrote:
jd2014! wrote:
kazu wrote:It would be hilarious if Columbia decided to change up the color of their envelopes this year... well, hilarious, but also horrible for those few (lucky) souls that get them a day before everyone else on TLS.


The envelope should be big though, as opposed to hold/waitlist/ding letters, so you should know what it is, and can safely do a little dance even if it isn't soaked in vomit.


I know this will shock everyone, but I'll be sure to stalk my mailbox & report back!


So when should we start the mailbox obsession? That was the first creamy small envelope I received last year so I am scared to look.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:45 pm

Well, luckily for my sanity, I don't get back until Friday the 21st. And then if they follow last year's schedule, a lot of NYC/NJ people will get stuff the next day. And then a tonnn of people will get stuff on Monday.

So we probably shouldn't completely freak out until around then!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:52 pm

dulcatis wrote:Well, luckily for my sanity, I don't get back until Friday the 21st. And then if they follow last year's schedule, a lot of NYC/NJ people will get stuff the next day. And then a tonnn of people will get stuff on Monday.

So we probably shouldn't completely freak out until around then!


Thanks! I don't check my mail, so at least I can defer the obsessing to someone else lol

Back to phone watching then.

User avatar
SentinelsOfEvil
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby SentinelsOfEvil » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:56 pm

r6_philly wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
jd2014! wrote:
kazu wrote:It would be hilarious if Columbia decided to change up the color of their envelopes this year... well, hilarious, but also horrible for those few (lucky) souls that get them a day before everyone else on TLS.


The envelope should be big though, as opposed to hold/waitlist/ding letters, so you should know what it is, and can safely do a little dance even if it isn't soaked in vomit.


I know this will shock everyone, but I'll be sure to stalk my mailbox & report back!


So when should we start the mailbox obsession? That was the first creamy small envelope I received last year so I am scared to look.


I got a creamy small envelope in early December with the CLS logo on it. I was quite sure it was a rejection till I opened it and saw that it was from the South Asian Law Students Association or something inviting me to apply to CLS and to contact them in case I had any questions.

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 123kl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:58 pm

SentinelsOfEvil wrote:I got a creamy small envelope in early December with the CLS logo on it. I was quite sure it was a rejection till I opened it and saw that it was from the South Asian Law Students Association or something inviting me to apply to CLS and to contact them in case I had any questions.


Yeah, got the same thing from the Women's Law Association (or something like that) in the beginning of November.

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby obrienfa » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:13 pm

Has anyone who had fall grade requests seen any movement on their applications since they received the confirmation that the grades were received?

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby LinzerTorte » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:19 pm

123kl wrote:
SentinelsOfEvil wrote:I got a creamy small envelope in early December with the CLS logo on it. I was quite sure it was a rejection till I opened it and saw that it was from the South Asian Law Students Association or something inviting me to apply to CLS and to contact them in case I had any questions.


Yeah, got the same thing from the Women's Law Association (or something like that) in the beginning of November.


That is evil, considering that I have now been conditioned to think that small white envelopes=rejection.


Vomit for me, please!

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ahduth » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:30 pm

So, I'm still a bit unclear on what color we're talking. I've created a wide variety of colors of vomit in my time. This one Halloween party, we had a bright blue, aquamarine punch...

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:33 pm

A description from LSN is a yellowish-green...super pretty, right?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:45 pm

dulcatis wrote:A description from LSN is a yellowish-green...super pretty, right?


Hmmm. Sounds more like snot to me.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thecilent » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:47 pm

I want this yellowish-green envelope dammit!

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:57 pm

obrienfa wrote:Has anyone who had fall grade requests seen any movement on their applications since they received the confirmation that the grades were received?


Hey obrien, haven't seen you around too much lately. How's it going?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:27 pm

thecilent wrote:I want this yellowish-green envelope dammit!


I take it in any color other than cream or white.

User avatar
vertex
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby vertex » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:56 pm

Called the admissions office today about ASWs.

Both ASWs are in March (first week and last week, I think).

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby piccolittle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:05 pm

vertex wrote:Called the admissions office today about ASWs.

Both ASWs are in March (first week and last week, I think).


Thanks for doing that, I was too chicken lol

But damn!!! I come home the first week of April. *schemes*




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, BastianPC, Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash, fountainja, galeatus, lawnerd87, Tennisgirl20, trueblue92 and 33 guests