Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby obrienfa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:36 pm

piccolittle wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:The forecasted acceptances for tomorrow morning is about 20%

However, that increase drastically into late afternoon where that chance of acceptances is around 70% along with increased chances of gusting wind. Therefore, it is advised that everyone hold on to their hats!


Legen.....

wait for it.....
DARY!

Ha, I'm such a dork. :oops:


+1 for the Barney Stinson reference. I wish I could be bff's with him in real life.

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:44 pm

Just went almost 2 days without TLS. But feels good to be back haha. Acceptances tomorrow?!

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:46 pm

piccolittle wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:The forecasted acceptances for tomorrow morning is about 20%

However, that increase drastically into late afternoon where that chance of acceptances is around 70% along with increased chances of gusting wind. Therefore, it is advised that everyone hold on to their hats!


Legen.....

wait for it.....
DARY!

Ha, I'm such a dork. :oops:

Love it. Just got seasons 3 and 4 and plan on devoting a lot of time over break to that.

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby piccolittle » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:35 pm

Image

I totally couldn't help it, guys. I might have a lolcat problem.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:37 pm

piccolittle wrote:Image

I totally couldn't help it, guys. I might have a lolcat problem.


I think it's totally acceptable/awesome that the Columbia thread now be inundated with lolcats :)

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby kazu » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:13 pm

dulcatis wrote:I think it's totally acceptable/awesome that the Columbia thread now be inundated with lolcats :)

Truth.

User avatar
vertex
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby vertex » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:02 pm

Tomorrow's the big day everyone! Suit up!

TLSNYC
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby TLSNYC » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:03 pm

vertex wrote:Tomorrow's the big day everyone! Suit up!


+ 1

Wannabelawyer101
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:11 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Wannabelawyer101 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:07 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
piccolittle wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:The forecasted acceptances for tomorrow morning is about 20%

However, that increase drastically into late afternoon where that chance of acceptances is around 70% along with increased chances of gusting wind. Therefore, it is advised that everyone hold on to their hats!


Legen.....

wait for it.....
DARY!

Ha, I'm such a dork. :oops:

Love it. Just got seasons 3 and 4 and plan on devoting a lot of time over break to that.


1 & 2 are far superior to any other season...but 3 & 4 aren't too bad either.

User avatar
wiseguy33
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby wiseguy33 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:08 pm

piccolittle wrote:Image

I totally couldn't help it, guys. I might have a lolcat problem.


That was so cute I died.

But I don't see an email from Columbia, so I guess this isn't heaven. :roll:

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:12 pm

Wannabelawyer101 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
piccolittle wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:The forecasted acceptances for tomorrow morning is about 20%

However, that increase drastically into late afternoon where that chance of acceptances is around 70% along with increased chances of gusting wind. Therefore, it is advised that everyone hold on to their hats!


Legen.....

wait for it.....
DARY!

Ha, I'm such a dork. :oops:

Love it. Just got seasons 3 and 4 and plan on devoting a lot of time over break to that.


1 & 2 are far superior to any other season...but 3 & 4 aren't too bad either.

I watched 1 & 2 over Thanksgiving. And I agree. But you can't really go wrong.

pdiddy89
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:14 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby pdiddy89 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:03 am

is tomorrow the big day only for ED people, or can some RD people expect to hear as well?

TLSNYC
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby TLSNYC » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:12 am

pdiddy89 wrote:is tomorrow the big day only for ED people, or can some RD people expect to hear as well?


Just ED. RD folks won't hear back till mid to late January at the earliest from what I understand.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby 4102011 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:14 am

Does anyone know the date range that Columbia requested fall grades? Would be kind of nice to have a date when I can start thinking I'm in the clear...

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby obrienfa » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:26 am

dulcatis wrote:Does anyone know the date range that Columbia requested fall grades? Would be kind of nice to have a date when I can start thinking I'm in the clear...


No idea, I know there was a wave of RD applicants who were asked last week about them. My request for grades came in on the 3rd.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby birdlaw117 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:30 am

obrienfa wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Does anyone know the date range that Columbia requested fall grades? Would be kind of nice to have a date when I can start thinking I'm in the clear...


No idea, I know there was a wave of RD applicants who were asked last week about them. My request for grades came in on the 3rd.

And when did your application go complete?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:43 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
obrienfa wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Does anyone know the date range that Columbia requested fall grades? Would be kind of nice to have a date when I can start thinking I'm in the clear...


No idea, I know there was a wave of RD applicants who were asked last week about them. My request for grades came in on the 3rd.

And when did your application go complete?


Seriously RD got grade requests too? I wasn't expecting any RD movement until Jan. I will probably upgrade my fall grad school grades anyway. Did they ask for grades to be sent directly or through LSAC?

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby T6Hopeful » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:43 am

r6_philly wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
obrienfa wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Does anyone know the date range that Columbia requested fall grades? Would be kind of nice to have a date when I can start thinking I'm in the clear...


No idea, I know there was a wave of RD applicants who were asked last week about them. My request for grades came in on the 3rd.

And when did your application go complete?


Seriously RD got grade requests too? I wasn't expecting any RD movement until Jan. I will probably upgrade my fall grad school grades anyway. Did they ask for grades to be sent directly or through LSAC?

Well this is from an ED standpoint, but they asked me to report them by e-mail (...whatever that means?) and to at once have my registrar send an official transcript directly to them. Since my grades are going up though, I think I'll just request two official transcripts at the same time, one to LSAC and one to Columbia.

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby obrienfa » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:08 am

r6_philly wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
obrienfa wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Does anyone know the date range that Columbia requested fall grades? Would be kind of nice to have a date when I can start thinking I'm in the clear...


No idea, I know there was a wave of RD applicants who were asked last week about them. My request for grades came in on the 3rd.

And when did your application go complete?


Seriously RD got grade requests too? I wasn't expecting any RD movement until Jan. I will probably upgrade my fall grad school grades anyway. Did they ask for grades to be sent directly or through LSAC?


My application went complete in November.

They told me to email them directly, not thought LSAC, which my registar's office can do nbd.

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby shanemahsa » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:52 am

Please let today be the day!

bryannance
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bryannance » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:37 pm

shanemahsa wrote:Please let today be the day!


+1

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:56 pm

shanemahsa wrote:Please let today be the day!


As much as I hope you are right I have a theory - the first round of acceptances came out November 30th and the ED deadline was November 15th. That's 15 days between the receipt of applications to the sending out of acceptances. Now let's assume that 15 days is the standard amount of time that it takes for a round of admissions to go out. 15 days after November 30th is December 15th or WEDNESDAY. Thus, despite wishing otherwise, I predict that the second (and probably less forgiving round of admissions) will be in two days.

BHDLaw
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby BHDLaw » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:59 pm

I'm still at "completion pending" with all of the components checked. I submitted about 4 weeks ago for RD - does this seem to be typical?

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:01 pm

BHDLaw wrote:I'm still at "completion pending" with all of the components checked. I submitted about 4 weeks ago for RD - does this seem to be typical?


No, you should probably give them a call to be safe. Nothing is necessarily wrong but you are better safe than sorry.

BHDLaw
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby BHDLaw » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:02 pm

JoeShmoe11 wrote:
BHDLaw wrote:I'm still at "completion pending" with all of the components checked. I submitted about 4 weeks ago for RD - does this seem to be typical?


No, you should probably give them a call to be safe. Nothing is necessarily wrong but you are better safe than sorry.


Thanks a lot - I know they're working through a bunch of applications and mine is not at the top of the heap.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, liuwenyu, malysh, sre08 and 16 guests