Columbia 2011! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ghost

Silver

Re: Columbia 2011!

Post by Ghost » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:03 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

CapHillLove

Bronze

Post by CapHillLove » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Last edited by CapHillLove on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:07 pm

Kili wrote:With our powers combined, we can beat the GULC thread!!
I think that with the number of applicants CLS has compared to GULC we're already accomplishing a quite a lot. And to think last week this thread had barely anything. Go us! :D

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:08 pm

CapHillLove wrote:Guys! Go out! It's a Saturday night!
Can't. Finals. Which I'm clearly super focused on.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:10 pm

Babysitting.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:11 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Babysitting.
Helping boyfriend to finish his grad school applications.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:12 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Babysitting.
I have no excuse.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:12 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Babysitting.
Which you are not doing :wink: out of the 4 I am the only one who is well justified of being on here ... while watching sports on TV.

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:13 pm

eskimo wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Babysitting.
I have no excuse.
Me neither, I'm just lame and want to take it a bit easy before my Vandy interview tomorrow.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:15 pm

Oh, good luck! My Vandy interview was fantastic. Loved the interviewer; extremely informative.

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:19 pm

eskimo wrote:Oh, good luck! My Vandy interview was fantastic. Loved the interviewer; extremely informative.
Thanks! Although the way my sights are set I don't know if I'd really go there without one of those Law Merit Scholarships or whatever they're called (of course, I still haven't submitted that part yet), but I have a friend there and he loves it. Since I'm in NJ, the NYC schools are super easy to visit (and I've even unintentionally walked around NYU several times), so I'm trying to decide on a winter road trip course: option A = Mich and Chicago, option B = Vandy/Duke/GULC. Although I'd like to end up at CLS and if not, Chicago and Mich (2nd and 3rd choices, respectively), I feel like there's a shot I could end up at Penn/Duke/GULC if I get some $$. And of course, I don't know if I'll get into Chicago or Mich either.

vertex

Bronze

Post by vertex » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:21 pm

I'm going on a date tonight!!! I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:24 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
eskimo wrote:Oh, good luck! My Vandy interview was fantastic. Loved the interviewer; extremely informative.
Thanks! Although the way my sights are set I don't know if I'd really go there without one of those Law Merit Scholarships or whatever they're called (of course, I still haven't submitted that part yet), but I have a friend there and he loves it. Since I'm in NJ, the NYC schools are super easy to visit (and I've even unintentionally walked around NYU several times), so I'm trying to decide on a winter road trip course: option A = Mich and Chicago, option B = Vandy/Duke/GULC. Although I'd like to end up at CLS and if not, Chicago and Mich (2nd and 3rd choices, respectively), I feel like there's a shot I could end up at Penn/Duke/GULC if I get some $$. And of course, I don't know if I'll get into Chicago or Mich either.
Duke, Vandy, and Penn all give travel stipends for ASW, and while Chicago does, Mich does not. So I'd visit Chi/Mich over the break and wait for the free trips to the others!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:25 pm

r6_philly wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Babysitting.
Which you are not doing :wink: out of the 4 I am the only one who is well justified of being on here ... while watching sports on TV.
I'm studying somewhat. I have reward increments in which I have to work for a certain amount of time and then I get to check TLS. The only thing is that my increments went from 1 hour to 30 minutes to 15 to 10 to 5 and now it's just a lost cause. I don't know why. There's not even anything exciting right now since it's the weekend so the admissions offices are closed. :(

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:26 pm

vertex wrote:I'm going on a date tonight!!! I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Please do! Your life is officially more exciting than mine right now! Plus we'll have something exciting to talk about ITT!

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:26 pm

eskimo wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
Duke, Vandy, and Penn all give travel stipends for ASW, and while Chicago does, Mich does not. So I'd visit Chi/Mich over the break and wait for the free trips to the others!
Thanks, you just made my decision a whole lot easier! Although visiting Duke and Vandy would've been a nice way to get a little weather boost (albeit very little) for a few days :wink:

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:28 pm

law_monkey wrote:
I'm studying somewhat. I have reward increments in which I have to work for a certain amount of time and then I get to check TLS. The only thing is that my increments went from 1 hour to 30 minutes to 15 to 10 to 5 and now it's just a lost cause. I don't know why. There's not even anything exciting right now since it's the weekend so the admissions offices are closed. :(
You have to be completely off it or it always ends up a lost cause. :lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:31 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
You have to be completely off it or it always ends up a lost cause. :lol:
Yeah I've been searching online for the last few minutes how to block this site. All I have to do is survive through Tuesday and then I'm done, but right now staying off for just a couple days seems impossible. And unfortunately I have to use the Internet, so it's so easy to open a new tab and head right on over. :(

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:33 pm

law_monkey wrote: Yeah I've been searching online for the last few minutes how to block this site. All I have to do is survive through Tuesday and then I'm done, but right now staying off for just a couple days seems impossible. And unfortunately I have to use the Internet, so it's so easy to open a new tab and head right on over. :(
Self control!

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:33 pm

law_monkey wrote:Yeah I've been searching online for the last few minutes how to block this site. All I have to do is survive through Tuesday and then I'm done, but right now staying off for just a couple days seems impossible. And unfortunately I have to use the Internet, so it's so easy to open a new tab and head right on over. :(
You can request a ban from a mod so you won't be able to log in, but you can still read on-topic forums, so it's not that helpful, unfortunately.

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:36 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:37 pm

r6_philly wrote:Self control!
Yeah I think loss of self control is the number one symptom of senioritis.
You can request a ban from a mod so you won't be able to log in, but you can still read on-topic forums, so it's not that helpful, unfortunately.
Yeah that won't help. I will definitely be focused on Monday night when I realize that my last final's the next day and I haven't studied at all. But it might be too late by then. I wish freak out mode would start NOW!!!

obrienfa

Bronze

Post by obrienfa » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:38 pm

law_monkey wrote: I'm studying somewhat. I have reward increments in which I have to work for a certain amount of time and then I get to check TLS. The only thing is that my increments went from 1 hour to 30 minutes to 15 to 10 to 5 and now it's just a lost cause. I don't know why. There's not even anything exciting right now since it's the weekend so the admissions offices are closed. :(
This is my life right now as well. Philosophy and a social science requirement can suuuuuck it.

PS If you have a mac, download self control. It is a bad ass application. It will block you even if you try to restart your computer before time is up.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:39 pm

Why would you even consider Vandy???

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:39 pm

This looks promising! If it works you'll be my favorite FOREVER!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”