Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
obrienfa

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby obrienfa » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:16 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:Wait, there are going to be GG viewing parties? I want! I want!

You're more than welcome! Are you leaning towards the Village or Morningside Heights?

Team Blair/Serena/Nate or Team Humphrey/Vanessa?

Am I the only person who thinks they need to write off Team Humphrey/Vanessa?

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:18 pm

obrienfa wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:Wait, there are going to be GG viewing parties? I want! I want!

You're more than welcome! Are you leaning towards the Village or Morningside Heights?

Stop using them as a couple or write them off completely? Because I like them as a couple only because it keeps Dan away from Serena. Other than that they can go.

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:20 pm

JoeShmoe11 wrote:We've missed your daily "hold on to your seat belt hats!" posts!

FTFY and +1! Please don't stop!

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:23 pm

jd2014! wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:
vertex wrote:Man, there are so many new people in the thread! Where did the old crew go? Shane? T6? picco? Joe?

Ohai Ver! I keep checking in but I've had some issues with the plumbing in my house and so I haven't really been able to get on as much.

I also just recently discovered the ED waiting thread:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=138827
Jump on in!

Edit: All the new people were RD NYU and, once being admitted, decided T6 wasn't good enough anymore; so now they're here.

I can't honestly say this is entirely untrue.

:P Hence the T-6 cat!

JoeShmoe11

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:27 pm

shanemahsa wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:We've missed your daily "hold on to your seat belt hats!" posts!

FTFY = for the f***ing yuletide??

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:31 pm

law_monkey wrote:
obrienfa wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:

Stop using them as a couple or write them off completely? Because I like them as a couple only because it keeps Dan away from Serena. Other than that they can go.

Dan/Blair anyone? Dare to Dair!!!

Maybe it's my subconscious telling me I'm unable to decide between NYU or Columbia so I want both together. =D

obrienfa

Postby obrienfa » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:31 pm

law_monkey wrote:
obrienfa wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:

Just write them off completely. That way Serena is free from Dan and I don't have to look at Vanessa anymore.
I also wish they would make Little J's ban to Hudson permanent until she learns you don't need 887 pounds of eye make up and what conditioner is.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:53 pm

It's definitely starting to look that way! I'd be fine with that although I would be afraid for Dan's life once Chuck finds out. I don't care as long as Dan is preoccupied with someone else so Nate can finally get Serena back!!!

Just write them off completely. That way Serena is free from Dan and I don't have to look at Vanessa anymore.
I also wish they would make Little J's ban to Hudson permanent until she learns you don't need 887 pounds of eye make up and what conditioner is.

So true!!! I can't stand her voice either. I also think that Vanessa for sure needs to be gone because I'm tired of her acting like the Brooklyn's are so much more respectful than the others. Such a hypocrite!

Dany

Postby Dany » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:59 pm

I can't watch Gossip Girl because I loved the books so much and it's... not the same. :(

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:01 pm

eskimo wrote:I can't watch Gossip Girl because I loved the books so much and it's... not the same. :(

I'm sure. The books are always better. I just discovered the show before the books, so I didn't have to go through watching them get destroyed. You can come to our other viewing parties if you want! I'm sure there are other shows we all have in common. :D

Dany

Postby Dany » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Yayyy!

In the books, Vanessa is pale and kind of punk with a shaved head and always wears combat boots. And that's just the tip of the iceberg as far as differences go.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:05 pm

eskimo wrote:Yayyy!

In the books, Vanessa is pale and kind of punk with a shaved head and always wears combat boots. And that's just the tip of the iceberg as far as differences go.

Yeah I've heard that the coupling in the books is way different. And that Jenny is really big which is funny considering the fact that on the show she's like 100 pounds.

obrienfa

Postby obrienfa » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:05 pm

eskimo wrote:I can't watch Gossip Girl because I loved the books so much and it's... not the same. :(

Did you see they have a new book out about Blair and Serena away at college? But I agree about the books, every time Chuck does something I think to myself "it would be so much better if he had a monkey on his shoulder".

law_monkey wrote:

It's definitely starting to look that way! I'd be fine with that although I would be afraid for Dan's life once Chuck finds out. I don't care as long as Dan is preoccupied with someone else so Nate can finally get Serena back!!!

So true!!! I can't stand her voice either. I also think that Vanessa for sure needs to be gone because I'm tired of her acting like the Brooklyn's are so much more respectful than the others. Such a hypocrite!

I think Chuck's payback on Dan will be epic.

Has anyone here played the GG drinking game?

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:08 pm

Agreed. I was so shocked with what they did with Vanessa for the TV show... also Dan and Jenny. Anyone else remember how in the books Jenny was chubby and large-chested?
starrydreamz3 wrote:

Ugh, that's tough. I always thought I identified more with the Village aesthetic but now that I'm actually living in New York I find that it's just annoying and I love the rarified elistism of Mside Heights. That said... uh... neither one of them is going to ask me to come to their school, sooo it's all good.

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:09 pm

JoeShmoe11 wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:

FTFY = for the f***ing yuletide??

Fixed that for you :P :D

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:11 pm

law_monkey wrote:

Yeah I've heard that the coupling in the books is way different. And that Jenny is really big which is funny considering the fact that on the show she's like 100 pounds.

Oops you beat me to it. But yeah, totally. Also, I was really excited when Jenny came back from her exile the first time this season, because I thought she would have ditched the eye makeup and awful hair, but it was still there. SUCH a bad move... and I get the feeling that Taylor Momsen actually digs that look IRL too.

Okay sorry to everyone who actually wanted to talk about COLUMBIA ITT.

Dany

Postby Dany » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:21 pm

Yeah, when I saw "Jenny" in the show, I was done. An anorexic blonde who wears too much makeup vs. a short, curly-haired brunette with huge boobs? Can't do it. Just can't.

And no - I haven't seen the S/B off to college one - might have to make a little trip to B&N sometime over the break!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:22 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:Okay sorry to everyone who actually wanted to talk about COLUMBIA ITT.

Yeaaa I don't know what's going on here.

Spykuh

Postby Spykuh » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:24 pm

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:30 pm

Spykuh wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/10/david-epstein-incest-char_n_794864.html

Luckily that's in their poli sci dept. Law school reputation upheld!

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:32 pm

eskimo wrote:Yeah, when I saw "Jenny" in the show, I was done. An anorexic blonde who wears too much makeup vs. a short, curly-haired brunette with huge boobs? Can't do it. Just can't.

And no - I haven't seen the S/B off to college one - might have to make a little trip to B&N sometime over the break!

Yeah well it's CW. I think that before you can even audition for a show with them you have to sign a contract that says you'll eat only lettuce for the rest of your life. All the actors on their shows look the same...then again they tend to reuse the same people every time a show gets canceled and they start a new one.

Dany

Postby Dany » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:42 pm

Y'all have got me thinking - my 13-year-old little sister hasn't read them so I think I'm going to get her the series for Christmas! yayyy!

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:47 pm

Spykuh wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/10/david-epstein-incest-char_n_794864.html

Wow, I've read some of Epstein. Now I can never not think of this. Crazy...

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:49 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:

Wow, I've read some of Epstein. Now I can never not think of this. Crazy...

Me too, now it makes me question what I read.

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”