Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WestOfTheRest

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:49 pm

I had to wait over 3 weeks for my Nyu letter. I hate Nyu and Columbia. Everyone in here will know and I'll have to wait another 2 weeks after that to find out. :cry:

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:08 pm

CastleRock wrote:I had to wait over 3 weeks for my Nyu letter. I hate Nyu and Columbia. Everyone in here will know and I'll have to wait another 2 weeks after that to find out. :cry:

Yeah, why don't they just email? It's got to be expensive to snail mail so many letters. Drop tuition a few hundred bucks a student and help the environment too and switch to email. Plus applicants will know sooner and there won't be a chance of losing your letter in the mail.

LinzerTorte

Postby LinzerTorte » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:11 pm

Knock wrote:
CastleRock wrote:I had to wait over 3 weeks for my Nyu letter. I hate Nyu and Columbia. Everyone in here will know and I'll have to wait another 2 weeks after that to find out. :cry:

Yeah, why don't they just email? It's got to be expensive to snail mail so many letters. Drop tuition a few hundred bucks a student and help the environment too and switch to email. Plus applicants will know sooner and there won't be a chance of losing your letter in the mail.

Because there's nothing classier than a vomit colored envelope!

The Stig

Postby The Stig » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Knock wrote:

butttt I like getting giant packets of things in the mail !!!!! But seriously, a big pretty viewbook-thing is way more impressive than an email imo

also, it sounds like we will have more speculation even though there are not any review dates ! hopefully more posts like fresh's will ensue closer to the mailing date :D

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:14 pm

The Stig wrote:
Knock wrote:

butttt I like getting giant packets of things in the mail !!!!! But seriously, a big pretty viewbook-thing is way more impressive than an email imo

also, it sounds like we will have more speculation even though there are not any review dates ! hopefully more posts like fresh's will ensue closer to the mailing date :D

Well, I was just talking about acceptance/rejection letters, not acceptance packets :).

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Knock wrote:Well, I was just talking about acceptance/rejection letters, not acceptance packets :).

I scan them and send to my mom, so I like snail mail for acceptances only. I don't like rejection period so neither.

Postby 4102011 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:16 pm

I kind of prefer mail, actually. You know it's coming at a certain time of day, and once that's over, you're done until the next day. Waiting for e-mails and calls is horrible for me...

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:21 pm

I feel weirdly like nerdy laney Boggs in she's all that and Columbia is Freddie prince junior lol

LinzerTorte

Postby LinzerTorte » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

dulcatis wrote:I kind of prefer mail, actually. You know it's coming at a certain time of day, and once that's over, you're done until the next day. Waiting for e-mails and calls is horrible for me...

You are lucky, my snail mail shows up randomly on no particular schedule.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:02 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:
dulcatis wrote:I kind of prefer mail, actually. You know it's coming at a certain time of day, and once that's over, you're done until the next day. Waiting for e-mails and calls is horrible for me...

You are lucky, my snail mail shows up randomly on no particular schedule.

Same, my snail mail at home generally comes right at noon, but at school it varies from any time between 1 and 6PM.

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:55 pm

Plus you're in NYC, so you don't have to wait after other people have gotten letters and you don't know if there is one in the mail for you. As for those of us in the midwest... not quite so enjoyable.

Postby 4102011 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:12 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:

Plus you're in NYC, so you don't have to wait after other people have gotten letters and you don't know if there is one in the mail for you. As for those of us in the midwest... not quite so enjoyable.

Obviously I'm biased XD But I just go completely crazy refreshing my e-mail and staring at my phone. Yesterday with Chicago was horrible...

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:13 pm

dulcatis wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

Obviously I'm biased XD But I just go completely crazy refreshing my e-mail and staring at my phone. Yesterday with Chicago was horrible...

+1

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:28 pm

dulcatis wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

I agree. I liked how NYU was. Status checker told you something was on the way, then you can just check the mail each day. Emails and phone calls are rough to wait for.

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:31 pm

You guys suck and I don't value your opinions. I hate you all.

/rant

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:54 pm

Columbia,

You are what i really want. Please don't let me down like Chi. I promise I'll choose you over nyu.

Tyia,
thecilent

hellome

Postby hellome » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:20 pm

CastleRock wrote:You guys suck and I don't value your opinions. I hate you all.

/rant

looking at last year's thread, columbia e-mails applicants abroad

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:40 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

I agree. I liked how NYU was. Status checker told you something was on the way, then you can just check the mail each day. Emails and phone calls are rough to wait for.

the phone calls are so awkward. I would rather read a letter and hyperventilate without someone listening on the line!

Postby 4102011 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:43 pm

sarahlawg wrote:the phone calls are so awkward. I would rather read a letter and hyperventilate without someone listening on the line!

Uh seriously. I sound SO dumb on those phone calls! I'm surprised that they don't change their mind on my admission based on how awkward I sound...

WhatSarahSaid

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:58 pm

dulcatis wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:the phone calls are so awkward. I would rather read a letter and hyperventilate without someone listening on the line!

Uh seriously. I sound SO dumb on those phone calls! I'm surprised that they don't change their mind on my admission based on how awkward I sound...

It'd be better if I didn't read TLS and didn't know what the phone call was for. My replies on the phone are something like an awkward chorus of "wow, that's great" and "thank you" because I really have no idea what to say.

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:13 pm

WhatSarahSaid wrote:
dulcatis wrote:

It'd be better if I didn't read TLS and didn't know what the phone call was for. My replies on the phone are something like an awkward chorus of "wow, that's great" and "thank you" because I really have no idea what to say.

lol, I try to act surprised! I tried to say something other than thank you and that's great to UCLA... I told him how I had visited the city (actually had only driven through it on my way to visit Berkeley), but he was like "oh my! I'm so sorry I couldn't meet with you!" I'm like oh no uhh it's okay...uhhh the school was on break uhhh... SO AWKWARD.

pereira6

Postby pereira6 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:17 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
WhatSarahSaid wrote:
dulcatis wrote:

lol, I try to act surprised! I tried to say something other than thank you and that's great to UCLA... I told him how I had visited the city (actually had only driven through it on my way to visit Berkeley), but he was like "oh my! I'm so sorry I couldn't meet with you!" I'm like oh no uhh it's okay...uhhh the school was on break uhhh... SO AWKWARD.

Yeah my phone gives me the state an unidentified number is calling from, and TLS has spoiled me so I know what schools call for admittances. So when an unknown number from Pennsylvania called, it was either LSAC, or UPenn giving me good news. When they said it was from UPenn, I already knew what was going on so I was just kinda mellowly said "cool, that's awesome". I was unbelievably excited, but I hope I didn't accidentally sound like a prick haha

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:38 pm

pereira6 wrote:Yeah my phone gives me the state an unidentified number is calling from, and TLS has spoiled me so I know what schools call for admittances. So when an unknown number from Pennsylvania called, it was either LSAC, or UPenn giving me good news. When they said it was from UPenn, I already knew what was going on so I was just kinda mellowly said "cool, that's awesome". I was unbelievably excited, but I hope I didn't accidentally sound like a prick haha

the Penn woman was literally laughing at me. Even though I knew what it was, I still didn't think I was getting the call. I picked up too fast to calm myself out of hyperventilating. :oops: :lol:

IndyHCKM

Postby IndyHCKM » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Today, I received an e-mail from Columbia requesting my fall 2010 grades. They wanted both an e-mail with my grades attached and for my school Records Office to mail a copy directly to Columbia.

They received my application on the 3rd of November, and it was listed as complete on the 29th of November. I'm just a normal, regular decision applicant.

My LSAT is at their median. My GPA a bit above their 75th.

bellamy

Postby bellamy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:18 pm

IndyHCKM wrote:Today, I received an e-mail from Columbia requesting my fall 2010 grades. They wanted both an e-mail with my grades attached and for my school Records Office to mail a copy directly to Columbia.

They received my application on the 3rd of November, and it was listed as complete on the 29th of November. I'm just a normal, regular decision applicant.

My LSAT is at their median. My GPA a bit above their 75th.

Given your awesome cycle so far you should be as good as gold.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”