Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Dany

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Dany » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Kili wrote:Your Name + the Flareon 'tar is very ironic.

Hahahahaha I didn't even think about that! My igloo is melttttingggggggggggg

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:40 pm

Kili wrote:Thanks for all the responses.

I though about doing it to save money, but (from an economic perspective) the opportunity costs of returning to school after entering the work force start to add up to the point it would be more worth it to enroll right away.

Yeah I guess just in terms of possible income, it doesn't make sense for me to go back to law school. My earning potential is pretty high just from where I'm at right now.

But alas, law is the dream. I think my parents hope that I'll just be happy where I am and not sink anymore money into my education. Who knows, maybe I will. I guess that's another benefit of a year off. A little perspective never hurt anyone.

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:41 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:42 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:

I though about doing it to save money, but (from an economic perspective) the opportunity costs of returning to school after entering the work force start to add up to the point it would be more worth it to enroll right away.

Yeah I guess just in terms of possible income, it doesn't make sense for me to go back to law school. My earning potential is pretty high just from where I'm at right now.

But alas, law is the dream. I think my parents hope that I'll just be happy where I am and not sink anymore money into my education. Who knows, maybe I will. I guess that's another benefit of a year off. A little perspective never hurt anyone.

Aw but then we'll have to have the 1L GG viewing parties without you. :( You will be missed!

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:47 pm

law_monkey wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:

Aw but then we'll have to have the 1L GG viewing parties without you. :( You will be missed!

The financial district is a subway ride away form either NYU or Columbia, wherever you end up!

(Though I'll probably still be at the office when it originally airs...weekend hulu parties instead?)

vertex

Postby vertex » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:55 pm

Man, there are so many new people in the thread! Where did the old crew go? Shane? T6? picco? Joe?

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:58 pm

what happened to the ED applicants? still no news?

Postby 4102011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:59 pm

eskimo wrote:Well I'm considering deferring because I'm straight from UG and I'd like a year off, but don't want to apply later. I'd like to work for a year, and hopefully let the legal market recover a bit more before I'm in law school. But either way (defer or not), I'll be happy!

I still think you should come to NYC and hang out with me next year <3

BUT FINE :evil:

jk <3

obrienfa

Postby obrienfa » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:01 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:

The financial district is a subway ride away form either NYU or Columbia, wherever you end up!

(Though I'll probably still be at the office when it originally airs...weekend hulu parties instead?)

If you replace Hulu with Tivo, we can have them at my apartment :)

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:05 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:06 pm

Kili wrote:
vertex wrote:Man, there are so many new people in the thread! Where did the old crew go? Shane? T6? picco? Joe?

We migrated to the ED waiting thread.

Hahaha....ED waiting thread... (it's funny because erectile dysfunction requires a lot of waiting. No? I'll go back to studying now.)

your 'tar is way too sad... that cat is killing me lol

jd2014!

Postby jd2014! » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:14 pm

Kili wrote:Any thoughts on why one would defer?

I've heard mixed answers on how (if) it would help with internships, OCI, etc...

I took an extra year (I am now 2 years out of undergrad) to get some experience and perspective, to solidify my decision to go to law school, to let my brain work in a different (less academic) way, to live in another country, and, yes, to (hopefully) wait for the economy to recover a bit before hitting the job market. And I am very glad I did! I feel much more confident in my decision to go to law school, and have a couple of years of international work experience under my belt. I would definitely recommend to anyone taking 1+ years off, deferral or not.

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:28 pm

vertex wrote:Man, there are so many new people in the thread! Where did the old crew go? Shane? T6? picco? Joe?

Ohai Ver! I keep checking in but I've had some issues with the plumbing in my house and so I haven't really been able to get on as much.

I also just recently discovered the ED waiting thread:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=138827
Jump on in!

Edit: All the new people were RD NYU and, once being admitted, decided T6 wasn't good enough anymore; so now they're here.

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:40 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:43 pm

obrienfa wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:

If you replace Hulu with Tivo, we can have them at my apartment :)

Wait, there are going to be GG viewing parties? I want! I want!

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:45 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:Wait, there are going to be GG viewing parties? I want! I want!

You're more than welcome! Are you leaning towards the Village or Morningside Heights?

Team Blair/Serena/Nate or Team Humphrey/Vanessa?

arism87

Postby arism87 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:47 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:Wait, there are going to be GG viewing parties? I want! I want!

You're more than welcome! Are you leaning towards the Village or Morningside Heights?

Hahaha I know almost nothing about New York, but when you put it that way.. Morningside Heights it is.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:52 pm

Kili wrote:Any thoughts on why one would defer?

I've heard mixed answers on how (if) it would help with internships, OCI, etc...

Well I applied for a fellowship abroad, and if I get that I would definitely be requesting a deferral (I did in fact call and ED students are allowed to apply for deferral. That doesn't mean they'll grant it, but I think in my case they would probably understand.

I've been hibernating in the ED waiting thread. This thread moves too fast for me, contrasted with how I pretty much know my fall grades, yet Columbia most likely won't get them (finals period has to end first, then I have to request them, then they have to receive them... huge delays possible in the latter two) until most likely January 5th or so... :(

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:52 pm

arism87 wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:

Hahaha I know almost nothing about New York, but when you put it that way.. Morningside Heights it is.

Smart woman.

-points to avatar-

JoeShmoe11

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Verteeeex. I'm lost in this sea of new people, glad to see you're still around. New people are cool though and very active haha. They've brought girly tv shows and lolcats with them so there's plenty of laughs to be had :P

Also a lot of the EDers seem to have migrated to the ED thread. We've missed your daily "hold on to your seat belt!" posts!

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:01 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:

OMG Morningside all the way! I've been so disappointed with Serena's decision making in regards to her love life these last couple episodes.

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:06 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

jd2014!

Postby jd2014! » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:09 pm

shanemahsa wrote:

Ohai Ver! I keep checking in but I've had some issues with the plumbing in my house and so I haven't really been able to get on as much.

I also just recently discovered the ED waiting thread:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=138827
Jump on in!

Edit: All the new people were RD NYU and, once being admitted, decided T6 wasn't good enough anymore; so now they're here.

I can't honestly say this is entirely untrue.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:15 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”